PDA

View Full Version : Don't give me any more ***** excuses about Bledsoe

Tatonka
10-03-2004, 03:18 PM
he turns the ball over.

period.

and INT and a CRITICAL fumble cost us the game.

i dont want to hear about the oline not blocking.. the oline didnt cause the INT.. and the online didnt force bledsoe to not have the athletic ability to fall flat on his ass... you would think that with as many sacks as he takes, he could fall down better..

lets go losman. bledsoe is a washed up piece of ****.

Nighthawk
10-03-2004, 03:20 PM
he turns the ball over.

period.

i dont want to hear about the oline not blocking.. the oline didnt cause the INT.. and the online didnt force bledsoe to not have the athletic ability to fall flat on his ass... you would think that with as many sacks as he takes, he could fall down better..

He does suck, but don't be stupid! Bledsoe wasn't the only reason that this team lost today. The call was a stupid one and they continue to play bad players (ie - Wire). By the way, I want Losman in there too, but if you say that Bledsoe was the only reason that we lost this game, then you look like a fool.

FTG
10-03-2004, 03:24 PM
when Losmans healthy he should play. He better be a great one because this team is headed toward a top 5 pick for Dallas

Tatonka
10-03-2004, 03:25 PM
no.. he is not the only reason we just got owned..

but his horrible play has cost us in key situations for almost 2 straight years.

this team will never be anything with him at qb.. never.

congrats to dallas on a top 5 draft pick.

lets go losman.. get healthy quick.

prediction.. the jets destroy us.. and miami squeaks on out against us.

FTG
10-03-2004, 03:27 PM
We will be killed by the Jets. We could go 1-7 thru the first 8 if we don't beat Miamit.

Nighthawk

but his horrible play has cost us in key situations for almost 2 straight years.

The biggest problem with this team is the stupid play calling, defensively & offensively. Again we are saddled with a head coach who has no clue. I'm so sick of seeing him show no f'n emotion...no wonder the team doesn't respect him. He's an f'n bufoon!

juice
Lack of Defense cost the game.. Maybe a little SS play would have helped or a sack/Pressure from the Million Dollar DE.

LarryBoy

...and when Losman gets crushed by an uneffective O-line, then what?

DraftBoy
10-03-2004, 03:30 PM

When he scrambles from pressue and makes plays, then what??

ryjam282
10-03-2004, 03:32 PM
That's the thing, Losman won't get crushed. He is MOBILE, the last time Drew moved out of the pocket, he ruptured his insides. He sucks.

I have to say thanks to JustaSportsFan for sending my newly signed Drew Bledsoe jersey back to me...I appreciate it, now for the good news...Signed Drew Bledsoe Jersey for sale....I will take .30 for it, plus shipping....That is about the going rate I am sure.:fury:

Nighthawk
10-03-2004, 03:33 PM
I hope that when Losman's leg heals that Mularkey's brain heals also!

ScottLawrence
10-03-2004, 04:16 PM

Uneffective O-Line my ass.

They held there own the WHOLE GAME against an effective pass rush.

When Jennings and Teague got injuried, problems occured but, O-Line wasn't much of a problem in this game.

Penaltys, Play calling, and Bledsoe cost us the game.

Hm, that sounds exactly like last year.

finsrclowns
10-03-2004, 04:28 PM
he turns the ball over.

period.

One question: do you KNOW whether or not Moulds ran the correct route on the INT? Because the same situation happened later in the game, Moulds turned in AGAIN instead of going upfield, and after the play Bledsoe was shown talking to Moulds and Moulds hanging his head. Now this isn't like Gilbride's offense where the receiver has several options of where to go. There was a mistake made no doubt. But if Moulds ran the same route wrong later in the game why do you assume he didn't on the INT? And if he did how is that Bledsoe's fault?

The fumble was a great play by Bruschi plain and simple. He wasn't touched and he pushed the ball out as he tackled Bledsoe. Just a great play. I was hoping we'd run on that play. Of course Henry's slip on third down set up the whole thing.

HenryRules
10-03-2004, 04:31 PM
One question: do you KNOW whether or not Moulds ran the correct route on the INT? Because the same situation happened later in the game, Moulds turned in AGAIN instead of going upfield, and after the play Bledsoe was shown talking to Moulds and Moulds hanging his head. Now this isn't like Gilbride's offense where the receiver has several options of where to go. There was a mistake made no doubt. But if Moulds ran the same route wrong later in the game why do you assume he didn't on the INT? And if he did how is that Bledsoe's fault?

The fumble was a great play by Bruschi plain and simple. He wasn't touched and he pushed the ball out as he tackled Bledsoe. Just a great play. I was hoping we'd run on that play. Of course Henry's slip on third down set up the whole thing.

I think everyone knows where you stand on the INT.

At the same time, how can you completely assume that Moulds is at fault? Maybe he's hanging his head to say, "I can't believe my QB ****ed up twice in one game on the same play, we're never gonna win with him" Hanging his head probably indicates disappointment, it doesn't indicate who he's disappointed with.

socalfan
10-03-2004, 04:31 PM

On the interception Drew said he read the wrong coverage. On the second pass play Moulds said he read the wrong coverage. And in fact, the receiver does have more than one option on a route it depends on the coverage....even in Mularkey's offense.

mybills
10-03-2004, 04:36 PM
If Bledsoe was more like John Kerry he could change his mind at the last second. Instead of getting sacked because the play called for a pass...hand it off to Henry. :idunno: Gee, that's a first! :doh:

finsrclowns
10-03-2004, 04:36 PM
On the interception Drew said he read the wrong coverage. On the second pass play Moulds said he read the wrong coverage. And in fact, the receiver does have more than one option on a route it depends on the coverage....even in Mularkey's offense.

Where are you hearing this?

socalfan
10-03-2004, 04:37 PM
The post game interview....directly from Mularkey.

mybills
10-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Drew's a ***** Veteran...does he HAVE to stick to the coaches play call if there's another option available?

Jayhawk
10-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Let's get Frank Reich out of retirement

socalfan
10-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Let's get Frank Reich out of retirement

I hear he has God on his side. We could use that kind of help about now.

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I hear he has God on his side. We could use that kind of help about now.

Can I get an AMEN my brothers and sisters??!!! :;

bobbyc39
10-03-2004, 04:49 PM
I still can't believe how people are complaining about Drew. He played a good game today and should shoulder very little of the blame for this loss. Penalties and the usual b.s. patriots luck (the 2nd dillon fumble, the roughing the pass against fletcher) lost this game for us. Drew's only mistake was a miscommunication with moulds. The O-line played great until the 4th quarter... all the Pats had to do was blitz, Mike Williams is a bust, he allowed Bruschi to come in untouched and cause a fumble. I don't know how Drew can be blamed for that either.. try turning around on a play action and getting popped like that. The defense gave up a couple big plays.. no excuse for that Patten touchdown.. he was WIIIIDE open. I know Bledsoe backers are few and far between these days but this was a good game on Bledsoe's behalf. Let's not forget they kept it interesting all game against a team that's won now 18 games in a row. Who knows... I doubt it but they could still come around and make a run for the playoffs. As a former patriots fan, I can see a little bit of Pete Carrol in Mularkey. He needs to be tougher with his players and beat on them a little bit in practice if he wants to avoid the penalties. Ok, I've vented. --P.S. this game would have been much different if Milloy was healthy!

mybills
10-03-2004, 04:53 PM
I don't blame the whole game on Drew. I just blamed him when what he didn't do counted.

Tatonka
10-03-2004, 07:11 PM
i love how the "defend drew at all costs crew" says the line played bad today.

you need to rewatch the game. the line played well the whole game until jennings and teague got hurt at the end and dredsoe was just standing back there in statue mode for the last 3 minutes of the game making the sack stats look 2x as bad as they were.

bottom line..

the buffalo bills will never ever ever ever ever be a contender with drew at the helm..

we have no chance at the playoffs.. regardless of how everyone else plays, because drew will never be a qb that can win a game.

he is not and will not be the sole reason we lose a LOT of games this year.. but he will be the biggest reason we will never WIN.

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Don't bash Drew! He is worth every one of the countless millions we've spent on him. Remember, he is a FOUR TIME pro bowler. He has got to be good. Just you wait. ONE MORE GAME and he'll show you all! I know people have been saying that after every game since the middle of '02, but it still doesn't matter. He just needs a better coach, a better oline, a better RB and better WRs. Once he has those things in place he will be GREAT! You'll see!

:crazy: :hitself::lolhit:

Typ0
10-03-2004, 07:21 PM
I still can't believe how people are complaining about Drew. He played a good game today and should shoulder very little of the blame for this loss. Penalties and the usual b.s. patriots luck (the 2nd dillon fumble, the roughing the pass against fletcher) lost this game for us. Drew's only mistake was a miscommunication with moulds. The O-line played great until the 4th quarter... all the Pats had to do was blitz, Mike Williams is a bust, he allowed Bruschi to come in untouched and cause a fumble. I don't know how Drew can be blamed for that either.. try turning around on a play action and getting popped like that. The defense gave up a couple big plays.. no excuse for that Patten touchdown.. he was WIIIIDE open. I know Bledsoe backers are few and far between these days but this was a good game on Bledsoe's behalf. Let's not forget they kept it interesting all game against a team that's won now 18 games in a row. Who knows... I doubt it but they could still come around and make a run for the playoffs. As a former patriots fan, I can see a little bit of Pete Carrol in Mularkey. He needs to be tougher with his players and beat on them a little bit in practice if he wants to avoid the penalties. Ok, I've vented. --P.S. this game would have been much different if Milloy was healthy!

At the beginning of the second quarter DB took a sack that put us out of FG range. Doesn't that make it clear he's not focused enough to put us in a position to win?

chernobylwraiths
10-03-2004, 07:43 PM
i love how the "defend drew at all costs crew" says the line played bad today.

you need to rewatch the game. the line played well the whole game until jennings and teague got hurt at the end and dredsoe was just standing back there in statue mode for the last 3 minutes of the game making the sack stats look 2x as bad as they were.

bottom line..

the buffalo bills will never ever ever ever ever be a contender with drew at the helm..

we have no chance at the playoffs.. regardless of how everyone else plays, because drew will never be a qb that can win a game.

he is not and will not be the sole reason we lose a LOT of games this year.. but he will be the biggest reason we will never WIN.

I love how the bash Drew at all costs crew sees only the negative things that Bledsoe does. They can't seem to fathom that there are 10 other players on his team side and that there are 11 other players trying to stop them. Drew would have to be perfect in order to please some people. No wait, Drew COULD be perfect and feed the entire stadium by turning 2 hot dogs and 5 hot pretzels into a multitude but some would complain that they didn't like the mustard that he put on them.

Of course some of the things that happened in the game were Drew's fault, but many were out of his control as well. I would like to see almost ANY QB in the league try and keep his hands onto the ball when he turns around and a LB is right in his face swatting the ball away. Did he miss some people, you bet cha, but I don't know of a QB in the league whose completion percentage is over 90%. I don't think Drew was in the Bills defensive secondary (although it looked like it) when they were getting torched for long play after long play. It wasn't Drew who tripped up Henry who (again on a crucial play) tripped before getting to the line of scrimmage on third and one. He didn't hold anyone on third and one in the second half when it was tied at 17 and we were driving in NE territory. But it is HE that gets the blame and ridicule when he is repeatedly hit after our Oline is missing the key players or if a blocking assignment is totally blown.

Hey, he deserves blame, as a "Drew lover" I'm not a complete moron, but there are FAR more reasons than the QB as to why we are losing. I would LOVE to tape a game by these Patriots and see how this HOF line is protecting Brady. I can't understand how they RARELY get called for penalties. I think the Bills are playing decent ball for the most part. They need to get a couple of breaks (and have the officials make the RIGHT call a few times) and to stop the stupid ass penalties that keep killing their drives.

Lastly, I will admit that maybe Drew just can't win. That he has a major hex on him that has bad things happen to his teams. In that case he should put the Tiki idol back in its resting spot, buy about a dozen rabbit's feet and four leaf clovers if he is ever going to win again.

Iehoshua
10-03-2004, 07:45 PM
I love how the bash Drew at all costs crew sees only the negative things that Bledsoe does.

Hey hey, I'm the one who named you guys in the Drew Love Crew (DLC). Stop infringing upon my name!
:rofl:

chernobylwraiths
10-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey hey, I'm the one who named you guys in the Drew Love Crew (DLC). Stop infringing upon my name!
:rofl:

Sorry man. Can you think up a name for yourselves? :D

The Natrix
10-03-2004, 07:49 PM
I don't really look at it as Drew Lovers/Haters. I see it as people who are willing to settle and those who are not willing.

Being clutch is what I value the most in a QB. Drew is the exact opposite of clutch.

Typ0
10-03-2004, 07:52 PM
any QB who has been playing for over 10 years and has more than once in four games driven the team out of scoring position because he didn't get rid of the ball has no defense against the doom and gloomers. We're talking about fundamentals that should be learned in high school here. If there were any competition for the position he never would have made it out of training camp as the starter...which probably would be best it might make him wake the hell up.

chernobylwraiths
10-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I don't really look at it as Drew Lovers/Haters. I see it as people who are willing to settle and those who are not willing.

Being clutch is what I value the most in a QB. Drew is the exact opposite of clutch.

If the Bills are still losing when Losman is healthy then I am all for replacing Drew. Matthews is NOT the answer, and has never been the answer in his career. Drew hit those long balls in the first half great, where were they in the second half?

chernobylwraiths
10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
any QB who has been playing for over 10 years and has more than once in four games driven the team out of scoring position because he didn't get rid of the ball has no defense against the doom and gloomers. We're talking about fundamentals that should be learned in high school here. If there were any competition for the position he never would have made it out of training camp as the starter...which probably would be best it might make him wake the hell up.

You talking about that one sack where he was tripped by his own player? You're blaming him for THAT one too?

Typ0
10-03-2004, 08:00 PM
You talking about that one sack where he was tripped by his own player? You're blaming him for THAT one too?

give me a break...he's the supposed leader on the field...he is the one that tripped over someone...even if they were in the wrong position he's responsible to adjust at least enough not to lose yards at a critical time like that. Give it a rest DB is not playing winning football. If the team doesn't have it together then he is the one that can rise up and make them get it together...and he's not getting the job done.

chernobylwraiths
10-03-2004, 08:02 PM
give me a break...he's the supposed leader on the field...he is the one that tripped over someone...even if they were in the wrong position he's responsible to adjust at least enough not to lose yards at a critical time like that. Give it a rest DB is not playing winning football. If the team doesn't have it together then he is the one that can rise up and make them get it together...and he's not getting the job done.

LOL, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Not only is it his fault we lost, it is his fault that a guy from his own team trips him. :rofl:

Typ0
10-03-2004, 08:05 PM
LOL, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Not only is it his fault we lost, it is his fault that a guy from his own team trips him. :rofl:

I didn't say it was his fault we lost...I said it's his responsibility not to contribute to losses like taking a critical sack that removes the potential of points on the board. I'm not going to argue with you...the whole team sucks...but he is the one that can rise up and make them better and he's not getting it done.

mybills
10-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Man, I didn't want Drew to begin with, but I can honestly say he didn't screw up that bad until the 2nd half. OUCH!

68isafatf***
10-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Mike Williams cost the game. Not Bledsoe.

mybills
10-03-2004, 08:08 PM
He screws up too much, though. Just like he did in NE. THAT'S why I didn't want him on my team in the first place. :mad:

mchurchfie
10-03-2004, 08:09 PM
give me a break...he's the supposed leader on the field...he is the one that tripped over someone...even if they were in the wrong position he's responsible to adjust at least enough not to lose yards at a critical time like that. Give it a rest DB is not playing winning football. If the team doesn't have it together then he is the one that can rise up and make them get it together...and he's not getting the job done.:clap: I totally agree. The team isn't responding to Bledsoe and he DOES continue to make the most boneheaded plays at the most inopportune times...him throwing the ball away on 4th down against KC on the last and final drive to tie the game last year comes to mind. That was an unforgivable mistake on his part. He has also taken sacks to put us out of FG range WAAAYY TOO MANY times.:down: He is a veteran QB...this SHOULD NOT be happening. Granted he probably gets a lot more blame than he deserves sometines but that's just the nature of his psoition. he is a supposed franchise QB...he NEEDS to step up and win a game or two by himself no matter how well the rest of the team is playing..Kelly used to do it.

Typ0
10-03-2004, 08:12 PM
:clap: I totally agree. The team isn't responding to Bledsoe and he DOES continue to make the most boneheaded plays at the most inopportune times...him throwing the ball away on 4th down against KC on the last and final drive to tie the game last year comes to mind. That was an unforgivable mistake on his part. He has also taken sacks to put us out of FG range WAAAYY TOO MANY times.:down: He is a veteran QB...this SHOULD NOT be happening. Granted he probably gets a lot more blame than he deserves sometines but that's just the nature of his psoition. he is a supposed franchise QB...he NEEDS to step up and win a game or two by himself no matter how well the rest of the team is playing..Kelly used to do it.

exactly...I feel bad for him because I am a nice person and I want him to rot in hell...good thing I'm not religious :snicker:

mchurchfie
10-03-2004, 08:24 PM
exactly...I feel bad for him because I am a nice person and I want him to rot in hell...good thing I'm not religious :snicker:
I was thinking a little worse but that works for me.:hi5::snicker:

mybills
10-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I can't believe I'm defending the idiot, but he took one of those sacks for a good reason this game. :ontome:

Typ0
10-03-2004, 08:25 PM
I was thinking a little worse but that works for me.:hi5::snicker:

let's dress him up as a catholic priest and send him to prison...:)

Typ0
10-03-2004, 08:26 PM
I can't believe I'm defending the idiot, but he took one of those sacks for a good reason this game. :ontome:

3rd and 6 on the 34...give me one good reason to take a 12 yard sack.

The_Philster
10-03-2004, 08:55 PM
..Kelly used to do it.I think some people expect that every QB we play has to be another Kelly...it ain't gonna happen. We'll be lucky to have another player like that in our lifetimes
BTW, a good read (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2004/03/23/jim_kelly_and_drew_bledsoe_similar_yet_different.php) :;

DaBills
10-03-2004, 09:21 PM
"...Signed Drew Bledsoe Jersey for sale....I will take .30 for it, plus shipping..."

I'll give you .20¢. I have to subtract something for all the Tide I'll need to get out the turf stains on the back.

All the Williams haters also need to remember the human-holding penalty named Jennings.

Wow, Bledsose excusers even after today. Amazing.This team stunk on many levels, but Drew not take the blame for the O problems? No QB takes 100% of the blame, sure, but this guy is at around 80% IMO. So impressive that when he came to the line several times, the stat they posted was the hurries and pressures, not his completions.

EVERY team in the league we face has a one-sentence defensive scheme for their gameplan:

Line up and blitz Bledsoe.

The rule of thumb is to blitz until the O makes you pay. Well, with Drew, it doesn't matter. They'll still come after him because they will pressure him and sack him more often than not.

I ask anyone who says Bledsoe can't help it when they blitz because the line sucks, to watch any other team with a decent QB. When that person gets blitzed, tell me what they do. They move. Sideways, scramble, step-up, whatever. They move. Bledsoe does not. He's about as mobile as Broadway Joe was at the end of his career.

Bledsoe stands and then turns around to face the endzone like new meat in the prison shower and waits for the sack.

And whether it's Moulds or Drew misreading routes, what QB/WR tandem this far along in their pro relationship has so many miscues? Drew turning and firing out only to have it blocked? That's a Flutie move. Brady is real good at that move. Doesn't anyone think that the Pat's D may have practiced against that?

Bledsoe is the QB and needs to drive the team. Last game he can't even run a bootleg inside the 5. He hands off to Henry who gets stuffed up the middle. I thought Drew calls the plays on the field?

This is getting old. Drew, RJ, Flutie, whatever. Blame everything but the QB if that's what you want.