X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Is this the offense that you expected?

I'm not talking production-wise, I'm talking style-wise.

A few comments that I'm pretty sure I heard this offseason (quotes are not 100% correct, but the points are):

"We have plans to use McGahee and Henry - they're both talented backs and we'll get each of them involved."

"Campbell is a very talented TE who I think can be a big part of this offense"

"We're going to play smashmouth football and beat teams with the running game"

Right now, McGahee is getting about 4 carries per game, Campbell has 3 receptions, and we seem to pass on a lot of running downs.

I don't think we had the personnel to run what Clements said we were going to, but I'd like to know why he made those commitments.
  • socalfan
    Old Fogey from Cali
    • Feb 2003

YES. It is exactly what was advertised by Mularkey and Clements. There are no surprises here.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

It started to look like it today. We finally opened up the deep ball, and Drew showed that that's his strength.

Until the final-drive meltdown, Drew got rid of the ball more often than not on blitzes.

One big piece still missing: McGahee. MM/TC have got to remember that we have TWO good RBs. I don't think Henry's earned the right this season to monopolize the running game. Our line is not good enough to pound it off-tackle all the time. If WM gets it for a series or two to spell TH, who knows, TH might have been a little sharper and not tripped on third-and-short with a good hole in front of him.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
      X