PDA

View Full Version : It was half-time and 17-17

HenryRules
10-05-2004, 11:18 PM
This week was really a shocker to me as to how far my thoughts of the Bills have plummetted. It was half-time, we were tied and playing at home, and I couldn't help but think, "How are we going to lose this one now?".

Even back in that 3-13 season, I would be thinking, "We've still got a chance, let's see what happens". I'd never have figured that we'd lose if we were tied at half at home. Now, that 3-13 team was bad, and my optimism may have been misplaced, but I was thinking that since we had been a winning team in the past few years, we still had some guys with that attitude.

Right now, even if we're up going into the 4th quarter, I'd still be expecting someone to come up with a bonehead play ... this is like the early-mid 80s.

juice
10-05-2004, 11:30 PM
This week was really a shocker to me as to how far my thoughts of the Bills have plummetted. It was half-time, we were tied and playing at home, and I couldn't help but think, "How are we going to lose this one now?".

Even back in that 3-13 season, I would be thinking, "We've still got a chance, let's see what happens". I'd never have figured that we'd lose if we were tied at half at home. Now, that 3-13 team was bad, and my optimism may have been misplaced, but I was thinking that since we had been a winning team in the past few years, we still had some guys with that attitude.

Right now, even if we're up going into the 4th quarter, I'd still be expecting someone to come up with a bonehead play ... this is like the early-mid 80s.
It should have been 17-10 going into the half.. Coy Wire effect.

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Shoulda woulda coulda....bottom line is the offense has still only managed 10 pts per game this year and that isn't going to win games.

ajsdx
10-05-2004, 11:49 PM

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking, except I wasn't really singling out anyone. I was thinking that we should be winning by more, but that at least we have a chance to win. Even though I wasn't going to bet that we would.

im4bflo
10-05-2004, 11:56 PM
This year is like no other I can remember, I expect this team to do MUCH better than they're showing us, it's unbelievable.
Like you were saying, back when we were 3-13, you knew what to expect, and hoped for the best, but this is much tougher.
It's so frustrating to see us play this stupidly, I mean, we BILLSfans have thick skin, from a lot of tough years, but this one's real tough to take.
A win would feel so good, and now's the time. The Jets and Fish, both very possible wins. LET'S GO, BUF-FA-LO...!!!
GO BILLS!!! :bow: :clap:

StillLurkin
10-06-2004, 02:49 AM
at halftime i went out for a smoke and was talking to a few guys, unfortunatley we all agreed that it would fall apart in the 4th. how you finish is what seperates a good team from a bad one. :sad:

Pride
10-06-2004, 07:48 AM
So its YOUR fault! Whew!!! Finally! Someone to blame! haha

:jk:

Tatonka
10-06-2004, 08:46 AM
i was thinking that the defense wouldnt hold and drew would turn the ball over..

looks like i was a prophet

Hemlepp53
10-06-2004, 08:53 AM
I was impressed and holding my head high with the thoughts of defeat far away. I'm one of the Bills fans that no matter the score if its possible we can do it. I was in my Willis Maghee Jersey running around the house and out the front door to shout sh** at every FIN faN on my block... We did good and far better than any of the SO CALLED Professionals thought. We gave them boys a run for the money... Im a proud Bills fan win or lose.. i just seem to shine a bit more after a win. But nonetheless I never give up hope... 2 - 3 touchdowns... its possible in my eyes... we are never out and never a loss until that 4th quater clock runs out... or drew trips ... LoL..

Drewpac
10-06-2004, 09:13 AM
I kept wondering when they were going to blow it. Frankly, I was impressed they kept it close until the end. But as soon as we went down by 7 in the fourth quarter I knew it was over. The only thing that was going to get us back in the game was a defensive or special teams TD at that point. This is how bad our offense has become.

Also, remember that our offense would have only scored 3 points if not for the lucky play by Moorman.

Earthquake Enyart
10-06-2004, 10:03 AM
I thought "hey, we're tied and we get the ball."