X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewpac
    • Jul 2002

When did you "turn" on Bledsoe?

I'll start. I officially jumped off the Bledsoe bandwagon on 12/8/02 after Buffalo's 2nd loss to NE. It was the first game that we lost solely because of Bledsoe. I remember him throwing that interception in the endzone directly at the Pats player and thinking, "This dude just cannot handle the pressure. He cannot make a sound decision in 'crunchtime.'"

I officially moved into the "hater" column two weeks later at GB. That game is, to this day, the most putrid game I have ever seen a QB play. We were still mathematically in the Wild Card hunt and he couldn't lead our offense to a single score against a very mediocre Packers defense. I think he lost like 4 fumbles and was sacked 10 times. I will always remember it as the true birth of Bledsoe's "Statue" phase.

Forgive me for beating a dead horse, but I'm incredibly bored. So tell me, when did you "turn" on Bledsoe?
  • Rude American
    EE is my American Idol
    • Jul 2002

I haven't. I still like him. But I don't see too many games.... none, actually. But we suck as a whole. It aint just him.
    You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

I was at Lambeau for the GB game. Very friggin' cold! I honestly thought we had a decent chance to win, until Bledsoe found a way to fumble. Throwing a pick into the endzone to Darren Sharper (who got laid out and injured for being a dummy and taking it out) early in the game didn't help either.

I don't think there is one point in time where I "joined the Dark Side", it's been more of a progression. I think my hate was in full swing in late '03. My stance since the end of last season has been that he is finished as a QB for us. I believe it would take the tutelage of Parcells himself to save Drew at this point.

Comment

• Drewpac
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Rude American
        I haven't. I still like him. But I don't see too many games.... none, actually. But we suck as a whole. It aint just him.
        Sorry, but how do you know that we suck as a whole if you don't watch any games? (though I agree that we suck in many areas besides QB play)

And I haven't turned on Drew personally. He seems like a great guy. I just hate him as a football player.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Drewpac
          Sorry, but how do you know that we suck as a whole if you don't watch any games? (though I agree that we suck in many areas besides QB play)

And I haven't turned on Drew personally. He seems like a great guy. I just hate him as a football player.
          I agree, without seeing games your opinion is baseless.

I also agree that Drew is a great guy. Off the field seems like he's an outstanding human being.

On the field, it's just not there anymore.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Third quarter of the Raider game is the first time the thought crossed my head to pull him.

Comment

• Valerie
              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
              • Jul 2002

I never really had any feelings for him one way or the other. He was here and the quarterback, so I supported him. He's still here and right now I don't see any alternatives. There seems to be a lack of really good quarterbacks nowadays, I don't think it's just Drew.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
              The only answer I found for all this hurt
              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Valerie
                There seems to be a lack of really good quarterbacks nowadays, I don't think it's just Drew.
                Absolutely true! Great ones are very rare.

I do believe we have a great one on the roster now recovering from a broken leg.

I believe!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Two days ago.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

3rd Quarter of the Raiders game. It hit me like a ton of bricks...

He just doesnt have it...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I never wanted him here from the beginning there were a few others with me on that, only one I can think of was Wys, but there were others too....So I officially jumped off the Bledsoe wagon before it began??
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                        • Sep 2004

Havent given up on him yet, i gave up on the offensive line after week 1 though, i think there alot worse than the QB, and our defense can't stop big and long 4th and 3rd downs, pass coverage is terrible, its def. not just drew bledsoe, i think its easy to blame it on the QB but not in the Bills case. Sure hes played way below expectiations, but remeber drew doesnt play defense.

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

Dont lose sight that the score was 17-31, but the offense STILL only scored 10 points. That will NOT get it done in the NFL

Comment

• finsrclowns
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Drewpac
                            I officially moved into the "hater" column two weeks later at GB. That game is, to this day, the most putrid game I have ever seen a QB play. We were still mathematically in the Wild Card hunt and he couldn't lead our offense to a single score against a very mediocre Packers defense. I think he lost like 4 fumbles and was sacked 10 times. I will always remember it as the true birth of Bledsoe's "Statue" phase.
                            That game turned you on Bledsoe? They don't cancel football games because of weather, but if they did that game might have been called because of cold. Check out Favre's stats from that game, pretty similar to Bledsoe, both pathetic. The funny thing was, Favre was picked and we were about to run back what would have been the games only TD but the refs choked the call and said it wasn't a catch and then blew the whistle. GB scored the only TD shortly after that.
                            finsrclowns

Comment

• ryjam282
                              Offical Billszone Starting QB
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                              3rd Quarter of the Raiders game. It hit me like a ton of bricks...

He just doesnt have it...

I have to agree. That is when my hatred started brewing.

Ryan Withey
                              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
                              X