PDA

View Full Version : Remember 2001

Mr. Miyagi
10-04-2004, 05:58 AM
Remember just 3 years ago, the 3-13 year. TD and GW's first year. With Rob Johnson being the undisputed QB. Our O was supposed to be dynamic, with Henry, Moulds, Price, and Riemersma. Although we just came off a disappointing 8-8 season, we knew we'd be better with the regime change. We knew our D was good having ranked Top 5 the year before, especially with the defense just boosted adding a top corner in Nate Clements and a defensive minded head coach.

Then it happened. We kept losing games. Lost the home opener to the crappy Saints. Got our butts wiped on the road by the Colts. Came home to lose again to the Steelers. Swept by Drew and the Patriots and the Dolphins. There were no good memories and went downhill from there.

Much more of that I can't remember. But all I know is that we have lived through worse times. And within a year we got our hopes back up with the aquisition of Drew. Everyone was excited about the following year. We as Bills fans had a reason to hope again.

My point is, that's what being a Bills fan is all about. No matter how bad the team is, there's still reason to believe that we'll be better in the future. Those who denounced the team have jump back on the bandwagon. All is hopeful that we'll one day reach the promised land. Let's be true fans and keep the faith. There will be a light at the end of the day. No matter how bad it is now, we will still believe it will be better. Someday.

I for one am not about to jump off the bandwagon as a Bills fan, because I want to be on it and can say that I've been there all along when we witness our team hoist up the Lambardi trophy.

:miyagi:

SStudawgg
10-04-2004, 06:10 AM
Your right

Definition of fan

1. [n] a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause); "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill
2. [adj] marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea; "rabid isolationist"

They have after all been competitive in all 3 Games.
Alot better than some the Bills games Ive seen over the years.

13 - 3 here we come

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2004, 06:14 AM
I for one am not about to jump off the bandwagon as a Bills fan, because I want to be on it and can say that I've been there all along when we witness our team hoist up the Lambardi trophy.

:miyagi:

I jumped on a couple people yesterday for their perceived lack of support. I believe I was wrong. We're all Buffalo fans, even Mr Cynical, FTG, LOG, Juice, Tatonka and anyone else who believes our QB sucks and wants a change of GM. We are ALL frustrated with losing and some of use don't see ANY progress in this team from the last year and a half.

As hard as it is to be, I am STILL a silver lining type of guy. I will admit that Bledsoe might not be able to win here for whatever reason. I don't see all the problems as his fault, but the continuous bad things happening have to stop. If it means replacing the QB to help, then I'm for it, but ONLY after Losman is healthy. Matthews is NOT the answer and I DO think it would do more harm than good. BUT, I have seen SOME good things this season. We have been in every game this year. The defense has forced some turnovers (even if the refs keep giving them back with the "down by contact" rule). The offense, though not scoring, is moving the ball well (until a stupid penalty stalls a drive, or a poor choice of play puts them in 3rd and long).

Here is MY list of what needs to be done more:
1. Lee Evans looked VERY good yesterday and then disappeared. I don't know if it was the defense or what but we need to keep giving this kid the ball.
2. McGahee didn't touch the ball ONCE yesterday, WTF is that all about? We NEED to see what he can do, and not at blocking.
3. We need Milloy back desperately. Put the damned arm in a cast. A one armed Milloy has GOT to be a better coverman than Wire.
4. Lastly, I would like to keep running the damned ball. At times we showed that we could move the ball on the ground yesterday, only to see us throw it incomplete and put us in 3rd and long.
5. Oh, a second lastly, let McGahee run a few short yardage plays and see what he can do for goodness sake.

SStudawgg
10-04-2004, 06:23 AM
Here is MY list of what needs to be done more:
1. Lee Evans looked VERY good yesterday and then disappeared. I don't know if it was the defense or what but we need to keep giving this kid the ball.
2. McGahee didn't touch the ball ONCE yesterday, WTF is that all about? We NEED to see what he can do, and not at blocking.
3. We need Milloy back desperately. Put the damned arm in a cast. A one armed Milloy has GOT to be a better coverman than Wire.
4. Lastly, I would like to keep running the damned ball. At times we showed that we could move the ball on the ground yesterday, only to see us throw it incomplete and put us in 3rd and long.
5. Oh, a second lastly, let McGahee run a few short yardage plays and see what he can do for goodness sake.

Dont forget about how well the corners played after vincent went down
I kinda thought they may have gotten absolutely raped, but they didn't play to bad at all ...

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2004, 06:28 AM
Dont forget about how well the corners played after vincent went down
I kinda thought they may have gotten absolutely raped, but they didn't play to bad at all ...

No, they didn't play too bad. Mcgee played OK. Did anyone else see the pushoff by the receiver in the endzone just before the field goal? I REALLY would like to see a side view of the offsides on the field goal that really turned the game around. THAT play right there was the biggest play of the game IMO. Even on Sports Extra last night, they only showed the view from the endzone, I never saw a side view of it. If Baker WAS offsides on the play, he should be cut.

SStudawgg
10-04-2004, 06:37 AM
The other thing I really liked was how they passed more on 1st downs when
defences expect running plays. Except f/ the last couple af minutes the offence
wasn't nearly as predictable. I believe the one long pass to evans was a 1st
Down play.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 06:53 AM
My nomination as worst post of the year.

Mr. Miyagi
10-04-2004, 07:49 AM
No way we pass on first downs. EVER. The way to beat the Pats is to run to ball. We had plenty of success with it then the clock was winding down and we flustered and went back to Gilbride's pass happy offense. Every down the Pats defense was showing blitz and Drew still stepped back to pass. Manning would've changed the play at the line and gone with a run.

SStudawgg
10-04-2004, 08:24 AM
No way we pass on first downs. EVER. The way to beat the Pats is to run to ball. We had plenty of success with it then the clock was winding down and we flustered and went back to Gilbride's pass happy offense. Every down the Pats defense was showing blitz and Drew still stepped back to pass. Manning would've changed the play at the line and gone with a run.

Check stats f/ yourself

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20041003_NE@BUF

7 passes on 1st downs f/ 110 yrds almost a 16 yd average

It was working until we fell behind and they pinned their ears back and just blitzed. Its simple football ... pass when their in run defence run when their in pass defence

SStudawgg
10-04-2004, 08:31 AM
When your OLine struggles the way to win is to not be predictable, make the defence guess what is your doing