PDA

View Full Version : Pat Williams guarantees victory for Bills...

Ickybaluky
10-02-2004, 08:54 PM
From the AP wire:

''They ain't winning 18 straight, I'll tell you that,'' defensive tackle Pat Williams said. ''I don't care what kind of game plan they come in with, we're going to win on Sunday. The guys are hungry around here. We ain't settling for nothing less.''

im4bflo
10-02-2004, 09:01 PM
That's the attitude I've been waiting to hear, balls out, go for broke!
If the whole locker room is in this mood, we're in for a hell of a game!
Go get that "Marsha" Brady Pat, and then let the other guys have a piece!
This is why they play the games people! Circle the wagons!!!!!
GO BILLS!!! :bow:

Charlieguide
10-02-2004, 09:17 PM
. . . and I'm stuck working 10-7. :mad:

Michael82
10-02-2004, 09:21 PM
:lolpoint:
. . . and I'm stuck working 10-7. :mad:

HotRod
10-02-2004, 09:52 PM
I certainly hope all of them have that attitude. IMO, confidence is their major obstacle. They have the chance to win and it's like there's a little devil sitting on their shoulders tell them that they can't and they say "oh yeah... we gotta screw up". It's almost as if they believe the media hype about Buffalo. :(

ArcticWildMan
10-02-2004, 10:01 PM
What happens if we don't win?

I hate players making such statements.

HotRod
10-02-2004, 10:07 PM

True. I wish the attitudes/energy would just translate on the field. For the entire game. No, scratch that.... for at least 30 minutes after the final whistle.

Wolffman
10-02-2004, 10:08 PM
He never guaranteed a victory, he was just showing his confidence in the team.

ScottLawrence
10-02-2004, 10:19 PM
"He aint get no 50 yards" :winkpunch

imbondz
10-02-2004, 10:23 PM

it's impossible, he guaranteed a win. in a few hours, we'll be 1-2. 1, possibly two games (if the Jets win) out of first

HotRod
10-02-2004, 10:24 PM
He never guaranteed a victory, he was just showing his confidence in the team.

This sounded like a "guarantee" to me, not just confidence in his team.

''They ain't winning 18 straight, I'll tell you that,'' defensive tackle Pat Williams said. ''I don't care what kind of game plan they come in with, we're going to win on Sunday. The guys are hungry around here. We ain't settling for nothing less.''

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled if they really are that motivated and have that much confidence in themselves. I'll even be more thrilled if all this confidence results in a win.

Wolffman
10-02-2004, 10:31 PM
This sounded like a "guarantee" to me, not just confidence in his team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled if they really are that motivated and have that much confidence in themselves. I'll even be more thrilled if all this confidence results in a win.

True, but it's not like he came out and said, "We're going to win tomarro. I guarantee it. Write it down, we will not lose."

He was just showing the confidence the Bills have in themselves to win. Would you rather him be tepid about it and not have any feelings at all?

HotRod
10-02-2004, 10:41 PM
True, but it's not like he came out and said, "We're going to win tomarro. I guarantee it. Write it down, we will not lose."

He was just showing the confidence the Bills have in themselves to win. Would you rather him be tepid about it and not have any feelings at all?

I'm thrilled that he has strong feelings, I was just trying to figure out how you think he didn't guarentee it. He DID say that "we are going to win" and that "they ain't winning tomorrow".

:gobills:

ArcticWildMan
10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
I wish I shared Pat's confidence. Belichek has had our number ever since Drew came here. I have a feeling we lose and lose BIG! :(

Mr. Cynical
10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
''They ain't winning 18 straight, I'll tell you that" = "I guarantee we will win."

The words are different but the meaning is identical.

im4bflo
10-02-2004, 11:20 PM
You've got to believe it, to get it done on the field.
No more "I hope...", or "If we..."'s, let's get it done.
That kind of attitude will show on the field.
GO BILLS! :bow:

lordofgun
10-02-2004, 11:49 PM
I like it! I'll believe it when I see it, but I like it!

Dr. Optimist, SB
10-03-2004, 12:01 AM
I wish I shared Pat's confidence. Belichek has had our number ever since Drew came here. I have a feeling we lose and lose BIG! :(
yeah except for that whole 31-0 thing last year in Buffalo right?

shelby
10-03-2004, 06:49 AM
i am not feeling optomistic, but until i feel compelled to scream "y'all suck" at the O line and Drew every down, i won't give up hope.
This game is locally televised...which amazed me at first, until i realized it's all about the 19-1 record.:cynic:

ryjam282
10-03-2004, 07:21 AM
what's the big deal? I love it when guys do this. Sometimes it lights a fire under other guys asses. I see nothing wrong with, nice job Pat. If we don't win, it isn't a big deal. No one will talk about it on Monday at all.....Unless we win ;)

FTG
10-03-2004, 08:48 AM
I wish Pat could guarantee Bledsoe won't play like a rookie

casdhf
10-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Anyone thing PW would say how they expect to lose?

Typ0
10-03-2004, 09:12 AM

It's an easy statement to make...people forget quickly if we lose and go oh and ah if we win.