PDA

View Full Version : London, HOLD ON TO THE BALL!

Patrick76777
10-04-2004, 09:52 AM
How does he fumble that thing? 1st and goal at the 2! What an *******.

Đ²
10-04-2004, 09:52 AM
The point is moot, it would have been called back anyway.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 09:53 AM
I heard on the radio that the Patriots were out of challenges too. I don't know what the rule is on if you win one you get an extra, but that is what they said on the radio.

Patrick76777
10-04-2004, 09:54 AM
The point is moot, it would have been called back anyway.

BB was out of challenges!

Patrick76777
10-04-2004, 09:55 AM
I heard on the radio that the Patriots were out of challenges too. I don't know what the rule is on if you win one you get an extra, but that is what they said on the radio.

I didn't think of it until last night but they were out! you get 2, if you get both right, you get a 3rd. The Pats were 1-1. They were out.

Pride
10-04-2004, 09:55 AM
It was a bad call by the refs. Rule is, if you THROW it out of the endzone it is a touchback. He didn't throw it, he fumbled it. The Refs thought he threw it, which actually makes little to no sense.

If the play had stood as a fumble, it would have been the biggest goof up by the refs of the day!

Pride
10-04-2004, 09:56 AM
I didn't think of it until last night but they were out! you get 2, if you get both right, you get a 3rd. The Pats were 1-1. They were out.
No, if you get 1 out of your first 2 right, you get a third. The only way you do NOT get a third is if you are 0-2

carybillsfan
10-04-2004, 09:59 AM
It was a bad call by the refs. Rule is, if you THROW it out of the endzone it is a touchback. He didn't throw it, he fumbled it. The Refs thought he threw it, which actually makes little to no sense.

If the play had stood as a fumble, it would have been the biggest goof up by the refs of the day!

That is entirely not the rule, think back to the bills vs cowboys superbowl with Leon Lett running in for a td and beebe knocking the ball out of his hands. The bills got the ball as a touchback. The rule clearly states that any fumble out of the opposing teams endzone is a touchback.

OpIv37
10-04-2004, 10:06 AM
It doesn't matter- Fletcher should have held on to the ball regardless of how the refs called it. Once he knew he was going to be hit, he should have just ran out of bounds.

Fletcher's a monster- he's all over the field making tackles. But he's got too much of a temper and needs to control himself better. The hit on Brady was a BS call, but the first personal foul on him was just a really stupid play. I love to see Patriots players being thrown across the field, but not at the cost of 15 yards.

Earthquake Enyart
10-04-2004, 10:08 AM
No, if you get 1 out of your first 2 right, you get a third. The only way you do NOT get a third is if you are 0-2
No, you have to get both right to get a third.

Patrick76777
10-04-2004, 10:10 AM

I think that's wrong!

Đ²
10-04-2004, 10:14 AM
I agree that the personal foul for the "headshot" on brady was BS.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Per the NFL rulebook:

3. A fumble that goes forward and out of bounds will return to the fumbling team at the spot of the fumble unless the ball goes out of bounds in the opponent’s end zone. In this case, it is a touchback.

Also:

You need to be successful on BOTH of the first two challenges to be awarded a third.

Pride
10-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Sorry, I was mistaken...

PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The NFL once again compromised on instant replay, deciding Tuesday to keep it for five more years rather than putting it in permanently.

The owners did add an extra coaches' challenge for teams who successfully used two challenges. Since replay was reinstituted in 1999, teams were limited to just two challenges, except for the last two minutes of each half, when a replay official could order a review.

Also, a federal appeals court in New York agreed to hear arguments to overturn the lower court ruling allowing Ohio State sophomore Maurice Clarett and other underclassman and high schoolers into the draft. NFL chief counsel Jeff Pash said if the court rules in the NFL's favor before the April 24-25 draft, Clarett, Southern California sophomore Mike Williams and seven others would not be included.

http://www.thebatt.com/news/2004/03/31/Sports/Nfl-Extends.Life.For.Instant.Replay-646010.shtml

Pride
10-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Per the NFL rulebook:

3. A fumble that goes forward and out of bounds will return to the fumbling team at the spot of the fumble unless the ball goes out of bounds in the opponent’s end zone. In this case, it is a touchback.

Also:

You need to be successful on BOTH of the first two challenges to be awarded a third.
ahh, you beat me to it... thanks

RedEyE
10-04-2004, 10:22 AM
First off, London Fletcher is hardly to blame for the outcome of that game. He played his heart out and did a hell of a job doing it. Brady was on his ass more often than not, and I expect that more defenses will be looking at our game tape for ways to get to Brady.

Second, London is a LB, which means his job is not to carry the ball. If you want to point the finger on turnovers, why not Drew? That ****er threw one obviously ******ed INT directly into the hands of a DB, AND Drew ended the game when he decided to drop the ball when switching it to his throwing hand.....on about an 8 yard drop back. He looked like a monkey ****ing a football, except the football wasn't having it.

Lastly, the so called "helmet to helmet" hit was bull**** and the league needs to reprimend someone for the over officiating nature of that game.

OpIv37
10-04-2004, 10:31 AM
First off, London Fletcher is hardly to blame for the outcome of that game. He played his heart out and did a hell of a job doing it. Brady was on his ass more often than not, and I expect that more defenses will be looking at our game tape for ways to get to Brady.

Second, London is a LB, which means his job is not to carry the ball. If you want to point the finger on turnovers, why not Drew? That ****er threw one obviously ******ed INT directly into the hands of a DB, AND Drew ended the game when he decided to drop the ball when switching it to his throwing hand.....on about an 8 yard drop back. He looked like a monkey ****ing a football, except the football wasn't having it.

Lastly, the so called "helmet to helmet" hit was bull**** and the league needs to reprimend someone for the over officiating nature of that game.

No one player is responsible for the outcome of the game. But tons of players made mistakes- Fletcher, Drew, even McGee (who probably had the best game of anyone on the field). You could say "Fletcher's fumble doesn't matter because of Drew's 2 turnovers" or you could say "the fact that Drew threw the INT doesn't matter because if Fletcher holds on to the ball we would have scored".

The point is a lot of players made a lot of mistakes- no one error ruined the Bills' chances, but everyone who f'ed up deserves to be criticized, Fletcher and Drew included.

RedEyE
10-04-2004, 10:39 AM
No one player is responsible for the outcome of the game. But tons of players made mistakes- Fletcher, Drew, even McGee (who probably had the best game of anyone on the field). You could say "Fletcher's fumble doesn't matter because of Drew's 2 turnovers" or you could say "the fact that Drew threw the INT doesn't matter because if Fletcher holds on to the ball we would have scored".

The point is a lot of players made a lot of mistakes- no one error ruined the Bills' chances, but everyone who f'ed up deserves to be criticized, Fletcher and Drew included.

Well with that logic, go ahead and throw McGee onto the better part of the list as well. He was burned twice, deep, one of them to Patten into the endzone.

SabreEleven
10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
The fumble by Fletcher was a tough one. The o-lineman from the Pats made a great hit on Fletcher with his helmet right on the ball. It would have been tough for ANYBODY to hold on to it, plus Fletcher didn't even see the guy coming.

BuffaloRanger
10-04-2004, 11:36 AM
I lost alot of respect for London after the game. My seats are in the tunnel section. As he's walking up the tunnel he's falling over laughing joking and talking to one of his buddies on the PATRIOTS! Like he was back on the block smoking the chronic and drinking gin and juice. He was laughing all the way up the tunnel. I screamed at him "London you just another game you stupid f***! Your team f***ing sucks. You got nothing to be happy about LOSER!"

If I had a beer I would have thrown it at him.

Dozerdog
10-04-2004, 11:39 AM
I lost alot of respect for London after the game. My seats are in the tunnel section. As he's walking up the tunnel he's falling over laughing joking and talking to one of his buddies on the PATRIOTS! Like he was back on the block smoking the chronic and drinking gin and juice. He was laughing all the way up the tunnel. I screamed at him "London you just another game you stupid f***! Your team f***ing sucks. You got nothing to be happy about LOSER!"

WOW.....

To some people, it's a job. I've joked with people after my shift was over.

To some people it's a game.

And with some others- it's life or death that provokes haterd and violent reactions.

mchurchfie
10-04-2004, 11:44 AM

That's the problem with this whole :curse:ing team...they don't care if they win or lose. They should have gotten Coughlin in here, I don't care how much of a ***** he can be with the players, someone needs to give these morons a wakeup call.:grind:

BAM
10-04-2004, 11:50 AM

that's absurd.

ryjam282
10-04-2004, 11:52 AM

You definitely need to get them both right to get the 3rd.

That is entirely not the rule, think back to the bills vs cowboys superbowl with Leon Lett running in for a td and beebe knocking the ball out of his hands. The bills got the ball as a touchback. The rule clearly states that any fumble out of the opposing teams endzone is a touchback.

When Beebe did it, the ball went out of the side of the endzone. I don't know if that makes any difference???

BAM
10-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Nope it doesn't matter.