PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought, Haters please don’t kill me.

Patrick76777
10-06-2004, 08:17 AM
We’ve been in every game. We’ve played 2 teams that look very strong and one team who looks average. But we’re 0-3.

If, and I know it’s a big IF, but if we can somehow win in NY on Sunday, maybe we can make a little run!

Let’s look at the Schedule

At NYJ - Very solid team no doubt, but they’ve had a very soft schedule, maybe we can take them.
Miami – This team is terrible. We should be able to beat them at home.
At Baltimore – A game I had as a loss, but now we find out that the struggling Ravens may be without their ONLY offensive weapon for that game. It’ll still be tough but the game just became winnable.
Arizona – Playing better but it’s Arizona!

4-3 with a home game against the Jets coming up!

I know it’s wishful thinking and I’m not really holding out hope but it’s nice to think about.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-06-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm on board for that!

Ebenezer
10-06-2004, 08:22 AM
We’ve been in every game. We’ve played 2 teams that look very strong and one team who looks average. But we’re 0-3.

If, and I know it’s a big IF, but if we can somehow win in NY on Sunday, maybe we can make a little run!

At NYJ - Very solid team no doubt, but they’ve had a very soft schedule, maybe we can take them.
At Baltimore – A game I had as a loss, but now we find out that the struggling Ravens may be without their ONLY offensive weapon for that game. It’ll still be tough but the game just became winnable.

I know it’s wishful thinking and I’m not really holding out hope but it’s nice to think about.
I'll take 3-4, that is possible, probable? we'll have to see

...Baltimore is just one of those logical loses...

Patrick76777
10-06-2004, 08:24 AM
I just don't think the AFC looks very strong this year. unlike last year 10 wins should get you in and maybe even 9 with Tie breakers.

Hemlepp53
10-06-2004, 08:28 AM

:dance: I stated post draft here on the boards that I thought Buffalo could go 10 - 6 with a possible playoff apperance. What you mentioned could happen I for one believe we ahve the weapons on defense and offense to do it. Sh** I think if we are healthy in our starter spots and if we begin to play better as a team and slow down game play and knock out the offsides and bullcrap mistakes like that which cost us some serious oppertunities in the first 3 weeks we might be a force to face this season yet. Good post I love to see positive threads espically since what has been going on with us so far this season...

Earthquake Enyart
10-06-2004, 09:04 AM
We need to win the next two just to have a pulse.

chernobylwraiths
10-06-2004, 09:08 AM

Well, the next one at least and Miami is a must win. I would like to see them WIN one late and not see them screw it up.

Drewpac
10-06-2004, 09:16 AM
What do you mean by "Haters"? I think every Bills fan on this site, regardless of how we feel about the direction of this team, wants us to win and make the playoffs. As bad as we've been, I'll continue to be hopeful until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Patrick76777
10-06-2004, 09:19 AM
What do you mean by "Haters"? I think every Bills fan on this site, regardless of how we feel about the direction of this team, wants us to win and make the playoffs. As bad as we've been, I'll continue to be hopeful until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

No you're wrong! Had I not put that in the title, I would have been hit and may still be hit with 5 or 6 posts saying I'm off my rocker and I'm on drugs and that the Bills are terrible and will be lucky to win 3 games all year.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2004, 09:23 AM
I'd like to see us start winning, also. But so far we have been the most mindless, clueless, witless and stupidist team in the NFL. I hope we can grow brains, find discipline, learn to focus and develop some calm under pressure soon, but since we haven't shown any of that in 3 or 4 years now, I really doubt that we will.

I have set my expectations for this team very low, in the 2-4 total win range. It makes the pathetic losses week after week easier to bear. And if we do manage a win here and there, it will be a pleasant surprise and cause for celebration.

TigerJ
10-06-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm hoping.

finsrclowns
10-06-2004, 01:19 PM
I was just having this conversation this morning. It's going to be tough to win Sunday. I honestly think our game last year in the Meadowlands was our worst of the year, and that's saying something. It was the worst because the Jets were without Pennington , they were 1-3, had Abraham out and we didn't show up. Both sides of the ball get manhandled. Sam Adams and Ron Edwards were out for us and every time the Jets ran they'd go to where ever Bannan/Sape lined up and it wasn't pretty. That was the game I first gave up completely on GW because Pukecillo got mauled and he still started him the next game.

Sometimes when you're scuffling you need to get a little lucky. So far the breaks have gone the other way. To beat the Jets away we'll need to play well and get a call or a couple turnovers at the right time. But if we do manage a win it could give the team the boost it needs to win a few in a row. But let's get this one and then we'll see.

northernbillfan
10-06-2004, 01:44 PM
As much as I'd liek to see the Bills go on a run, it would have been easier with a victory against the Patsies. That loss knocked the wind out of their sails.

That being said, I think Buffalo can take the Jets. Even though they are beat up.

Typ0
10-06-2004, 02:20 PM
The recipe looks simple to me...add one dash of Lawyer Malloy and we can win games. Without him we are so pathetically weak in the DS we can't stay competetive.

Patrick76777
10-06-2004, 02:24 PM
The recipe looks simple to me...add one dash of Lawyer Malloy and we can win games. Without him we are so pathetically weak in the DS we can't stay competetive.

I agree.

illusionone
10-06-2004, 03:22 PM

I'll by into that.....

FTG
10-06-2004, 04:24 PM
We should win the Miami and Az games @ home. If we can pull off 1 of the 2 road games I'd be happy.

SABURZFAN
10-06-2004, 07:01 PM

i can see 0-7 being more realistic. :mad:

SABURZFAN
10-06-2004, 07:02 PM

i don't see it happening.

WagonCircler
10-06-2004, 07:09 PM

Is he back this week?

Dozerdog
10-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Let's concentrate on winning 1 first. One game at a time

finsrclowns
10-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Let's concentrate on winning 1 first. One game at a time

Excellent point. A few other things to consider: (couldn't resist)

*We've got to play a full 60 minutes.

*It's a game of inches.

*The team that wins is the one that wants it the most.

*We may be underdogs on paper, but the games aren't played on paper.

*Those guys put their pants on just like we do, one leg at a time.

*We just need to step up this week.

*The Bills need to come together as a team.

*You make a few plays, and pretty soon everyone's on the same page.

(add your own....)

HenryRules
10-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Excellent point. A few other things to consider: (couldn't resist)

*We've got to play a full 60 minutes.

*It's a game of inches.

*The team that wins is the one that wants it the most.

*We may be underdogs on paper, but the games aren't played on paper.

*Those guys put their pants on just like we do, one leg at a time.

*We just need to step up this week.

*The Bills need to come together as a team.

*You make a few plays, and pretty soon everyone's on the same page.

(add your own....)

These mistakes are correctable.

I think Mularkey is trying to create his own cliche.

BillsNick
10-07-2004, 01:10 AM
Dude, I honestly agree with you. :up:

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2004, 04:43 AM
No you're wrong! Had I not put that in the title, I would have been hit and may still be hit with 5 or 6 posts saying I'm off my rocker and I'm on drugs and that the Bills are terrible and will be lucky to win 3 games all year.
You're off your rocker and you're on drugs and the Bills are terrible and will be lucky to win 3 games all year.

:jk: