X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills accuse Patriots LB Wilfork of taking cheap shots

Buffalo's Jonas Jennings and Chris Villarrial accused New England Patriots linebacker Vince Wilfork of taking cheap shots at them.

Bills tackle Jennings said Wednesday that he was still feeling a little lightheaded after sustaining a concussion, the result of a helmet-to-helmet hit from Wilfork behind the play in New England's 31-17 victory Sunday. Jennings said he was blindsided, and that the collision cracked his helmet near the jaw.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Interesting article, but there is always battles like this being fought in the trenches.

It's kind of funny how much the game has changed. Lineman used to be the toughest in the league, and now they're whining to the press about losing certain battles.

Comment

• finsrclowns
      • Apr 2004

Wilfolk is a DT not a LB. Jennings does sound like he's whining a bit. On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing a replay of the play he get conked on to see if he has a beef.

But there is no place for kicking a player on the ground. The Bills should send a tape of that to the league and Wilfolk will no doubt be fined for that. And don't think for a minute Villarrial will forget it when we see NE again.
      finsrclowns

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
        Wilfolk is a DT not a LB. Jennings does sound like he's whining a bit. On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing a replay of the play he get conked on to see if he has a beef.

But there is no place for kicking a player on the ground. The Bills should send a tape of that to the league and Wilfolk will no doubt be fined for that. And don't think for a minute Villarrial will forget it when we see NE again.
        There's no way the Bills should let this rookie get away with that. That's what I mean about the poor officiating. I remember Euhas I think it was get knocked down way after the play by Willie McGinnis right in front of the official. When the official didn't do anything, and Euhas had is hands in the air, McGinnis walked right into his face and clapped his hands, in essence taunting him. I just don't understand it. I have never seen the Baker offsides on the field goal which was as big a play as any in the game. Two missed fumbles, a missed roughing the passer on Fletcher (or should I say they missed the fact that he didn't) and I just can't believe that we are that inept in pass rush that we didn't get a sniff of Brady even while blitzing 6 without any holds.

By the way, they showed the hit Jennings took in superslow motion and it looked really harmless. But that was the only view of it I saw. As I said before, CBS is pathetic at showing replays.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

maybe the ****ing line should stop crying like a bunch of *****es and play some football.. trying blocking someone instead of pissing and moaning..
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

great avatar chern..

eb is gonna ****
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• NapalmDeath
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by finsrclowns

I like that idea.

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

**** the Patriots and their ****ing paid referees. The Bills should send the "kicking" tape to the league office and get that rookie fined.

And you know what? Next time we face it's going to ****ing war.

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  maybe the ****ing line should stop crying like a bunch of *****es and play some football.. trying blocking someone instead of pissing and moaning..
                  I agree completely ... I remember when linemen were supposed to be the tough guys on the team. "He kicked me", "he hit me late", blah, blah, blah ... I remember having no respect for the guys on my teams that always complained about/to the refs - I doubt much changes when you get to the NFL.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

great avatar chern..

eb is gonna ****
                    Thanks man. I'm going back to my other one tomorrow. I just saw Mr. Cynical with it this morning and thought it would look funny if we all posted in the same thread, but you guys don't leave the Bills forum much.

Besides, Eb didn't have a clue until LOG said something and only then did he look. He has avatars turned off.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
                        I agree completely ... I remember when linemen were supposed to be the tough guys on the team. "He kicked me", "he hit me late", blah, blah, blah ... I remember having no respect for the guys on my teams that always complained about/to the refs - I doubt much changes when you get to the NFL.
                        Well, I think the only reason he complained was the fact that he missed the rest of the game from the cheap shot. I'm sure you wouldn't have heard anything if he didn't miss any time. He brought up Vilarrial because V told him after that he was kicked while he was down. It's not like they are whining, they are pissed because they missed time and our line was worse because of it. Isn't THAT legitimate enough for you?

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                          Well, I think the only reason he complained was the fact that he missed the rest of the game from the cheap shot. I'm sure you wouldn't have heard anything if he didn't miss any time. He brought up Vilarrial because V told him after that he was kicked while he was down. It's not like they are whining, they are pissed because they missed time and our line was worse because of it. Isn't THAT legitimate enough for you?

Man you tell that **** to Deacon Jones and he's guaranteed to head slap you.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE
                            Man you tell that **** to Deacon Jones and he's guaranteed to head slap you.
                            They all got away with a lot more those days.

Is is a coincedence that the line looked a lot crappier when two of the starters were out? All I'm saying is he wanted to go back in and maybe repay with some retribution to the rook and wasn't allowed. He was pissed that he was taken out of the game with what was considered a cheap shot and you guys are jumping on the guy that was knocked out of the game and not the guy who did the dirty play? Are you guys Bills fans or what? New England has one of the dirties players in the game on their team already in Rodney Harrision.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                              They all got away with a lot more those days.

Is is a coincedence that the line looked a lot crappier when two of the starters were out? All I'm saying is he wanted to go back in and maybe repay with some retribution to the rook and wasn't allowed. He was pissed that he was taken out of the game with what was considered a cheap shot and you guys are jumping on the guy that was knocked out of the game and not the guy who did the dirty play? Are you guys Bills fans or what? New England has one of the dirties players in the game on their team already in Rodney Harrision.

Well I'm hoping that they just get pissed and bring it hard in NE. Right or wrong, it's done, and I really don't want to hear any whining out of a 300+ lb lineman. Balls to the wall. Get yourself back out the and **** em up.

The Upshaws and the DeLamielleures from days of old most certainly would have.

Comment

Working...
                              X