PDA

View Full Version : Parameters for Jennings are established

clumping platelets
10-06-2004, 02:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1895783

ESPN.com has learned that the Super Bowl champions have reached agreement on a six-year contract extension for starting offensive tackle Matt Light, a deal that runs through the 2010 season. The extension is worth $27 million and includes total bonus money of $9 million.

Light has 2 Super Bowl rings (maybe 3 come February). I cannot imagine Jennings and his agent even considering asking for more or the Bills coming close to offering more

NapalmDeath
10-06-2004, 03:59 AM
Jennings cannot stay healthy for an entire season. I say let him go to Atlanta, hang out with Peerless and fade away into oblivion.

Ickybaluky
10-06-2004, 05:43 AM
Kareem McKenzie of the Jets is also reportedly close to a 5-Yr extension with a $10M SB. Kyle Clifton of GB received an $11M SB on a 7 year extension.

Earthquake Enyart
10-06-2004, 06:18 AM
I wouldn't offer Jennings half of what Light got.

Big M
10-06-2004, 06:22 AM
Jennings cannot stay healthy for an entire season. I say let him go to Atlanta, hang out with Peerless and fade away into oblivion.

Agree 100 % . He is NOT worth the big $$ based on his play and inability to stay healthy.

don137
10-06-2004, 07:05 AM
As far as LT goes Jennings is in the bottom half in the league based on quality of play and durability. It is a big strain on an OL when the anchor of the line is not durable. Light IMO is a better LT.
I am hoping McNally can straighten MW out and make him good enough to play LT next year. I feel Jennings is a decent LT but will get more than what he deserves.

finsrclowns
10-06-2004, 07:33 AM
That's too bad. I was eyeing Light to replace Jennings.

Pride
10-06-2004, 07:37 AM
As far as LT goes Jennings is in the bottom half in the league based on quality of play and durability. It is a big strain on an OL when the anchor of the line is not durable. Light IMO is a better LT.
I am hoping McNally can straighten MW out and make him good enough to play LT next year. I feel Jennings is a decent LT but will get more than what he deserves.
Can we get McNally to get MW to play Right Tackle this year? He must have spent the summer working in the NYC subway system, because he looks very much like a turnstyle

TigerJ
10-06-2004, 07:48 AM
It was not a through study by any means, but I sampled the career stats of a few starting left tackles on NFL.com. Most were quite durable, but Chad Clifton (not Kyle, NE) was pretty comparable to Jennings prior to last season when he started all 16 games. In his first three years he was in a total of 37 games and started 32 games. Jennings started all 38 games for which he was active in his first three seasons. He is in his fourth season now. I'm not saying what Jennings should or shouldn't get. I just thought I'd add a little data to the debate.

ryjam282
10-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Damn, I was eyeing Light too...I don't know what to say about Jennings, he looks decent sometimes and then just gets hurt...I will wait out the season to make my judgement.

Hemlepp53
10-06-2004, 08:08 AM
I will wait out the season to make my judgement.

Excatly ryjam... I too will wait until the season is over before making a judgement. If we do allow him to remain on board he has to step up his game and get a bit more phyical and phyically fit. The injury factor is a major deturant when it comes to signing big money OL players. We need them to play hard, play phyical, and stay healthy. I'm not sure what MW is going to do but for the money spent and time invested he needs to figure out what the hell he wants from us and himself in the near future. I said it once and I will say it again.. I am happy with the Coaching staff changes more or less. I do think things could be ran a bit more smoothly but hey.... its still a pretty new crew and a new coaching staff and players need to GEL and feel out eachothers ability and expectations.... I think Mcnally will have them boys step it up or come offseason I'm sure he will speak up and play a role into who does what and who starts where. Only time will tell but I do not think the money being offered else where in the Leauge is what should be evaluated for players on our current roster in the OL spots. They want more money we want more time and harder game play...