PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green tonight

Mr. Cynical
10-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Amazing to watch a QB who is getting TONS of pressure yet manages to either scramble or quickly get rid of the ball more often than not to avoid the sacks.

And not too many people are going to say Green is headed for the HoF.

Tatonka
10-04-2004, 11:19 PM
he has had his share of miserable games and is in large part responsible for their 0-3 start..

i really dont like him.

gimme losman's potential over him anyday.

Dozerdog
10-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode of Mr Cynical's

"I wish we got somebody else in the offseason"

Special guest star- Jeff Garcia.

colin
10-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Amazing to watch a QB who is getting TONS of pressure yet manages to either scramble or quickly get rid of the ball more often than not to avoid the sacks.

And not too many people are going to say Green is headed for the HoF.

Tennis to Football fan conversion lesson 1: There are more players than the QB

In tonights game we have THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINE IN FOOTBALL coupled with JUST ABOUT THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN FOOTBALL and THE BEST TIGHTEND IN FOOTBALL and AN OK QB WHO CAN MOVE A BIT BUT IS NOT ALL THAT TALENTED. Note how the game starts not with the QB, but with the line. See how the winning team is able to RUN THE BALL and pass off of play action. See how the best line in football run blocks, pass protects, and seals off defenders to open up passing lanes. See how this outstanding line also picks up 6 and 7 man rushes themselves allowing for passes when blitzed.

Once again, it takes 11 men to play the game, but only one tennis fan to totally misunderstand it.

NapalmDeath
10-05-2004, 01:12 AM

Special guest star- Jeff Garcia.

:rofl:

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2004, 02:55 AM
he has had his share of miserable games and is in large part responsible for their 0-3 start..

i really dont like him.

gimme losman's potential over him anyday.Oh - I agree I'd take losman over him. I wasn't suggesting that Green was anything special (hence my sarcasm on the HoF comment)

I was just pointing out to the blind Drew worshippers (who, on cue, popped up in this thread already) what it is like to have a QB who can actually perform at higher than a high school level when pressured with blitzes and the oline doesn't block it. There were at least 5-6 times where the blitz broke through the line and Green had to run around to buy time. If he had gotten sacked on those occasions it would have been game changing.

But according to some, it wouldn't have mattered if he had been sacked on those 5-6 occasions. Guess that's why they love Drew so much. Sacks are all the oline's fault. :rolleyes:

The_Philster
10-05-2004, 03:10 AM
blind Drew worshippers? Try people who understand football who know that it takes more than the QB. The Drew haters aren't the only ones who see Drew's flaws. The rest of us just don't pin all the team's flaws on him

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2004, 03:17 AM
blind Drew worshippers? Try people who understand football who know that it takes more than the QB. The Drew haters aren't the only ones who see Drew's flaws. The rest of us just don't pin all the team's flaws on him
You need to go to reading comprehension classes. Find a post where I said it was all Drew's fault for our losses. Find one. Wait, let me save you the trouble. You can't. So make more false accusations if you want, it won't change the fact that you are wrong in my case.

NapalmDeath
10-05-2004, 03:21 AM
Who is your next weeks guest star? Kordell or Akili?

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2004, 03:23 AM
Who is your next weeks guest star? Kordell or Akili?

You! :up:

NapalmDeath
10-05-2004, 03:30 AM
Why would you want me on the Bills? I am a Bills Fan. Not a player. LOL though. Tried to give rep, but I can't give rep to the same post twice. What's up with that?

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2004, 03:41 AM
Why would you want me on the Bills? I am a Bills Fan. Not a player. LOL though. Tried to give rep, but I can't give rep to the same post twice. What's up with that?Can you make it from your couch to the fridge and back in less than an hour? Can you decide which show to watch on TV and click to the right channel before the show is over? If so, you're hired. :;

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2004, 04:01 AM

Special guest star- Jeff Garcia.Followed by Dozer's new show:

"TD and Drew: The Dynamic Duo"

In this episode, he explains how TD is doing a great job getting the Bills to a blazing 17-34 record and riding a 6 game losing streak. Then he discusses the amazing adaptability of Drew and how he is a completely different QB this season with all the new coaching he has received. Don't miss it!

ryjam282
10-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Trent Green HOF? What has he done? The only thing he is known for is getting hurt and giving Kurt Warner millions of dollars and a SB ring.

colin
10-05-2004, 07:25 AM
You need to go to reading comprehension classes. Find a post where I said it was all Drew's fault for our losses. Find one. Wait, let me save you the trouble. You can't. So make more false accusations if you want, it won't change the fact that you are wrong in my case.

Cynical's perfect football game = serve + volley + touchdown