PDA

View Full Version : Evans era has begun

finsrclowns
10-03-2004, 04:52 PM
I've been reading excuses for over a year now about Josh Reed. The Bills might well have won the first two games if Evans had been the starter from the get go. I assume the only reason he wasn't was that he wasn't solid enough on knowing the offense yet. Because Evans looked good out there today. The long pass on the first series was great and he looks like he's getting open a lot. 4 catches for 93 yards is solid.

The Bills finally threw one to Reed and he drops it to kill a drive. Zero catches as the third receiver today and on the season 4 catches and three drops, all of which ended drives. Pathetic. It's time to put Reed on the bench where he belongs and see what Aiken has to offer. I'd even rather see Shaw out there. Reed can't get open consistently and he drops way too many. If one more person tells me about his college stats I'm going to puke. If college stats were always predictors of NFL success Penn State would produce good NFL running backs.

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Gotta agree. Play Shaw or Aikens in the slot.

Jeff1220
10-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Reed is another one that I am quickly becoming convinced is a :loser:
TD's draft record is quickly going down the tubes in my eyes.

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Reed is another one that I am quickly becoming convinced is a :loser:
TD's draft record is quickly going down the tubes in my eyes.

I like TD, but you can't argue that his draft picks leave a little to be desired so far. Almost all have BUST written on them in huge letters. :(

finsrclowns
10-03-2004, 06:32 PM
The bad news is Reed sucks. The good news is that Evans could be a better version of Peerless Price.

When Reed was dropping all those balls for the first four or five games last year I thought "he's just pressing. he'll be fine." Then he started to play better and I saw some hope, even though he didn't make any big plays. But now we're back to the drops again. If you're not capable of getting open consistently, even against the opponent's nickel back, and you're not fast enough to make a big play EVER, is it too much to ask that when you finally do get open and the ball is thrown your way you at least catch it? I wonder if Josh Reed's name came up at all with BB and NE in preparation for this game.