PDA

View Full Version : Have Bills fans become Jet fans

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 07:28 AM
I hope this was done by a New England fan so I feel better, but this is a new low for Bills fans. This was posted in BB.com:

I'm a new poster to this board, but my mom wanted me to try to get this out to as many people as possible. If anyone can help, please let me know.

I realize the game is very fresh in everyone's brain and that's what we're talking about, but i really need everyone's help on this. I know this might not be the best place to post this kind of stuff,but it's the most visited board, so i hope it's ok.

My parents are season ticket holders since '85 and have taken my little brother to the games for at least 6 or 7 years. He's 13 now and we all went to the game today. My brother was born with Spina Bifida, a defect leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. He cannot get around or do much of anything wihtout his wheelchair. He needs it to go to school, to get into and out of bed, etc. Just to live and move arond, he NEEDS his chair. It is made to his size specifications and it is a necessary part of his life. At today's game, we parked it where we always do, next to the one red booth in the corner against the wall by the entrance to sections 333-334. At halftime, we checked and it was still there. After the game was over, we lugged him down the stairs on my mom's back, and his chair was GONE. It was not moved by anyone that works there, as has happened 2-3 times before. No, they checked everywhere for us an hour+ after the game. They took us to our van and kept looking. THey came back and said we were going to have to call the OP Police because they could not find it. We spent another hour searching the parking lots to no avail.

If indeed a fan stole my brother's wheelchair, his only way of getting around, it is a sick move by whoever pulled this stunt. Im sorry, but to take someone's wheelchair is just a horrible thing to do. It is a child's wheelchair, maroon in color, it's metal and it has a black padded seat with a black back also. IF ANYONE SAW ANYTHING OR ANYONE THAT CAN HELP IN FINDING THIS CHAIR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. My mom doesn't know what to do. She can't even send him to school tomorrow or until she finds that chair. There is one being made to new specifications, but it wont be ready for months and months. We NEED THIS CHAIR! Please, Bills fans, if any of you saw anything, please let me know. Once again, right outside the tunnel entrance to section 333-334. Thanks!

This is one sick individual. I hope you go to jail for this you bastard.

mybills
10-04-2004, 08:00 AM
That's friggin' horrible! :down: :mad:

Gunzlingr
10-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Damn Patriots fans :mad:

mush69
10-04-2004, 08:12 AM
I really hope that they find this chair. My bet is someone got very drunk and his pals decided to wheel him out to the car. Probably sitting in the parking lot somewhere! Some people just don't think about others and have no purpose in life!

:sadwalk:

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 08:30 AM
My bet is someone got very drunk and his pals decided to wheel him out to the car.
Thurm!! return that chair!! :mad:

Where the :curse: do people get off taking things like that that don't belong to them?

mush69
10-04-2004, 08:32 AM
I bet the next time they lock up the chair! On the other hand they shouldn't have to though.

lordofgun
10-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Ralph probably thought it was his.

canadianfin_fan
10-04-2004, 10:38 AM
hope you get it back bud

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 11:28 AM
I hope this was done by a New England fan so I feel better, but this is a new low for Bills fans. This was posted in BB.com:

I'm a new poster to this board, but my mom wanted me to try to get this out to as many people as possible. If anyone can help, please let me know.

I realize the game is very fresh in everyone's brain and that's what we're talking about, but i really need everyone's help on this. I know this might not be the best place to post this kind of stuff,but it's the most visited board, so i hope it's ok.

My parents are season ticket holders since '85 and have taken my little brother to the games for at least 6 or 7 years. He's 13 now and we all went to the game today. My brother was born with Spina Bifida, a defect leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. He cannot get around or do much of anything wihtout his wheelchair. He needs it to go to school, to get into and out of bed, etc. Just to live and move arond, he NEEDS his chair. It is made to his size specifications and it is a necessary part of his life. At today's game, we parked it where we always do, next to the one red booth in the corner against the wall by the entrance to sections 333-334. At halftime, we checked and it was still there. After the game was over, we lugged him down the stairs on my mom's back, and his chair was GONE. It was not moved by anyone that works there, as has happened 2-3 times before. No, they checked everywhere for us an hour+ after the game. They took us to our van and kept looking. THey came back and said we were going to have to call the OP Police because they could not find it. We spent another hour searching the parking lots to no avail.

If indeed a fan stole my brother's wheelchair, his only way of getting around, it is a sick move by whoever pulled this stunt. Im sorry, but to take someone's wheelchair is just a horrible thing to do. It is a child's wheelchair, maroon in color, it's metal and it has a black padded seat with a black back also. IF ANYONE SAW ANYTHING OR ANYONE THAT CAN HELP IN FINDING THIS CHAIR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. My mom doesn't know what to do. She can't even send him to school tomorrow or until she finds that chair. There is one being made to new specifications, but it wont be ready for months and months. We NEED THIS CHAIR! Please, Bills fans, if any of you saw anything, please let me know. Once again, right outside the tunnel entrance to section 333-334. Thanks!

This is one sick individual. I hope you go to jail for this you bastard.
some people are just frikkin morons...

SABURZFAN
10-04-2004, 11:30 AM
that's F'd up. :mad:

lordofgun
10-04-2004, 11:31 AM
I bet thurm took it!

BuffaloRanger
10-04-2004, 11:46 AM
That chair should have been put in a secure area. The email says the mom checked on it at halftime. Sounds like she was worried it might be taken. If she thought it was possible, she should have protected it better. You'd think season ticket holders for 19 years would/could make an arrangement with the ushers. Store it in one of those food stands. A stupid drunk fan would probably think it was stadium property so if he took it, big deal.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 11:55 AM
That chair should have been put in a secure area. The email says the mom checked on it at halftime. Sounds like she was worried it might be taken. If she thought it was possible, she should have protected it better. You'd think season ticket holders for 19 years would/could make an arrangement with the ushers. Store it in one of those food stands. A stupid drunk fan would probably think it was stadium property so if he took it, big deal.

C'mon, there really aren't people like you out there are there, people that think this way? Jesus, you have to be kidding. You should have known better, too bad? I guess if there are people that would actually steal someones wheelchair, I guess so. People shouldn't have to worry about someone stealing their wheelchair! Maybe in some crack neighborhood or something but it is someone's wheelchair.

Bill Brasky
10-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Hopefully they get it back... If not maybe we should help the family out, like donate a few bucks so they can get a new one. That's really ****ty.

TigerJ
10-04-2004, 12:01 PM
There are a lot of decent people around, but there is enough pond scum around that stuff like this is bound to happen. I hope they get it back.

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
There are a lot of decent people around, but there is enough pond scum around that stuff like this is bound to happen. I hope they get it back.
and sadly, society is turning out more people like those depicted on Roseann than the Cosby Show...:shakeno:

Icer
10-04-2004, 07:16 PM
That's pretty messed up.

Dont appreciate the title of this thread though, that's for sure

FTG
10-04-2004, 07:29 PM
That's pretty messed up.

:rofl:

Seriously though, I agree with you. When you get 70,000 people there are going to be a-holes in the crowd no matter who they are fans of.

lordofgun
10-04-2004, 07:59 PM
That's pretty messed up.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 08:03 PM
That's pretty messed up.

:evil:

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Just saw on the news that they found the wheelchair. That's cool. Somebody around the stadium saw some teenagers pushing the wheelchair and left it in a park. At least he has his chair back.

Rude American
10-05-2004, 09:58 AM
How could this happen? Football fans don't get rowdy and drunk during game. It;s a highly civilized event.

I'll play devil's advocate.

Honestly, how long did they think they could get away with leaving a wheelchair unattended in a stadium full of drunken fools? And why take one that is specially made? Why not take a crappy spare? And why not get seats that are close to where they leave it? Why not just ask an usher to keep an eye on it?

I don't condone what happened - it sucks - but come on. Use some common sense.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-05-2004, 11:34 AM
I don't know, I have been that drunken fool many times in my life. I can honestly say I got into fights, I tried to hit on chicks, I did a bunch of things that were illegal, etc. I have never thought of stealing somone's wheelchair, shoot a blind man's dog, snag someones insulin, etc.

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 01:14 PM
How could this happen? Football fans don't get rowdy and drunk during game. It;s a highly civilized event.

I'll play devil's advocate.

Honestly, how long did they think they could get away with leaving a wheelchair unattended in a stadium full of drunken fools? And why take one that is specially made? Why not take a crappy spare? And why not get seats that are close to where they leave it? Why not just ask an usher to keep an eye on it?

I don't condone what happened - it sucks - but come on. Use some common sense.

Have to agree with you. Just common sense. Like someone seeing a hundred laying on the ground isn't going to snag it if they knew it came from an invalid? Can't put an old fashioned bike chain on it?

Ghost, it is probably a long time since you were a kid. Kids these days get into things far worse than we did earlier. I blame it all on crappy parenting.

Michael82
10-05-2004, 01:26 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=23397

A 13 year old Cattaraugus boy with Spina Bifida had his custom-made wheelchair stolen Sunday at the Buffalo Bills game. Monday it is found damaged, but Justin Eckhert is just happy to have it back.

Justin's parents have had season tickets in the upper deck on the 50-yard line for nearly 20 years. They've been taking Justin to the games ever since he was a toddler. He says it's one of the things he really enjoys in life.

The Eckherts usually park the custom-made wheelchair on the concourse, just before the ramp leading into their section. Then, they carry Justin up the stairs to their seat. On Sunday, they discovered the wheelchair was gone. They searched all over the stadium and nearby parking lots......

Monday night police received a call from the nearby gas station and Subway restaurant. Witnesses reported seeing three teenagers with the wheelchair on Sunday. Police recovered the chair. The Eckherts say it is damaged, but they are just happy to have it back. They are also grateful for all the offers of help that came in.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Ghost, it is probably a long time since you were a kid. Kids these days get into things far worse than we did earlier. I blame it all on crappy parenting.

Damn those whipper snappers!!!! I remember when it was fun to light a bag of crap on fire.

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Damn those whipper snappers!!!! I remember when it was fun to light a bag of crap on fire.

I bet your parents beat your ass if they found out about it too. And I bet you were scared of that happening.

Gunzlingr
10-05-2004, 02:06 PM
My money was on Creemore :sadwalk:

Michael82
10-05-2004, 02:35 PM
My money was on Creemore :sadwalk:

Hemlepp53
10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
That's pretty messed up.

:dance: :roflmao: :gobills: :jetsuck: :rofl:

BuffaloRanger
10-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Maybe the parents will be responsible now. The mother checked on it at halftime. So she thought there was a chance of it being stolen. She should have found a better way to secure it. Plain and simple.