• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo and The Pretty Boy Socitey - Paul Cyr Syndrome

Show me the last Sabre or Bill that was a pretty boy and played like a superstar?? What is it with this town and guys that women think are good looking. None of them can ever play. Latest example - Coy Wire. Women are swooning and he can cover an open wound. I said it when I heard him interviewed as a rookie...he's dumber than a box of rocks...

Think of the guys that fit into this category...Paul Cyr, Tim Connolly, Taylor Pyatt, Coy Wire...feel free to add your own...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

The ladies liked OJ.. He had that SuperStar status that seemed to turn any Rich Guy into a sex symbol.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
      The ladies liked OJ.. He had that SuperStar status that seemed to turn any Rich Guy into a sex symbol.
      OJ was far from pretty...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        Yet he was one of the Biggest Sex Symbols of his time, not only in Sports but he was probably one of the most recognized figures of that Decade. He was a Sponsers dream and earned huge figures through endorsements to make him the Highest paid Football player in League History.

Many Women of that Decade would beg to differ with you on him not being pretty.. But few could argue that he probably had the "Prettiest running Style" of any back in League History.. Poetry in Motion.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
          Yet he was one of the Biggest Sex Symbols of his time, not only in Sports but he was probably one of the most recognized figures of that Decade. He was a Sponsers dream and earned huge figures through endorsements to make him the Highest paid Football player in League History.

Many Women of that Decade would beg to differ with you on him not being pretty.. But few could argue that he probably had the "Prettiest running Style" of any back in League History.. Poetry in Motion.
          I may have been young but I don't ever remember women in this area drooling over OJs looks like they do Wire's. Women in this area have been drooling over Wire since the day he was drafted.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

I may have been young but I don't ever remember women in this area drooling over OJs looks like they do Wire's. Women in this area have been drooling over Wire since the day he was drafted.
            I think the problem is...we have seen some good from Coy Wire, but it's on Special Teams. He should get placed back on ST permanently and let Prioleau take over SS until Milloy is ready.

Comment

• Valerie
              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
              • Jul 2002

Doug Flutie. And he could play and he is intelligent! He has it all! A perfect package!!!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
              The only answer I found for all this hurt
              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Valerie
                Doug Flutie. And he could play and he is intelligent! He has it all! A perfect package!!!
                I was going to mention it. Too bad he sucked!

Comment

• Valerie
                  Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                  • Jul 2002

He's better than any quarterback we've had since he left.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                  Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                  The only answer I found for all this hurt
                  Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

He's better than any quarterback we've had since he left.
                    OMG, Flutie is the tallest dwarf.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

OJ's popularity was more on a National Scale which is why I think it is a need to Recognize his accomplishments as a figure in Bills History.. He took the popularity of the Bills organization to NationWide Level instead of it getting only Local coverage.. That National attention wouldn't be regained until Two Decades later with the SB loses being the main focus.

OJ's '73 season is one time that Bills fans can say this team was the Best at something instead of being second Best resulting in 4 straight loses.. Great Bills teams they were but in the end the Loses are what's remembered.

2000 yds in a season showed a Bills run game being recognized as being far superior to any other of that time.. The Electric CO. was a huge part of that feat.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

he had a big noggin
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

you forgot to mention the mullet.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Pat LaFontaine.

Eric Moulds.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                              Pat LaFontaine.

Eric Moulds.
                              You're not helping them make their point
                              Belichek thought so too...he had him figured out as easily as he had Bledsoe solved
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X