X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

I'm still Waiting....

For that simplified Gilbride system that's suppose to make us better than what we had last year. So far it's the same crap. Don't even get me started w/ penalties.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Yeah! And we threw on 3rd and 2 again!

The running game was working.... why the hell do you THROW on 3rd and 2???

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride

If you are going to throw on 3 and 2 make sure drew throws it downfield or he'll overthrow his targets when throwing short. He almost got Neufeld (Euhus?) killed .
      sacrifice1

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

It was Neufeld
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I don't see a lot of similarities.

Gilbride was 3 and out most drives. We never ran on 3rd down and short.

This year we have found new ways to suck. Our drives are a lot longer, we just turn the ball over - or kill them with penalties.

We have run on third and short a lot this year- we just don't ge the yard, Henry falls on his face, or there is no push from the line.

I don't mind throwing on 3rd and short- even a bootleg on a short yardage stuation (maybe not on that particular play at that particular time) because it's showing variety. It's ballsy to throw a fake punt from your own 20 like we did in Oakland. No one hated that play. But when your center allows a guy to go in unmolested you will have problems.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
            It was Neufeld
            I'm pretty sure it was Drew who almost got Euhus killed
            sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I think we should blame Drew for the interest rate hike too.

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

There's nothing wrong with throwing on 3rd and 2...unless Bledsoe is your QB.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

At 6'4", even if Bledsoe locked his feet and timber-falls with his arms extended, he could've gotten 2 yards.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    I'm pretty sure it was Drew who almost got Euhus killed
                    I'm just saying I thought it was Neufeld that almost got killed
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Great thread justa.

We kept hearing how much simpler the O would be yet how many "miscommunications" keep happening? Drew and Moulds screwed up again yesterday.

And that pass on 3rd and 2.....just proves that Drew CANNOT THROW A F***ING TOUCH PASS.....EVER. DON'T TRY ANYMORE. Should have just run the ball with Shelton and/or WM in there with TH. So much for the smashmouth philosophy.

And running a bootleg on 4th and 2 with the most immobile QB on the planet is the dumbest idea ever. Period.

Say what you will about KG, but his offense produced 25 pts per game at this point in the season last year with the same starting lineup. And even by the end of the season he had us at 15 ppg, which is still 5 pts more than the current 10 ppg.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        I'm just saying I thought it was Neufeld that almost got killed
                        I was justakidding
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

Our problem on O is we are a sh1t running team, we have no running touchdowns (inspite of what 5 trips with goal to go?) and can't convert a third and short.

our pass protection sucks ass too, but we can go deep with the football, all we need is to be above bottom 10 in rushing and YPC, and the absolute last in rushing touchdowns.

As bad is our passing is, our running is much much worse.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Pride

Agreed Pride. I jumped out of my chair and began screaming when I saw the line up. My dog ran for cover and my wife was like WTF is your problem. I agree that the same crap playcalling is haunting us when it comes to 3 - short. We have a TOP BACK in Henry and a soon to be TOP Back in Willis. Why the hell would we Pass on that down with the current situation. It made no sense.... You give the ball to Travis and let him lower his head and drop a few on their asses. Or you keep the ball with DREW and have him take one for the TEAM... Run it smash mouth up the middle with a half ass leap for the 1st and we would of had it.... Desgusted in that crappy playcalling. MM needs to get slapped for that one...
                            @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by colin
                              Our problem on O is we are a sh1t running team, we have no running touchdowns (inspite of what 5 trips with goal to go?) and can't convert a third and short.

our pass protection sucks ass too, but we can go deep with the football, all we need is to be above bottom 10 in rushing and YPC, and the absolute last in rushing touchdowns.

As bad is our passing is, our running is much much worse.

WTF???
                              @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
                              X