PDA

View Full Version : Penalties not Drew cost us the game

northernbillfan
10-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Thanks to the offside on the field goal, and the stupid penalties early in the game, and it would have been different headlines right now.

And we would have been rejoicing and not bemoaning.

BAM
10-03-2004, 05:48 PM
:movie:

HenryRules
10-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks to the offside on the field goal, and the stupid penalties early in the game, and it would have been different headlines right now.

And we would have been rejoicing and not bemoaning.

If Drew makes a good pass at the end of the first drive and doesn't misread the coverage on that INT, we might win.

In general, if our offense outscores NE's defense by a bit more than 3 points, we might win.

If Wire can cover anyone, we might win.

The penalties played a part, but there were opportunities for everyone to step up and help us win the game. Aside from McGee, I don't think anyone did.

northernbillfan
10-03-2004, 05:58 PM
A thread a few days ago asked who needs to step up and Wire was mentioned, apparently he forgot to check with the Zone before today's game.

Marvelous
10-03-2004, 06:08 PM
I agree this loss was not Drews fault. He released the ball faster. And threw it to Moulds often & frequently.
I'm happy for Moulds 10 catches, 127 yards and a TD :)
I'm feeling more comfy going into the Jet game then i was yesterday.

northernbillfan
10-04-2004, 02:09 PM
I agree this loss was not Drews fault. He released the ball faster. And threw it to Moulds often & frequently.
He did look better in this game, although he still looked uncomfortable when being blitzed. Hence the cough up that nailed it for NE.

Mr. Cynical
10-04-2004, 02:14 PM
:tired:

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 02:16 PM
He did look better in this game, although he still looked uncomfortable when being blitzed. Hence the cough up that nailed it for NE.
Standing behind that swiss cheese at the end of the game and looking at 6 or 7 Pats coming at you?? Most QBs would have been in trouble.

Hemlepp53
10-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Standing behind that swiss cheese at the end of the game and looking at 6 or 7 Pats coming at you?? Most QBs would have been in trouble.

Agreed... Drew was in a situation we can not allow him to be placed in...

Hemlepp53
10-04-2004, 03:23 PM

I am honestly happy with what I saw yesterday. I think it was a major improvement from the Pre BYE week games. We looked good.. The Pentilies killed us. Moral wise we suffered from them. The injuries killed us Moral wise... Think all we delt with and still gave them a hell of a run for their money.. I'm looking forward to the next game to see how MM and crew fix the Pentilies Problem. Oh and I will admit I was wanting Fletcher or Spikes remove the head of Brady.. I didnt care if it was a late hit or whatever the case.. Take his damned head off.... Anyhow... Good Game.. What happened after halftime is a mystery to me... the first half was kick ass... had we only kept it up...

illusionone
10-04-2004, 04:38 PM
I am honestly happy with what I saw yesterday. I think it was a major improvement from the Pre BYE week games. We looked good.. The Pentilies killed us. Moral wise we suffered from them. The injuries killed us Moral wise... Think all we delt with and still gave them a hell of a run for their money.. I'm looking forward to the next game to see how MM and crew fix the Pentilies Problem. Oh and I will admit I was wanting Fletcher or Spikes remove the head of Brady.. I didnt care if it was a late hit or whatever the case.. Take his damned head off.... Anyhow... Good Game.. What happened after halftime is a mystery to me... the first half was kick ass... had we only kept it up...

I agree, where was Lee Evans and Mcghee.....

Bledsoe would not have fumbled if the o-lineman didn't miss his assignment

bobbyc39
10-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Drew's INT didn't mean anything since Dillon fumbled. Oops.. let me clear that up... since Dillon fumbled THE FIRST TIME. Again we get boned by crappy refs. He came back firing and showed that he's still got it. I feel bad that such a great qb in in this situation. A new coach and a new hotshot qb waiting for his opportunity. I don't see how anyone can blame the fumble on him...Elway would've spilled that one if he was playing! He didn't even have time to turn around after the play action!