PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news !!!! ricky williams to return

shotgun
10-05-2004, 03:55 PM
ESPN. botton line : Hank goldburg reports that ricky williams has requsted a hearing with the nfl to return to the fins this season

gun

Ebenezer
10-05-2004, 04:05 PM
ESPN. botton line : Hank goldburg reports that ricky williams has requsted a hearing with the nfl to return to the fins this season

gun
um...he might have a problem with the drug tests...he'll say that the 4 games he missed were the drug suspension...

Rude American
10-05-2004, 04:08 PM
um...he might have a problem with the drug tests...he'll say that the 4 games he missed were the drug suspension...

I hope they don't let that headcase mophead back in.

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2004, 04:31 PM
I hope they don't let that headcase mophead back in.
I agree. I've enjoyed watching the Dolphins suck anyway (along with us :()

RedEyE
10-05-2004, 04:43 PM
He's an idiot. He made a mockery of the NFL, a mockery of the system, not to mention he has completely humiliated the Dolphins and himself.

The Dolphins should make him come crawling and begging back. Make him apologize to his team, the fans and make him restructure his entire contract for vet minimum.

Kolbiss
10-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Actually, he is just trying to find out what his status for returning would be. If he comes back, he would probably face a suspension the rest of the year anyway.

TigerJ
10-05-2004, 05:28 PM
I heard just a little bit on WGR afout that. Peter King was talking about that, though I did not hear him directly. Basically he is seeking to undo his retirement this season so he can serve his suspension in the present season and be free to play with a team next season.

No one really thinks he has really changes his mind about not liking football. It is universally assumed that he miscalculated Miami's ability to go after the bonus that they had paid him but he really didn't earn because he retired. His pockets were suddenly feeling very empty, and it costs money for a steady supply of pot. The question is, knowing that he really hates football and is only in it to finance his future illicit drug bill, is his earning power going to be anywhere near what it was when he signed with Miami? My guess is he won't have any takers willing to pay him more than a million a year, with little or no bonus money. Can't say that I feel all that sympathetic.

Jayhawk
10-05-2004, 05:41 PM
sent him to a team that blows, or cut off his pot.

shelby
10-05-2004, 06:43 PM
:curse: (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/reputation.php?p=772520)

Jayhawk
10-05-2004, 08:20 PM
go read phinsheaven, they are loving this. don't know why, but they are phins fans so they have a lack of taste.

Charlieguide
10-05-2004, 10:38 PM
NFL Live opened with this. You might be able to catch one of the re-broadcasts.

They agree that the fish would never take him back, and will probably trade his rights, or sign him only to trade him. They also agree that he'll probably cost no more than a 2nd round pick, given the uncertainty of his future. They made quite a joke of the pot thing; to paraphrase: 'He suddenly realized that he can't smoke it if he can't pay for it, and he can't pay for it unless he plays.'

If that's anything near his thought process, he's an absolute loser. Talk about selling your soul!