PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I am getting old but I have become annoyed at things at the Ralph

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 11:00 AM
The things that annoy me:

1. Cheerleaders
2. That stupid bus race on the jumbotron.
3. People that actually root for a certain bus.
4. The shout song.
5. People that stand for long periods of time that sit in front of you and you can't see. It is worse when it is a woman (no offense gals).
6. People that try to tell me when to cheer.
7. $5.50 for a small beer.
8. People who try to bash opposing fans, can't they cheer for their team? (Especially when their team is good and yours isn't)
9. The blue coats being on the field with their stupid sign that the players run under.
10. Fans that wear a jersey of a team that isn't even playing here.

One thing that happened yesterday, two guys were trying to sell Jell-O shots out of a wagon yesterday. I tried to explain to them that what they were doing is a illegal, they didn't care.

Patrick76777
10-04-2004, 11:05 AM

1. Cheerleaders
4. The shout song.
5. People that stand for long periods of time that sit in front of you.
8. People who try to bash opposing fans, can't they cheer for their team? (Especially when their team is good and yours isn't)
9. The blue coats being on the field with their stupid sign that the players run under.

One thing that happened yesterday, two guys were trying to sell Jell-O shots out of a wagon yesterday. I tried to explain to them that what they were doing is a illegal, they didn't care.

1. Cheerleaders

-I hope I'm never that old! They're annoying but I do enjoy watching them.

-TERRIBLE! Gertler is the worst! "Power Slide into the lot" I want to kill him.

-My moron friend.

4. The shout song.

- Still like it.

5. People that stand for long periods of time that sit in front of you.

-I stand for nearly every important defensive play!

-I hate those people! Leave me alone

-Don't drink beer. $2.00 for a bottled water is fair.

-That's just part of the fun!

-Don't even pay attn.

-Morons! Some jackass had full out Steelers gear on! Pants, Shirt, Hat! TERRIBLE!

SabreEleven
10-04-2004, 11:05 AM
You are just getting old. Face it.

Earthquake Enyart
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
How the f can you be Irish, and not drink beer? :eek:

lordofgun
10-04-2004, 11:12 AM
1. Cheerleaders

- annoying AND ugly!

Love it!

#2, baby!

4. The shout song.

I'm noncomittal on this issue.

5. People that stand for long periods of time that sit in front of you and you can't see. It is worse when it is a woman (no offense gals).

Even worse are the morons who sit the entire game and don't cheer, then have the nerve to ask you to sit down.

I think those people are hilarious...good entertainment.

:rofl:

Last year we got a Redskins fan thrown out of our section. He didn't even do anything, but when security came down the aisle, we all pointed at him and they tossed him.

elitist snobs. :mad:

Yeah, that's :limp:.

lordofgun
10-04-2004, 11:14 AM
My peeves:

1. Billy the stupid Buffalo
2. When they play 'raise a little hell' at least twice per game
3. When they throw you out after you raise a little hell
4. ******s in pumpkin outfits
5. No matter where you sit, you can still see Phil.

Patrick76777
10-04-2004, 11:15 AM

Crazy I know!

RedEyE
10-04-2004, 11:15 AM
You might not too old, but you could be :limp:

:rofl:

Patrick76777
10-04-2004, 11:16 AM
My peeves:

LMAO!

lordofgun
That's what I like about Pat! He's a heathen, but he has self-control!

Patrick76777

I drink Bailey's on the rocks all the time!

lordofgun
10-04-2004, 11:18 AM

1. Cheerleaders
4. The shout song.

Pos rep for being old!

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 11:23 AM

1. Cheerleaders
4. The shout song.

I agree on #s 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9...

On number 10 I will say it is funny when I see somebody in a St. Louis Blues hat or a Sabres Jersey...but not another NFL team.

lordofgun
10-04-2004, 11:25 AM
I fail to see the humor in a St. Louis Blues hat.

mchurchfie
10-04-2004, 11:29 AM
My peeves:
4. ******s in pumpkin outfits....no matter where you sit, you can still see Phil.:funny:
You can see Thurm's big noggin pretty easily too. :doh:

Earthquake Enyart
10-04-2004, 11:31 AM
:limp:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 11:32 AM
I agree on the sitting dude, but I had this woman in front of me standing for every play. I will stand when something happens dammit.

:lolcry:

:lolpoint: St. Louis Blues hat
(I am assuming this is an inside joke)

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 11:32 AM
How about the fact that this team is so bad that all the Diamond In The Roughs are from the late 80s teams.

mchurchfie
10-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Last year we got a Redskins fan thrown out of our section. He didn't even do anything, but when security came down the aisle, we all pointed at him and they tossed him.

:rofl:Good one!:hi5:

lordofgun
10-04-2004, 11:35 AM
How about the fact that this team is so bad that all the Diamond In The Roughs are from the late 80s teams.
Late 80's rocked!!!

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 12:21 PM
:lolpoint: St. Louis Blues hat
(I am assuming this is an inside joke)

no inside joke...we saw somebody there yesterday in a St. Louis Blues hat.

Valerie
10-04-2004, 01:31 PM
:up: It's always good to get rid of the riff raff. lol

Good stuff!!! :hungry: They sell little bottles of Bailey's now. I think I'm going to bring those and some mini mudslides to the next game. I don't drink beer either.

Earthquake Enyart
10-04-2004, 01:35 PM
:up: It's always good to get rid of the riff raff. lol

Good stuff!!! :hungry: They sell little bottles of Bailey's now. I think I'm going to bring those and some mini mudslides to the next game. I don't drink beer either.
You aren't a man with a huge cranium.

Dozerdog
10-04-2004, 01:54 PM
That stupid "beep" when they have a flag on the visiting team- supposed to sound like a truck backing up- it makes me feel like I'm shopping at Home Depot

Too many G-damn commercials. If the commercial gets done in time- they might get to a rerplay of that last touchdown

Did anybody notice this gem? On the interception in the end zone of a Brady pass - The pats called for a replay. Now most Jumbotron operators around the league know enough NOT to show a replay if something good has just happened that might have a hint of being questionable.

Not only did they toss the replay up on the big screen- they had the network feed from the broadcast booth with the stupid telestrator circling the ball as it might have hit the turf!

WTF!!!:mad:

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 02:10 PM
That stupid "beep" when they have a flag on the visiting team- supposed to sound like a truck backing up- it makes me feel like I'm shopping at Home Depot

Too many G-damn commercials. If the commercial gets done in time- they might get to a rerplay of that last touchdown

Did anybody notice this gem? On the interception in the end zone of a Brady pass - The pats called for a replay. Now most Jumbotron operators around the league know enough NOT to show a replay if something good has just happened that might have a hint of being questionable.

Not only did they toss the replay up on the big screen- they had the network feed from the broadcast booth with the stupid telestrator circling the ball as it might have hit the turf!

WTF!!!:mad:
Plus, when there were questionable calls, later shown to be in Buffalo's favor (Dillion fumble at the 2), they were not shown at all.

Dozerdog
10-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Seriously- not just at the Ralph but at all sports arenas- Why do we need a blast of loud rock music for 15 seconds?

Tackle .....flag on the play...Loud blast of music for 6 seconds... then it's shut off imediatly as the refs talk to the crowd.... turned on for another 6-10 seconds...

It's one thing if you play some music to ge the crowd into it- get them rocking- but anything under a 30 seconds is useless noise

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Seriously- not just at the Ralph but at all sports arenas- Why do we need a blast of loud rock music for 15 seconds?

Tackle .....flag on the play...Loud blast of music for 6 seconds... then it's shut off imediatly as the refs talk to the crowd.... turned on for another 6-10 seconds...

It's one thing if you play some music to ge the crowd into it- get them rocking- but anything under a 30 seconds is useless noise
because the marketing guru's think that fans under 30 can't go and enjoy a football game just for the football game...it's about atmosphere man!!! seriously, two of the best football games I have ever been at were at Notre Dame...no crap, just football, including the cheerleaders and the school band. (You know how much I knock cheerleaders - but not when put forth the way there are at ND). Classic and Classy football - can't wait until this years game!!!

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 05:55 PM
1. Cheerleaders--the only people they should annoy are women who are jealous and guys who may be a little :limp: :D
2. That stupid bus race on the jumbotron.-not annoying, but lame
3. People that actually root for a certain bus.-twice as lame
4. The shout song.-a classic...how could any Bills fan hate that? :shakeno:
5. People that stand for long periods of time that sit in front of you and you can't see. It is worse when it is a woman (no offense gals)....If it's a case where they're standing up to yell for the defense, I think it's a good thing...means they want to help the team
6. People that try to tell me when to cheer.--no offense, but why go if you don't want to get involved? Fan involvement via the 12th man has helped many times
7. $5.50 for a small beer.--why drink in the stadium? Personally, I prefer not to drink in the stands..would rather watch the game that I paid to see
8. People who try to bash opposing fans, can't they cheer for their team? (Especially when their team is good and yours isn't)--if they're obnoxious opposing fans, F them
9. The blue coats being on the field with their stupid sign that the players run under.-don't really have an opinion on them. By the time I get to my seats this year, they're already a non-factor
10. Fans that wear a jersey of a team that isn't even playing here.-I just shake my head at them

mchurchfie
10-04-2004, 06:05 PM
7. $5.50 for a small beer.--why drink in the stadium? Personally, I prefer not to drink in the stands..would rather watch the game that I paid to see

You could probably get a pretty good buzz from the alcohol fumes emitting from Thurm anyways, couldn't you? :winkpunch :funny:

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 06:49 PM
You could probably get a pretty good buzz from the alcohol fumes emitting from Thurm anyways, couldn't you? :winkpunch :funny:
you know it :eek:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 07:21 PM
1. Cheerleaders--the only people they should annoy are women who are jealous and guys who may be a little :limp: :D
4. The shout song.-a classic...how could any Bills fan hate that? :shakeno:
5. People that stand for long periods of time that sit in front of you and you can't see. It is worse when it is a woman (no offense gals)....If it's a case where they're standing up to yell for the defense, I think it's a good thing...means they want to help the team
6. People that try to tell me when to cheer.--no offense, but why go if you don't want to get involved? Fan involvement via the 12th man has helped many times

1. Just because you are infatuated with the cheerleaders doesn't mean I have to like them.
4. The Shout song is lame, I don't care if that makes me less of a fan.
5. Help the team? I don't think some 50 year old woman makes the lick of difference in a game. I can't root the team on while sitting?
6. Good, I cheer, but the dude that raises his hands to tell me to stand up pisses me off.
7. I wanted a f'n beer!

I agree dozer, why have the Jumbotron if you aren't going to show any replays?

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 07:27 PM
1.Infatuated? Sorry...but I know some of the girls on the squad..they're nice girls doing what they love to do
5. If the guy in front of me is sitting, I'll usually stay seated myself...but I certainly can't fault someone for standing...your voice carries better that way
6...he's trying to build up the noise level
7..so you can't control your drinking :D :jk: :calm:

Valerie
10-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Next time I'm up for a game I'm going to wear my Cowboy jersey, hat and socks, just to piss all you guys off. lol I'll even bring my Cowboy towel to sit on! :up: :snicker:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-04-2004, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=lordofgun]My peeves:

I agree Billy is the worst mascot he doesn't even look like a Buffalo "Tooth" (Sabretooth) and "Buster" (Buffalo Bisons) look more realistic Billy looks like a blue nightmare

NapalmDeath
10-05-2004, 02:23 AM

1. Cheerleaders
4. The shout song.

1. What is not to like about our cheerleaders?
2. VERY LAME
3. Anyone that sits near me and cheers for a bus, gets ridiculed the rest of the game, unless it is a kid
4. I am also getting tired of the Shout song. It was great for a time, but It needs to be replaced.
5. I stand for defensive plays of importance, and I don't care if it is 1st down or not. And agree with whoever said that the person that sits the whole game and yells at you to sit down on a 3rd down and 2 play, which the 12th man is much needed, is much lamer (and its usually some old fart that seems to forget that Jerry Butler doesn't play for the Bills anymore)
6. I always throw my arms up and try to get people to cheer on certain plays. Why? Because there has been a few times that I have had to explain to people sitting around me that shouting when the offense is on the field is not a good thing. Kinda like when they did the Wave in the opener. I love how that started in the endzone.
7. Hey, I feel your pain on this one. But unless you are drinking Hinekin or something, most beers are 16 oz's, which doesn't qualify for a small beer, especially if you buy 2! There is a quart to drink. And at the price of almost a case of beer for that quart of beer, I am gonna enjoy every drop of it, Dammit!
8. Bashing moron visiting team fans is an artform. But harassing good natured ones for cheering on there team on, and not being a jerk about it is just rude.
9. Never noticed, I usually don't get to my seats till the anthem
10. That is just asking for a ripping.

imbondz
10-05-2004, 08:00 AM
My peeves:

:rofl: I miss the Ralph :(

Ebenezer
10-05-2004, 12:14 PM
1.Infatuated? Sorry...but I know some of the girls on the squad..they're nice girls doing what they love to do

that doesn't make you any less infatuated with them...you follow the hijinx of the Bandettes and admit you have never been to a Bandits game...

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 12:16 PM

Mmmmm mudslides. :D

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Next time I'm up for a game I'm going to wear my Cowboy jersey, hat and socks, just to piss all you guys off. lol I'll even bring my Cowboy towel to sit on! :up: :snicker:

Be warned that many drinks might "accidentally" be spilled on it.

I'll be bringing purple grape juice just so you know. :D

Michael82
10-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Be warned that many drinks might "accidentally" be spilled on it.

I'll be bringing purple grape juice just so you know. :D
:snicker: