X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Hate to say it

But I have to give a lot of props to Brady. Very calm in the pocket (not that we got a whole lot of pressure on him) took several hits (London had to have hit him at least a half dozen times himself) and never flinched. He will be sore tomorrow.

And as much as I would have rather torn my own tongue out for saying it even last year, I would rather have Brady as QB. There I said it.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I've said for the last few years that Brady is very good. Some people refuse to admit it.

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

He is very underrated but a very solid QB. Gets it done and always seems to make good decisions, whether under pressure or not. I would take him in a heartbeat.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• honey
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
        I've said for the last few years that Brady is very good. Some people refuse to admit it.
        I admitted it in the Bills/Pats thread today. Much as I hated to, but he is a very good QB.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

He is top QB, no doubt.

Byrd.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix
            He is top QB, no doubt.
            I wouldn't go that far, but he is efficient in that offensive scheme, accuracy and decision making are his stronge points.. But I would question his ability to go deep.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Natrix
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
              accuracy and decision making are his stronge points
              ...and those are the two most important attributes for a QB, along with being clutch, which he is.

By "a top QB" I don't mean THE best. Top 5 though, easily.

Byrd.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The Natrix
                He is top QB, no doubt.
                Agreed he is a TOP QB.. He has earned his spot in the TOP 10. He's In The List With Manning, Farve, McNab.... So On...
                @Hemlepp53

Comment

• hwc
                  • Aug 2003

But I would question his ability to go deep.
                  Brady connected on deep balls of 44, 43, 30, and 33 yards today. If that's not "going deep" I don't know what is, other than a hail mary! Plus, Brady hit a ton of downfield balls in the 15 - 20 yard range.

The Pats haven't run a short dink 'n dunk passing game plan at all so far this year. They've been running Dillon and throwing downfield for the most part.

The notion that Brady can't throw the long ball is three years out of date. Charlie Weis loves to go downfield and Brady has been working hard on that part of his game for the last two seasons. He hit a lot of downfield passes last year, but it's been easy to see even more plays called downfield this season.

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by hwc
                    Brady connected on deep balls of 44, 43, 30, and 33 yards today. If that's not "going deep" I don't know what is, other than a hail mary! Plus, Brady hit a ton of downfield balls in the 15 - 20 yard range.
                    YAC have to be factored in.. Drew had some nice deep balls like the one where he hit Evans in stride on the first posession.. Brady's recievers account for alot of the pass yardage with their abilities after the catch.

Most of his longer completions are 15-20 yds, then the reciver busts it for big yards.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• blitzkrieg
                      • Aug 2004

Brady is still an underrated QB even if has already two SB rings. But I like this guy since he does not shout how great he has developed but he definitely shows it every gameday.
                      Group Name: Bills Backers
                      Password: bufffans

Comment

• hwc
                        • Aug 2003

YAC have to be factored in..
                        OK.

The 44 yard reception had 3 YAC.

The 43 yard reception had 6 YAC.

The 30 yard TD reception was caught at the 10 yard line.

The 33 yard reception had 7 YAC.

Maybe we have different definitions, but those balls all looked like deep downfield throws to me. These weren't screen passes that broke for big yardage. They were balls that were being thrown 30 to 45 yards in the air downfield.

Mularkey commented on Brady in his post-game press conferences, basically saying that defending some of those throws is almost impossible because they are timing routes and Brady is throwing the ball long before the receiver even makes his cut. The receiver comes out of his move and the ball is already on the way down. Unlike some QBs who have started for the Pats, Brady and his receivers spend months and months in the off-season working together on their timing -- something that Bill Walsh once recommended for a previous Pats QB who wasn't very effective at timing routes.

Comment

• FlyingElvis
                          • Aug 2004

YAC have to be factored in..
                          Most often YAC is due to the QB. Brady hits guys in stride. You don't see guys reaching for the ball. I'm not sure why it took some of you guys 3 years to understand what makes Brady great. Didn't you guys watch Kelly? Or are you too young?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Brady is a very good QB without a doubt. After watching him more closely this year I have alot of respect for him now. However.....in the same class as Favre, Marino or Elway? No and nothing anyone can say at this point is going to convince me otherwise.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                              He is very underrated but a very solid QB.
                              UNDERrated? What are you smoking? The way the media falls all over themselves sucking up and praising Brady, if he was rated any higher we would all have to celebrate St.Brady Day. Twice a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X