X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Lewis will miss Bills game

Jamal Lewis will begin serving his Suspension that will be issued by the NFL the week after next and will be suspended for 2-4 wks. The week after the Ravens Bye, which is the Bills game Lewis will begin the period, he wont serve any jail time until the off-season.

We need to go to the Jets house and get our first win and then take that momentum into the Ravens game which will be very winable with the absence of Lewis who is about 50% of their total offense.

Our next 4 or 5 games are winable but it starts with the Jets whose offense didn't look stellar against the Dolphins.

We need to put together a good month of football to get back into a position of respect.. This team is not that bad.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

I just heard them talking about that too. They said maybe...it's not definite yet.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

When the offense actually scores more than 10 pts, then I'll start considering the possibility of winning a game.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Its been in the workings for a week, and the NFL will make him serve the suspension immediately.. but the Plea agreement is all but a done deal they are working out the details but he WILL serve the suspen. soon, League Rules.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Thailog80
          Im not a chick!
          • Apr 2003

I'd rather they didn't have Ray playing against us.

"Let's Roll"
          Todd Beamer
          Flight 93
          9/11/01

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

I agree, he is a big part but we still have to get by the UM boys, Ray Ray and Ed Reed. They are pretty good too.....Definitely winnable but we have to hit some kind of stride on offense and the ball rolling.

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ryjam282
              I agree, he is a big part but we still have to get by the UM boys, Ray Ray and Ed Reed. They are pretty good too.....Definitely winnable but we have to hit some kind of stride on offense and the ball rolling.
              J. Lewis is a huge loss to the Ravens.. him not playing will criple their Offense.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

I wish I could deal drugs and only get suspended from work for 4 days with a delayed trial.

Comment

• kardshark19
                  I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                  I wish I could deal drugs and only get suspended from work for 4 days with a delayed trial.
                  but those 4 days are 1/4 of his yearly salary since i think players get payed per game, although the payments are probably spread throughtout the year
                  If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

AP reports that Lewis has accepted the plea and the League has suspended him for 2 games. Lewis has 5 days to appeal which would be next week, and the League will probably throw out, making his suspension active after the Ravens Bye-Week.

Without Lewis as their primary weapon, the Ravens offense should struggle.. This is a game that we can win on the road.

Comment

• B-DON
                      hi
                      • Mar 2004

for once i agree with juice on this one and that coy wire still sucks

Comment

• NapalmDeath
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by juice
                        AP reports that Lewis has accepted the plea and the League has suspended him for 2 games. Lewis has 5 days to appeal which would be next week, and the League will probably throw out, making his suspension active after the Ravens Bye-Week.

Without Lewis as their primary weapon, the Ravens offense should struggle.. This is a game that we can win on the road.

Hopefully it is a game that we do win!

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Todd Heap will be back off injury, however. And Anquian Boldin is expected back for Arizona against the Bills.

We catch all the breaks.

Comment

• Halbert
                            I'm Not Normal
                            • Jul 2002

Two Weeks?!?

Two friggin weeks?!?

Am I the only one that thinks that's pathetic? He plead guilty to a felony. He should be suspended for the remainder of the season.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                              • Aug 2003

Sorry I completely disagree, he should not be punished by the NFL at all. This is a mistake he made years ago, I believe it happened before he was in the NFL, how can you punish a guy for that?

Comment

Working...
                              X