PDA

View Full Version : Remember that we started like this before

northernbillfan
10-04-2004, 12:57 PM
And we went on to the playoffs.

Unfortunatley it was the Memphis Miralce, but we started 0-3 and made it to the playoffs. We also had a number 11 leading us, who then got hurt because he took too many sacks, and a number 7 stepped in to take tot he post season.

Just pointing out some common variables between this season and that season. And trying to instill a little hope.

justasportsfan
10-04-2004, 12:59 PM

Unfortunatley it was the Memphis Miralce, but we started 0-3 and made it to the playoffs. We also had a number 11 leading us, who then got hurt because he took too many sacks, and a number 7 stepped in to take tot he post season.

Just pointing out some common variables between this season and that season. And trying to instill a little hope.7 is already hurt and 11 is durable.

Michael82
10-04-2004, 12:59 PM

Just pointing out some common variables between this season and that season. And trying to instill a little hope.
Thank you, NBF! It's about time that someone stated the obvious. :up:

Michael82
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
7 is already hurt and 11 is durable.
11 won't be durable if Troy Vincent takes care of him. :snicker:

:jk:

northernbillfan
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
7 is already hurt and 11 is durable.
But 7 could be ready when 11 is no longer durable.

Michael82
10-04-2004, 01:01 PM
:clap:

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Rookie QBs don't take teams to playoffs...especially with this OL.

justasportsfan
10-04-2004, 01:06 PM
:clap:are you flipflopping again?

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-04-2004, 01:14 PM
JP Losman goes in when the playoffs are out of reach.

Michael82
10-04-2004, 01:16 PM
are you flipflopping again?
Yeah, I saw the way Bush flip flops on Iraq, so I figured I would too. :up: :snicker:

northernbillfan
10-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Rookie QBs don't take teams to playoffs...especially with this OL.
Says who? Why can't he?

Gunzlingr
10-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I saw the way Bush flip flops on Iraq, so I figured I would too. :up: :snicker:
Don't make me move this to the dumbass....er political forum.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Says who? Why can't he?
It's unlikely, highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of possibility. Nice thread, :nbf: :10:

Mr. Cynical
10-04-2004, 05:52 PM
JP Losman goes in when the playoffs are out of reach.
He can't play next week.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 06:49 PM
If we continue to lose, we won't be mathematically eliminated until the 9th or 10th game :rolleyes:

FTG
10-04-2004, 07:38 PM
He can't play next week.

:rofl:

Mr. Cynical
10-04-2004, 07:44 PM
If we continue to lose, we won't be mathematically eliminated until the 9th or 10th game :rolleyes:Specifically, what leads you to think that we have a chance to make the playoffs this year? Don't use other 0-3 teams that have done it before as a reference. I would like to know exactly what you have seen in this current team that makes you think they can turn it around besides just having "faith" that it will.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Because I'm not someone who quits on the team
NUFF SAID!!

Mr. Cynical
10-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Because I'm not someone who quits on the team
NUFF SAID!!Neither am I. I want them to win, but I'm just being realistic, that's all.

I have stated specific reasons as to why I don't think they will make the playoffs. All I was asking for is your specific reasons as to why you think they will. If you want to just say it's because you "believe" they will, that's fine. That just means the Ostrich Club is still alive and kicking. :;

The_Philster
10-05-2004, 02:56 AM
Never said I believe they will...I just happen to know my math and know that there's still a possibility :rolleyes: I just can't dumb it down any further :idunno:

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2004, 03:30 AM
Never said I believe they will...I just happen to know my math and know that there's still a possibility :rolleyes: I just can't dumb it down any further :idunno:
You're absolutely right. Your posts can't be dumbed down any further.

northernbillfan
10-05-2004, 05:21 AM
Specifically, what leads you to think that we have a chance to make the playoffs this year? Don't use other 0-3 teams that have done it before as a reference.
I was the one who started this thread, and wasn't using other 0-3 teams that have gone on to make the playoffs as an example. I was using the frikkin BILLS as a comparison and pointing out that the team has simialr tools, they just need the glue to keep them together.

Parrotfish
10-05-2004, 10:06 PM

Well, it was NOT the Music city Miracle. It was 1998, and we lost to SD, MIA, and the Rams before we took on the 4-0 49ers at the Ralph and won-WITH Rob Johnson at QB by the way. Many think that DF started that winning streak, but no matter. We lost to MIA in a wild card game when Flutie was sacked by Trace Armstrong and fumbled when we were in scoring position. Just as crappy an ending, but NOT the music city Miracle. We were actually WINNING that game when we kicked off to the Titans. I believe that only a handful of teams have reached the playoffs after 0-3. I can't see this team catching lightning in a bottle like that squad.