PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about the Jets

justasportsfan
10-05-2004, 09:17 AM
They run the WCO.

I say concentrate on stopping the run and short passes and dare Chad to test Clements and Mcgee.

This means Wire will be tested again.Sit Coy and put in either Proileau or Baker. I know Baker is raw but the kid can hit and I doubt he can do any worse than Coy.

Run the ball 50 times. That should minimize Drews chances of losing the game for us. No it's not all his fault but anyone can see that he's at his worse when pressured and since our OL has shown we can't protect him, don't put the game on Drews shoulder. We throw only when attempting to go deep and let our wr's make the plays.

This is a very winnable game. Another division game.

lunatic_bills_fan
10-05-2004, 09:39 AM
The Key will be stopping the passiong game. They have an above average O-line, but I believe our front 7 can keep C-Mart in check. So far this season, you have to think any coach in this league knows the way to get to this defence now is to go after Coy Wire. I believe our CB's can hang with their WR's, but Pennington sells Play Action very well, and that is where Wire is gonna have to step up. I honestly think our Offence will have a productive day against the Jets zone D. Travis Henry should break 125 on these guys.

Attackett
10-05-2004, 11:13 AM
The Key will be stopping the passiong game. They have an above average O-line, but I believe our front 7 can keep C-Mart in check. So far this season, you have to think any coach in this league knows the way to get to this defence now is to go after Coy Wire. I believe our CB's can hang with their WR's, but Pennington sells Play Action very well, and that is where Wire is gonna have to step up. I honestly think our Offence will have a productive day against the Jets zone D. Travis Henry should break 125 on these guys.

You do realize our run D is much improved from last year. They haven't given up 100 yards to anyone yet and with Bledsoe at QB there isn't much of a threat through the air. So I would say that 125 yards for Henry is overly optimistic. But judging from some of the posts I've been reading about the Bills chances for this year It doesn't suprise me.

Drewpac
10-05-2004, 11:20 AM
They run the WCO.

I say concentrate on stopping the run and short passes and dare Chad to test Clements and Mcgee.

This means Wire will be tested again.Sit Coy and put in either Proileau or Baker. I know Baker is raw but the kid can hit and I doubt he can do any worse than Coy.

Run the ball 50 times. That should minimize Drews chances of losing the game for us. No it's not all his fault but anyone can see that he's at his worse when pressured and since our OL has shown we can't protect him, don't put the game on Drews shoulder. We throw only when attempting to go deep and let our wr's make the plays.

This is a very winnable game. Another division game.

Good analysis. We must force the Jets to beat us deep. Our defensive philosophy should be similar to what we implemented against the Pats. Now we just have to stop the deep ball and we could keep this game close. I'm gonna go with Jets 20, Bills 10.

BleedinGreenNC
10-05-2004, 11:44 AM
The Key will be stopping the passiong game. They have an above average O-line, but I believe our front 7 can keep C-Mart in check. So far this season, you have to think any coach in this league knows the way to get to this defence now is to go after Coy Wire. I believe our CB's can hang with their WR's, but Pennington sells Play Action very well, and that is where Wire is gonna have to step up. I honestly think our Offence will have a productive day against the Jets zone D. Travis Henry should break 125 on these guys. Nothing against Henry, he is a good RB, but we kept Tomlinson in check the whole game and he is a much better back. I do agree that you have to shut down Martin, that will test Pennington and his arm, and i do believe he will test your secondary. Overall i think this will be a great game, i have always enjoyed the games between the two teams. And i also think that the Bills are better than their record and they are better than the Dolphins!!

ryjam282
10-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Bottom line, we need to smash the ball down there throats and use Drew for short to intermediate routes. The occasional bomb but use the hell out of Henry and Willis. C Mart will go nowhere against us. I am not worried. Our DT's are plenty sufficient to stop things up the gut.

lunatic_bills_fan
10-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Nothing against Henry, he is a good RB, but we kept Tomlinson in check the whole game and he is a much better back. I do agree that you have to shut down Martin, that will test Pennington and his arm, and i do believe he will test your secondary. Overall i think this will be a great game, i have always enjoyed the games between the two teams. And i also think that the Bills are better than their record and they are better than the Dolphins!!
I understand, the only difference is no matter how bad bledsoe seems, dont try and tell me you give as much respect to Brees and Chargers WR's as you do to Buffalo's. Anyone who plays San Diego keys against LT. Moulds and Evans can do a lot more damage than Caldwell and whoever can.