PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci says the Bills can win today

shelby
10-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before....

nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7746389)

And the reason the Bills have a fairly good chance at pulling off the upset goes well beyond the fact they could easily be 2-0 instead of 0-2 or that they will be riding an emotional tidal wave from a sellout crowd that has put the Patriots ahead of the Miami Dolphins (or at least on a par with them) for "most hated" rival or that Drew Bledsoe thrives on any opportunity to get some measure of payback from the team that sent him packing.

This comes down to the fact the Bills present the strongest defensive challenge the Patriots have faced this season. Thanks largely to the addition of a top-quality running back in Corey Dillon, the Pats have gone three-and-out only once in two games. But that was against the soft defensive fronts of the Colts and Arizona Cardinals. The Bills will provide far greater resistance, especially with the exceptional play from Sam Adams at defensive tackle.

:gobills:

casdhf
10-03-2004, 07:35 AM
I must spread it around before I give it to Shelby again. :(

G. Host
10-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Sell out != Bills fans anymore. There were over 10,000 unhappy Patriots fans in stands last year. Vic is a national reporter and no longer Buffalo Bills reporter so he may not realize our 12th man has been diluted.

FTG
10-03-2004, 08:43 AM
That is absurd. our 12th man has not been diluted. If it is not as loud as our glory days ever think it may be because the Bills have not given the fans much to cheer about the last year and a half.
If the Bills do thier job the oppsoing teams fans will have nothing to cheer about.

The_Philster
10-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Vic still does a lot of work with the Bills...on pregames and stuff and yes, the 12th man has been diluted, at least for some games...there were a ton of Pats fans there today

FTG
10-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Vic still does a lot of work with the Bills...on pregames and stuff and yes, the 12th man has been diluted, at least for some games...there were a ton of Pats fans there today

how is that any differant than in the 90's Phil. There were always thousands of Fins fans at the Miami game and it did not do them any good. If the Bills did not suck the 12th man would be as loud as ever

The_Philster
10-03-2004, 07:34 PM
how is that any differant than in the 90's Phil. There were always thousands of Fins fans at the Miami game and it did not do them any good. If the Bills did not suck the 12th man would be as loud as ever
In the case of the Pats, I think the influx of their fans into our stadium the last few years has grown dramatically. However, I do agree that our team's performance negatively affects the 12th man. Part of that is because there are more opposing fans because Bills fans aren't buying up as many seats as we used to.

Typ0
10-03-2004, 07:44 PM
the pats fans are more prevalent because of the band wagoners and that they have a good "extra-regional" following to begin with. I was in the stadium for the JAX game and IT WAS LOUD. It was as loud in the 4th Q of that game as it was for the TEN game following MCM. About 3 years ago I saw GB play and there were cheeseheads everywhere...NE has more fans because they are winning (GB has more fans because they are winners).