PDA

View Full Version : Bad news. We suck. But I don't care, and here's why.

Rude American
10-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Because I've lost interest altogethwer. I'm not into football this year one iota. I've really been turned off the last couple seasons because of those big apes running around like idiots after a tackle. Or TO doing sit-ups? What a f'in AH. I really wish someone had gone over and put his foot on the guy's chect so he couldn't get up.

Football has become the least classy sporty. It's makes basketball players look like civilized geniuses. Hoops' worst offenders don't act that way.

FU, football!

Earthquake Enyart
10-05-2004, 10:18 AM
You ought to get a free shot at anybody who struts, dances, or has some other sort of "routine", with no penalty.

Drewpac
10-05-2004, 10:35 AM
You ought to get a free shot at anybody who struts, dances, or has some other sort of "routine", with no penalty.

Come on. Is that how you really felt during Bruce and Cornelius' sack dances? That kind of stuff pumps the crowd up. It's just unfortunate that we don't have much to dance about anymore.

Iehoshua
10-05-2004, 10:53 AM
It's just unfortunate that we don't have much to dance about anymore.

Exactly what I was thinking as I read this threads first post.... :sad:

mybills
10-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Does this mean you won't be posting on this football site any more? :bigwave:

Rude American
10-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Does this mean you won't be posting on this football site any more? :bigwave:

No. I will, just to spite you.

Ebenezer
10-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Because I've lost interest altogethwer. I'm not into football this year one iota. I've really been turned off the last couple seasons because of those big apes running around like idiots after a tackle. Or TO doing sit-ups? What a f'in AH. I really wish someone had gone over and put his foot on the guy's chect so he couldn't get up.

Football has become the least classy sporty. It's makes basketball players look like civilized geniuses. Hoops' worst offenders don't act that way.

FU, football!
enjoy the NHL this year!!

finsrclowns
10-05-2004, 12:24 PM
I agree that excessive celebrations over routine tackles is annoying. Having said that, the NFL is still BY FAR the best professional sports league. Every team has an equal chance, the game itself is exciting and every game means a lot, which makes 0-3 even more depressing. But I will continue to care.

Rude American
10-05-2004, 02:27 PM
enjoy the NHL this year!!

Will do! :up:

Earthquake Enyart
10-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Come on. Is that how you really felt during Bruce and Cornelius' sack dances? That kind of stuff pumps the crowd up. It's just unfortunate that we don't have much to dance about anymore.
I never liked that either.

HenryRules
10-05-2004, 09:32 PM
I don't mind when people celebrate when they've earned it.

What annoys the hell out of me is things like DB's celebrating after their guy gets a catch and they hit him hard or similar events. If the other guy makes the damned play and you hit him, he's the one that showed you up. Cause a fumble and then you can strut.