PDA

View Full Version : Coy Wire Sucks

Typ0
10-04-2004, 12:58 PM
I wanted my own Coy Wire sucks thread so I started one! Say it with me now...Coy Wire sucks. Get him the hell out of there!

northernbillfan
10-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Agreed.

Just helping ya keep the thread alive.

Thailog80
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
It nevr hurts to say it again.......He really sucks.

mchurchfie
10-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Coy Wire SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 01:04 PM
It nevr hurts to say it again.......He really sucks.
could be a great special teamer...maybe...bye-bye Coy...

Billsouth
10-04-2004, 01:06 PM
he could not cover the left tackle if he went out for a pass. he is by far the worst defender we have.

i am going to take it to a new level and accuse him of being worse than chris watson.

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 01:14 PM
he could not cover the left tackle if he went out for a pass. he is by far the worst defender we have.

i am going to take it to a new level and accuse him of being worse than chris watson.
Coy is a victim of the pretty boy society...when the ladies start likeing a player for their looks they instantly suck...

juice
10-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Wire is a pretty good Football player, he just isn't and never has been a DB. His inabilities limit his usage to a fulltime ST player or possibly a situational pass rusher.. Wire could also be used on Running downs to clog to interior run lanes.

Those who thought he could "Easiliy" transition to the SS position from LB have limited knowledge in the specialized skills required to effectivly make the position switch.. that includes TD, Szabo (position coach), as well as many posters.. who felt that the "WIRE EXPERIMENT" could be a positive for this team.

Typ0
10-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Herman Edwards just said in an interview how they are focused on Buffalo only right now and we play excellent defense...with the exception of that Coy Wire guy who sucks.

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Wire is a pretty good Football player, he just isn't and never has been a DB. His inabilities limit his usage to a fulltime ST player or possibly a situational pass rusher.. Wire could also be used on Running downs to clog to interior run lanes.

Those who thought he could "Easiliy" transition to the SS position from LB have limited knowledge in the specialized skills required to effectivly make the position switch.. that includes TD, Szabo (position coach), as well as many posters.. who felt that the "WIRE EXPERIMENT" could be a positive for this team.
The experiment was tried before...Remembet Zeke Gadsden?? That failed too after much promise...

Mr. Miyagi
10-04-2004, 01:23 PM
I bet he'd make a great tackling dummy.

juice
10-04-2004, 01:29 PM
The experiment was tried before...Remembet Zeke Gadsden?? That failed too after much promise...
It's much easier to transition from LB to DL, it's just that Coy is "Light in the ASS".. But to go from a LB to a DB requires a whole different set of skills, which just happen to be Wire's weakpoints..

Read and recognition, Range, ability to recover, and instincts are just a few skills needed that he lacks.

Wire often is overaggressive and overruns running plays, he takes bad angles and doesn't play with controlled aggression.

Failed Experiment.

Typ0
10-04-2004, 04:30 PM
It's much easier to transition from LB to DL, it's just that Coy is "Light in the ASS".. But to go from a LB to a DB requires a whole different set of skills, which just happen to be Wire's weakpoints..

Read and recognition, Range, ability to recover, and instincts are just a few skills needed that he lacks.

Wire often is overaggressive and overruns running plays, he takes bad angles and doesn't play with controlled aggression.

Failed Experiment.

What moron put him in there if he's lacking the skills?

Kolbiss
10-04-2004, 04:31 PM
I like the guy, but along with Drew, I have to jump on the you suck bus.

juice
10-04-2004, 05:42 PM
What moron put him in there if he's lacking the skills?
Yeah who is this Szabo Bum anyway.. Some Jock-riding NE coaching reject, they didn't even pay him.

He'd better pull the trigger on WIRE before the Jets game, I cant believe he is still playing. :fury:

Icer
10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Coy Wire rocks, he should start for one more week. :D

Tatonka
10-04-2004, 08:06 PM
i really dont remember him being this bad at ss as a rookie. maybe people just didnt pass all day on him like they do now.

juice
10-04-2004, 08:25 PM
i really dont remember him being this bad at ss as a rookie. maybe people just didnt pass all day on him like they do now.
We have not been able to put any rush on QBs like Brady, so he had all day to just sit back and wait for a Reciever to enter Wire's Zone.

He was a non-factor in his rookie year except when they cut him loose to play like a LB, then he would have a crazy high number of Solo tackles, but he was never even near effective in the Pass game at SS.

PP was much more effective plus had instincts and applied pressure to the QB on Blitzes.

Nighthawk
10-04-2004, 08:50 PM
He's absolutely horrible...I truly hate this guy as a football player!

FreddyvsJason
10-05-2004, 08:27 AM
I think Jigihoe likes to draft crappy white guy players that give him "favors"-if u know white i mean. Kelsey, Denney, Wire, Tim Anderson- they all suck very well!

Billsouth
10-05-2004, 09:52 AM
coy should play receiver as he sure knows how to get a lot of separation between he and the man he is supposed to be covering

Drewpac
10-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Nothing against him personally but I've always thought he sucked. Dude's a stiff.

Buckets
10-05-2004, 11:29 AM
I agree ..... he's a permenent ST'r.

shelby
10-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Coy Wire is the devil and should be burned at the stake.
:D

The_Philster
10-05-2004, 07:12 PM
:faint::;

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2004, 07:15 PM
I was always a big supporter of Coy but I guess it looks like he has run out of time. I'm not one to cling for years waiting for a turnaround. Still, he could be good for ST. I wonder if he would do that or try to go to another team next year for another shot as SS.

shelby
10-05-2004, 07:20 PM
He'll probably go somewhere else, Mr. C.
i always admired his dedication to the game. It's hard for me to admit he can't get the job done....but i find myself compelled to do so. He is a excellent role model, but he is not cut out to be a safety. i'll miss him next year...and still be wearing his jersey.
:wail:

Đ²
10-05-2004, 10:40 PM

And pissed on, but not necessarily in that order.

He could play in the CFL. Nobody can cover in the CFL

HenryRules
10-05-2004, 11:04 PM
I've never been a big fan of Coy Wire's. Using a first-day pick on a player who got shuffled around from position to position and never really excelling anywhere and then changing positions again always struck me as odd. I never watched him play, so I had no real insight or anything ... but to me, if you're a quality player, you'll usually end up playing just one single position throughout most of college. I know there are exceptions, but normally, starters don't end up moving to be starters at other positions, unless they weren't that good at the first spot. So maybe he was a good LB, but if so, why move him again?

I understand he might have some long-term potential ... but in the sal cap era, you can't wait around for a few years for your first day picks to start being non-liabilities on offense/defense. We're in Wire's 3rd year, and he's definitely a liability.

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2004, 12:36 PM
He's just another white, "over-achiever, with a non-stop motor."

Let's go back and check the threads that stated

"Wire needs a chance to play."

"He's the hardest hitter in the NFL."

"He needs to be a starter."

blah, blah, blah.

White DBs are rare these days. So people cheer for them...until they start costing your team games.

juice
10-15-2004, 08:03 PM
It's an ongoing experiment. :fury:

Typ0
03-19-2005, 10:44 PM
I sure hope I don't have to utter these words over and over again next season!

The Spaz
03-19-2005, 11:09 PM
He's just another white, "over-achiever, with a non-stop motor."

Let's go back and check the threads that stated

"Wire needs a chance to play."

"He's the hardest hitter in the NFL."

"He needs to be a starter."

blah, blah, blah.

White DBs are rare these days. So people cheer for them...until they start costing your team games.

No need to go there.:shakeno:

Ickybaluky
03-20-2005, 08:14 AM

There are some players that come to mind who made that transition successfully.

Pat Tillman did it. He was an All Pac-10 LB before moving to SS with Arizona.

Michael Boulware did it. A lot of people thought he would play LB as a pro, but he looked great at S with Seattle.

John Lynch did it. Lynch was a college LB, and actually played LB his first season in TB, before Tony Dungy arrived and moved him to S.

Adam Archuleta did it, although he is also a limited coverage player.

I'm sure there are many who failed as well, but I think it is fairly common to take undersized college LB with speed and try to move them to S.

RetroRaiders81
03-20-2005, 10:10 AM
I remember his first year, he was really hyped up.

Typ0
08-13-2005, 11:50 PM
I sure hope I don't have to utter these words over and over again next season!

I'm not a rep whore usually...but if you agree please give rep.

smack541
08-13-2005, 11:55 PM
I agree, he only has chance to be a kick ass special teamer. But, there is nothing wrong with that. I agree Safety is his only spot. He did show some promise his first year till Milloy came in.

Typ0
09-02-2006, 04:56 PM
This guy better now get burned as a safety 7 times this year throwing games away for us...that's all I have to say on the matter.

SABURZFAN
09-02-2006, 05:04 PM
:lolpoint:
This guy better now get burned as a safety 7 times this year throwing games away for us...that's all I have to say on the matter.

this thread is almost 2 years old.

Mr. Pink
09-02-2006, 05:11 PM
:lolpoint:

this thread is almost 2 years old.

and somehow this guy still has a job!

I bet most of us could be just as good as him on the field, considering all he does is wander around aimlessly-at least that's the way it looks.

Mr. Cynical
09-02-2006, 05:23 PM
He must have borrowed Mark Kelso's good luck charm That guy sucked balls and somehow managed to stay on the team.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2006, 05:27 PM
????

Kelso played fairly well and was good fit for the team.

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Wire is possibly one of the worst safeties in the game and he somehow manages to stay on the team. And some people wonder why outsiders make fun of this organization.

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Backups' primary way of making the squad is through being key contributors on special teams. Mark Pike was never gonna remind anyone of Bruce Smith at DE, but on special teams, he was one of the best ever.

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Backups' primary way of making the squad is through being key contributors on special teams. Mark Pike was never gonna remind anyone of Bruce Smith at DE, but on special teams, he was one of the best ever.

Wire is an OK special teamer...he's no Mark Pike! Hell, he's no Sam Aiken!!!

Scumbag College
09-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Wire is still developing. Give him another 9 years to learn the system and the NFL game and he'll be an all pro by his fifteenth year in the league.

Historian
09-03-2006, 07:34 AM

Thank You.