PDA

View Full Version : 10 points per game

HenryRules
10-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Yep ... our offense sucked because of Gilbride.

Maybe our offense is bad because of personnel and Gilbride/Clements were/are doing their best to make up for it.

finsrclowns
10-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Yep ... our offense sucked because of Gilbride.

Maybe our offense is bad because of personnel and Gilbride/Clements were/are doing their best to make up for it.

Our offense did suck because of Gilbride. It was a pass first offense with a weak offensive line which won't work. The Bills have matched up against three very good defenses the first three weeks and you've got a rookie HC and rookie OC. We're trying to play a ball control offense which is not designed to get into shootouts. Add and extra TD or so, which is doable and we'll have what we were all clamering for last year.

The Bills absolutely should have won the first game. The last 2 we got slightly outplayed but penalties/breaks could have easily reversed both outcomes.

HenryRules
10-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Our offense did suck because of Gilbride. It was a pass first offense with a weak offensive line which won't work. The Bills have matched up against three very good defenses the first three weeks and you've got a rookie HC and rookie OC. We're trying to play a ball control offense which is not designed to get into shootouts. Add and extra TD or so, which is doable and we'll have what we were all clamering for last year.

The Bills absolutely should have won the first game. The last 2 we got slightly outplayed but penalties/breaks could have easily reversed both outcomes.

We've scored 10 points per game and adding 7 more is doable? Expecting a 70% improvement is pretty optimistic, don't you think?

finsrclowns
10-03-2004, 04:35 PM
We've scored 10 points per game and adding 7 more is doable? Expecting a 70% improvement is pretty optimistic, don't you think?

Not really. After all, Henry DID in fact score a TD last week, even the NFL admits it. That's one TD. And Moulds fumble on the 10 and Lindell's easy miss is at least 6 points in week 1.

HenryRules
10-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Not really. After all, Henry DID in fact score a TD last week, even the NFL admits it. That's one TD. And Moulds fumble on the 10 and Lindell's easy miss is at least 6 points in week 1.

Mistakes are mistakes ... they always seem to happen with this team and I don't expect that to change.

BAM
10-03-2004, 04:37 PM
I agree. Why do we always bend over and stick it in our own asses? :cynic:

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 04:41 PM
You can't change history. History says this team will find a way to beat itself. We do it all the time. :(

Unless MM makes drastic changes, we will be the Cincinnati Bungels of years past.

bobbyc39
10-03-2004, 04:43 PM
I still can't believe how people are complaining about Drew. He played a good game today and should shoulder very little of the blame for this loss. Penalties and the usual b.s. patriots luck (the 2nd dillon fumble, the roughing the pass against fletcher) lost this game for us. Drew's only mistake was a miscommunication with moulds. The O-line played great until the 4th quarter... all the Pats had to do was blitz, Mike Williams is a bust, he allowed Bruschi to come in untouched and cause a fumble. I don't know how Drew can be blamed for that either.. try turning around on a play action and getting popped like that. The defense gave up a couple big plays.. no excuse for that Patten touchdown.. he was WIIIIDE open. I know Bledsoe backers are few and far between these days but this was a good game on Bledsoe's behalf. Let's not forget they kept it interesting all game against a team that's won now 18 games in a row. Who knows... I doubt it but they could still come around and make a run for the playoffs. As a former patriots fan, I can see a little bit of Pete Carrol in Mularkey. He needs to be tougher with his players and beat on them a little bit in practice if he wants to avoid the penalties. Ok, I've vented. --P.S. this game would have been much different if Milloy was healthy!

HenryRules
10-03-2004, 04:45 PM
I still can't believe how people are complaining about Drew. He played a good game today and should shoulder very little of the blame for this loss. Penalties and the usual b.s. patriots luck (the 2nd dillon fumble, the roughing the pass against fletcher) lost this game for us. Drew's only mistake was a miscommunication with moulds. The O-line played great until the 4th quarter... all the Pats had to do was blitz, Mike Williams is a bust, he allowed Bruschi to come in untouched and cause a fumble. I don't know how Drew can be blamed for that either.. try turning around on a play action and getting popped like that. The defense gave up a couple big plays.. no excuse for that Patten touchdown.. he was WIIIIDE open. I know Bledsoe backers are few and far between these days but this was a good game on Bledsoe's behalf. Let's not forget they kept it interesting all game against a team that's won now 18 games in a row. Who knows... I doubt it but they could still come around and make a run for the playoffs. As a former patriots fan, I can see a little bit of Pete Carrol in Mularkey. He needs to be tougher with his players and beat on them a little bit in practice if he wants to avoid the penalties. Ok, I've vented. --P.S. this game would have been much different if Milloy was healthy!

Who said anything about Bledsoe in this thread?

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 04:47 PM
As a former patriots fan, I can see a little bit of Pete Carrol in Mularkey.

That's encouraging!! Maybe we can make a run for the BCS!! :crazy:

bobbyc39
10-03-2004, 04:47 PM
hahah HenryRulez... sorry.. I just joined. Didn't know the best place. I'll copy and paste it into a relevent forum.

Dantheman1280
10-03-2004, 05:15 PM

UR NUTS BLEDSOE PLAYED LIKE ****!!!!

Jeff1220
10-03-2004, 05:17 PM
That's encouraging!! Maybe we can make a run for the BCS!! :crazy:
:roflmao: :doh: (mixed emotions)

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Scoring 10 pts is pathetic. Period.