PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realize McGahee was still hurt

The Natrix
10-03-2004, 07:14 PM
I could have sworn he played in the preseason and the first couple regular season games, and played well. I must have been hallucinating or something.

imbondz
10-03-2004, 07:15 PM
you should stop taking LSD

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 07:16 PM
I could have sworn he played in the preseason and the first couple regular season games, and played well. I must have been hallucinating or something.

:sad:

BAM
10-03-2004, 07:17 PM
If my shoulder didn't hurt so bad, I'd punch something. :D

The Natrix
10-03-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm serious. Is he hurt? I didn't even see him once. Not even on the sideline.

Cntrygal
10-03-2004, 07:19 PM

Don't worry, I already did.

FTG
10-03-2004, 07:20 PM
This is the biggest mystery so far this season. I don't understand why he never sees the field. How are we ever going to know what we have.

Philagape
10-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Just what has Henry done this year to earn ALL of the carries?

Yay, he broke the 4-yard PC barrier today!! Wooo hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 07:24 PM
All I can figure is that we are trying to not show Henry's weaknesses by putting McGahee in there. We must be looking at trading him for a first rounder next year. :idunno:

BAM
I saw him in there on one play at least... In which he missed a block and almost got Bledsoe killed. Other than that play, I really don't remember seeing him... :idunno:

The Natrix
I though he has looked good when given the chance. He has moves and Speed that Henry doesn't. I like Henry a lot. He runs as hard as anyone and has really improved on securing the ball, but come on. Switching up RBs would have been a good plan against a team like the Pats who adjust so well to what their opponent is doing. )In this case doing nothing but running Travis henry up the middle. At least put the better receiver and blocker (Willis) in on passing plays for crying out loud.

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 07:26 PM
I wonder if our O coordinator ever heard of screen plays? McGahee is perfect for those kind of plays. He would bring back memories of Thurman!!

The Natrix
10-03-2004, 07:35 PM
All I can figure is that we are trying to not show Henry's weaknesses by putting McGahee in there. We must be looking at trading him for a first rounder next year. :idunno:

I hope that's not the plan. That philosophy is the same crap as the losers who came on here and said Buffalo should blow the game against the Panthers so Peppers could be drafted.

The_Philster
10-03-2004, 08:39 PM
I hope that's not the plan. That philosophy is the same crap as the losers who came on here and said Buffalo should blow the game against the Panthers so Peppers could be drafted.
we were discussing that kind of stuff after the game...that we were leaving McGahee out just to ensure Henry gets all the carries he can handle. I'd fire Mularkey and Clements tonight if that were the case..you play to win games now...not to ensure a draft pick or something.

LtBillsFan66
10-03-2004, 08:41 PM
TD is an a-hole

BidsJr
10-03-2004, 08:44 PM
The play that McGahee appeared to miss the block to the outside, he picked up the blitz from the inside and sent the player sommersaulting into the backfield. McGahee is an outstanding blocker dating from his college days.

hwc
10-03-2004, 08:47 PM
I wonder if our O coordinator ever heard of screen plays? !

That was a screen pass that Bledsoe threw on a rope to LB Mike Vrabel.

Bledsoe has never been worth a darn throwing the screen pass. He doesn't "sell" it well and doesn't throw it well.

HAMMER
10-03-2004, 08:53 PM

My knuckles really hurt.

HAMMER
10-03-2004, 08:56 PM
I'm freakin hammered, and disappointed.

The Natrix
10-03-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm freakin hammered, and disappointed.

I'm so glad I changed my days off to Sunday and Monday. It gives me a day to unwind after a Bills loss (which seems like every Sunday).

madness
10-03-2004, 09:01 PM
The play that McGahee appeared to miss the block to the outside, he picked up the blitz from the inside and sent the player sommersaulting into the backfield. McGahee is an outstanding blocker dating from his college days.

... and let the guy on Bledsoe's blindside come in to make the play. That block was worthless.

ArcticWildMan
10-03-2004, 09:22 PM
... and let the guy on Bledsoe's blindside come in to make the play. That block was worthless.

Considering he's played in maybe 30 plays for his entire NFL career, you have to expect that. You can't expect the guy to learn anything if he's on the sidelines. He's gotta make mistakes in order to learn. Keeping him the sidelines for 95% of our plays serves no purpose.

Tatonka
10-03-2004, 10:20 PM
what is the point of playing him?

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2004, 10:29 PM
what is the point of playing him?Interesting point. Possible reasons:

:check: He still is not 100%, so why risk it when our season is done.

:check:They intend to trade Henry so they want him to get enough yards to raise trade value.

:check:If they play WM and he does well, they have to pay him more money. Why do that if your season is lost.

All good reasons we haven't seen more of WM.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 05:05 AM
On your first and third points...season is not over or lost. There's still 13 games to go.
On the second point, fire Mularkey now if that's the case. You don't play for draft picks or to increase a player's trade value. You play to win.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 07:06 AM
what is the point of playing him?

Maybe he can pick up a 3rd and one, maybe he won't run the wrong way on the most important play of the game, maybe he can punch it in the end zone when the Bills need 1 yard. Do you need anymore?

Tatonka
10-04-2004, 08:46 AM
On your first and third points...season is not over or lost. There's still 13 games to go.

apparently, you missed the first three games..

the season is over...

at this point.. we are playing just to spite the cowboys.. but we are not finishing better than the 6-10 record of last year.

unless a miracle happens with the oline (actually not that big a miracle, because they were not the reason we lost yesterday, and actually played good almost the whole game).. and drew gets hurt just in time for losman to come in and pull a tom brady... i just cant see any possible way.

and before any of you go freaking out.. i am not saying i want drew hurt..

i do want him the **** out of buffalo though.. i will cheer the day he is sent packing.. we have paid him for about 6 good games.. and dozens of just ****ing aweful ones.

almost 10 years of absolute and total dog **** at qb is so unexcusable.. it is a total embarrasment.. todd collins, alex van pelt, rob johnson, doug flutie, and blew dredsoe.. just a total waste of a decade and tons of defensive talent that is good enough to win superbowls with.. eric moulds entire career in buffalo will be a waste, because he will be gone by the time we are in position to be playoff caliber.

the bills are fast becoming the laughing stock of the league.. while teams like arizona and the bengals are looking good..

it is horrible to be a bills fan right now. people are going to start wearing bags on their heads to games soon.. hell.. i might start wearing one in my den.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 08:49 AM
apparently, you missed the first three games..

the season is over....:mad: Who's the :curse: liar who told me that there were 16 games in a season?

Tatonka
10-04-2004, 09:00 AM
your right.. they have 13 more games to embarrass this once proud franchise.. 13 more games for the coaches to make calls like a QB bootleg on 4th and 2 with the game on the line.. 13 more games for our safeties to get torched.. 13 more games to watch bledsoe struggle to have more tds than turnovers.

cant wait!

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Yeah...no team has ever lost their first 3 games and turned it around to make the playoffs, have they?

:huh: But what was 98 all about?

Tatonka
10-04-2004, 09:17 AM
i wish that it was possible.. but this team is too poorly coached.. and lacks talent at the most key positions on the team.. oline and qb.

we will never make the playoffs with a qb that can not win big games.. period.

you can hold out hope if you want.. but all the bledsoe critics have been saying the same thing since midway through 2002.. and bledsoe has done nothing but prove us right again and again.. and again.. and again..

he will have more turnovers than tds.. makes it tough to make the playoffs and recover from a 0-3 record, when your qb is so unreliable.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 09:19 AM
I don't think it's likely, but in this day and age in the NFL, just about anything is possible. One thing I've learned in my years as a Bills fan is resilience. :up:

Tatonka
10-04-2004, 09:22 AM
these bills have shown no resilience over the entire TD tenure..

these are not the superbowl bills.. resilience is a thing fo the past.. like good qb play.

TigerJ
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
The relative invisibility of McGahee is one of the mysteries of the young season for me. I think he needs to be in the game. But then if I knew what Mike Mularkey knows I suppose I might think differently . . . (pause). . . umm, no I wouldn't. I'd still think he needs to be in the game more. :fury:

Michael82
10-04-2004, 12:36 PM
I agree with this point and it makes me :ill:

They intend to trade Henry so they want him to get enough yards to raise trade value.