PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo and The Pretty Boy Socitey - Paul Cyr Syndrome

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Show me the last Sabre or Bill that was a pretty boy and played like a superstar?? What is it with this town and guys that women think are good looking. None of them can ever play. Latest example - Coy Wire. Women are swooning and he can cover an open wound. I said it when I heard him interviewed as a rookie...he's dumber than a box of rocks...

Think of the guys that fit into this category...Paul Cyr, Tim Connolly, Taylor Pyatt, Coy Wire...feel free to add your own...

juice
10-04-2004, 01:21 PM
The ladies liked OJ.. He had that SuperStar status that seemed to turn any Rich Guy into a sex symbol.

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 01:28 PM
The ladies liked OJ.. He had that SuperStar status that seemed to turn any Rich Guy into a sex symbol.
OJ was far from pretty...

juice
10-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Yet he was one of the Biggest Sex Symbols of his time, not only in Sports but he was probably one of the most recognized figures of that Decade. He was a Sponsers dream and earned huge figures through endorsements to make him the Highest paid Football player in League History.

Many Women of that Decade would beg to differ with you on him not being pretty.. But few could argue that he probably had the "Prettiest running Style" of any back in League History.. Poetry in Motion.

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Yet he was one of the Biggest Sex Symbols of his time, not only in Sports but he was probably one of the most recognized figures of that Decade. He was a Sponsers dream and earned huge figures through endorsements to make him the Highest paid Football player in League History.

Many Women of that Decade would beg to differ with you on him not being pretty.. But few could argue that he probably had the "Prettiest running Style" of any back in League History.. Poetry in Motion.
I may have been young but I don't ever remember women in this area drooling over OJs looks like they do Wire's. Women in this area have been drooling over Wire since the day he was drafted.

Michael82
10-04-2004, 01:46 PM
I may have been young but I don't ever remember women in this area drooling over OJs looks like they do Wire's. Women in this area have been drooling over Wire since the day he was drafted.
I think the problem is...we have seen some good from Coy Wire, but it's on Special Teams. He should get placed back on ST permanently and let Prioleau take over SS until Milloy is ready. :(

Valerie
10-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Doug Flutie. And he could play and he is intelligent! He has it all! A perfect package!!!:10:

Pride
10-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Doug Flutie. And he could play and he is intelligent! He has it all! A perfect package!!!:10:
I was going to mention it. Too bad he sucked!

Valerie
10-04-2004, 02:07 PM
He's better than any quarterback we've had since he left.

Ebenezer
10-04-2004, 02:10 PM
He's better than any quarterback we've had since he left.
OMG, Flutie is the tallest dwarf.

juice
10-04-2004, 02:17 PM
OJ's popularity was more on a National Scale which is why I think it is a need to Recognize his accomplishments as a figure in Bills History.. He took the popularity of the Bills organization to NationWide Level instead of it getting only Local coverage.. That National attention wouldn't be regained until Two Decades later with the SB loses being the main focus.

OJ's '73 season is one time that Bills fans can say this team was the Best at something instead of being second Best resulting in 4 straight loses.. Great Bills teams they were but in the end the Loses are what's remembered.

2000 yds in a season showed a Bills run game being recognized as being far superior to any other of that time.. The Electric CO. was a huge part of that feat.

SABURZFAN
10-04-2004, 04:04 PM

he had a big noggin

SABURZFAN
10-04-2004, 04:06 PM

you forgot to mention the mullet. :rolleyes:

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Pat LaFontaine.

Eric Moulds.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Pat LaFontaine.

Eric Moulds.
You're not helping them make their point :;

Doug Flutie. And he could play and he is intelligent! He has it all! A perfect package!!!:10: Belichek thought so too...he had him figured out as easily as he had Bledsoe solved

imbondz
10-04-2004, 06:47 PM
wouldn't Bledsoe fall into this category? he's pretty and he sucks.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 07:02 PM
wouldn't Bledsoe fall into this category? he's prettyIf you say so...he does nothing for me :idunno:

Valerie
10-04-2004, 08:21 PM
wouldn't Bledsoe fall into this category? he's pretty and he sucks.
Bledsoe is ugly and so is Pat LaFontaine. :ugly:

You know who else is dog ugly, Jeff Garcia! Holy crap! When I saw him a few weeks ago, I thought I was going to lose my damn lunch!:puke::ugly:

You know who was cute and good, Steve Young. He's another complete package. Smart, good athlete, good looking. Yeah, I'd put him on the doable list.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-04-2004, 09:03 PM
How about Mike Peca

Valerie
10-05-2004, 07:54 AM
I don't know what Mike Peca looks like. I thought of another good looking guy who can play the game, Bret Farve. He does nothing for me, but I know a lot of girls who love him. And, he is a good quarterback.

justasportsfan
10-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Belichek thought so too...he had him figured out as easily as he had Bledsoe solved
Has Drew degraded to being compared to a lifetime back-up qb who's 5'9" from the CFL? Don't you think that it's sad Phil that you can't even put Drew in the same sentence as Manning or Farve? Some people will even argue that he's average "at best".

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 09:01 AM

This is stepping into a tricky area on my part, but it was much less socially acceptable back then for white women to ogle a black man IMO. It is now much more common for a black man to be a universal sex symbol in today's society, i.e. Michael Jordan. There is still a lot of racism out there, but it is much less out front and in the open than it was even in the 70s IMO.

Valerie
10-05-2004, 09:05 AM
I'll give you that. I LOVE Michael Jordan! He is way hot!!!! :hubba:

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Bledsoe is ugly and so is Pat LaFontaine. :ugly:

I don't think a lot of people considered Pat ugly around here. Plus, his looks suffered a little from the broken jaw. Peca wasn't considered a superstar around here and Hasek is/was ugly. Nobody fills that role on the current (former :() hockey team. Briere might someday, but I doubt it, and Vanek also might and is a good looking kid I guess.

I'm not good at judging men though.

Valerie
10-05-2004, 09:15 AM
My girl friend had a crush on Pat Lafonatine when he played for the Islanders. I never thought he was good looking. But then again, I have HORRIBLE tastes in men. Just look at the guys I do find attractive. lol I guess for me it has to be a package. Intelligence, nice smile, nice eyes, decent body and then looks. I'm not as superficial as people like to believe I am. Intelligence is more of a turn on for me than physical looks.

imbondz
10-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Has Drew degraded to being compared to a lifetime back-up qb who's 5'9" from the CFL? Don't you think that it's sad Phil that you can't even put Drew in the same sentence as Manning or Farve? Some people will even argue that he's average "at best".

Bledsoe is quickly joining an elite few who can be spoken of in the same sentence as Vinny Testaverde :::

Valerie
10-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Bledsoe is quickly joining an elite few who can be spoken of in the same sentence as Vinny Testaverde :::
I'll give you that one, Imbondz. lol Although Drew doesn't hold the honor that Vinnie holds.....the second most LOSING quarterback in the NFL! Now that's a quarterback I want on my team. A big, fat, ugly, old LOSER! :up:

CommissarSpartacus
10-05-2004, 09:29 AM
The ultimate Buffalo pretty boy crush...

ROB JOHNSON!

Earthquake Enyart
10-05-2004, 09:49 AM
I'm not as superficial as people like to believe I am. Intelligence is more of a turn on for me than physical looks.

Explain the attraction to Rudy, then. :eek:

SabreEleven
10-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Jerry Korab always did it for me. :snicker:

Valerie
10-05-2004, 10:44 AM
The ultimate Buffalo pretty boy crush...

ROB JOHNSON!
YUCK! Rob NEVER did a thing for me. I don't find him attractive, he can't play football and he's dumber than a box of rocks! But, I would marry him if given the chance.

Explain the attraction to Rudy, then. :eek:
Yeah, well, Rude is a pretty intelligent guy. He just lacks interpersonal skills.

juice
10-05-2004, 11:08 AM
This is stepping into a tricky area on my part, but it was much less socially acceptable back then for white women to ogle a black man IMO. It is now much more common for a black man to be a universal sex symbol in today's society, i.e. Michael Jordan. There is still a lot of racism out there, but it is much less out front and in the open than it was even in the 70s IMO.
OJ like Jordan was larger than the game, his popularity went far beyond the local bars and fan club popularity.. but make no mistake about it he was the first MJ as far as being accepted by all fans of the game on a national level.. He had East coast ties through his NFL affiliations and West coast is where he grew up and attended college.

OJ was the most popular Black athlete in the history of sports through the 70's in the US, with the exception of ALI who grew into an International Figure and gained WorldWide Fame.. And it took Ali speaking out against the Vietnam war and almost going to Prison, to gain that popularity.

Earthquake Enyart
10-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Jerry Korab always did it for me. :snicker:
Actually, all three of the French Connection were handsome men.

LtBillsFan66
10-05-2004, 12:40 PM
How about Pat LaFontaine?

Valerie
10-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Pat's been mentioned like three times, BF1. lol Why does everyone keep bringing him up? Did he suck as a hockey player?

LtBillsFan66
10-05-2004, 12:58 PM
I just read the first thread. I knew his cause he played for the Islanders. He didn't suck for the Isles.

Valerie
10-05-2004, 01:01 PM
I didn't think he sucked for them either. I thought he was one of the stars on the team. Maybe he sucked in Buffalo.:idunno:

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Pat's been mentioned like three times, BF1. lol Why does everyone keep bringing him up? Did he suck as a hockey player?

Actually, he might just be the greatest American hockey player of all time. Plus a truely great person.

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 01:03 PM
I didn't think he sucked for them either. I thought he was one of the stars on the team. Maybe he sucked in Buffalo.:idunno:

Isn't the thread about superstars who are never good looking? Or good looking players who aren't very good in their sport from the Buffalo teams? I thought I pointed out two Moulds, LaFontaine who are considered very good (or were) in their sport and were good (or decent) looking.

Ebenezer
10-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Isn't the thread about superstars who are never good looking? Or good looking players who aren't very good in their sport from the Buffalo teams? I thought I pointed out two Moulds, LaFontaine who are considered very good (or were) in their sport and were good (or decent) looking.
the point was the players that women oogle and suck...not that are good looking and good players...

Valerie
10-05-2004, 01:37 PM
I thought the point was women like hot guys who suck at sports. I was trying to point out hot guys who ARE good at sports and who are also intelligent.

I think I lost sight of what this thread was about too. I just liked talking about the hot guys. lol

Ebenezer
10-05-2004, 01:47 PM
I thought the point was women like hot guys who suck at sports. I was trying to point out hot guys who ARE good at sports and who are also intelligent.

I think I lost sight of what this thread was about too. I just liked talking about the hot guys. lol
I got it!! Women oogling Coy Wire is like men oogling Anna Kornikova!!!

Valerie
10-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Funny thing is, Eb, Coy Wire doesn't do a damn thing for me. But, I'm different than most women. lol I have very odd tastes in men. lol

Ebenezer
10-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Funny thing is, Eb, Coy Wire doesn't do a damn thing for me. But, I'm different than most women. lol I have very odd tastes in men. lol
what do they have to taste like...:::

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Show me the last Sabre or Bill that was a pretty boy and played like a superstar?? What is it with this town and guys that women think are good looking. None of them can ever play. Latest example - Coy Wire. Women are swooning and he can cover an open wound. I said it when I heard him interviewed as a rookie...he's dumber than a box of rocks...

Think of the guys that fit into this category...Paul Cyr, Tim Connolly, Taylor Pyatt, Coy Wire...feel free to add your own...

Right there I met the criteria. LaFontaine and Moulds.