PDA

View Full Version : IMHO They don't have to be WIDE open,

im4bflo
10-06-2004, 11:46 PM
I've lately in the last few years, wondered why passes weren't thrown unless the receiver was wide open, why not let your probowl WR make a play for the ball, Moulds I believe could make a play on a ball with a CB next to him, the other great WR's do, I believe he could to, but isn't given enough chances.
It's like we won't throw it unless the WR is WIDEopen, give your playmakers a chance to make a great play, it's better than taking a sack, when you're in the position we are now, just give the studs a chance to be on ESPN, making the great catch, there's no chance if they don't get the rock!
GO BILLS!!! :bow:

Marvelous
10-07-2004, 01:56 AM
Great post. :dance:
I agree 100% we don't get the ball to Moulds enough. As far as Drew waiting well that's just Drews pocket problems. Fluuite used to just toss is up to Moulds more then often Moulds would make the play. 10 catches last week was nice but
we all know what he does when he has some running room in front of him. You would think Bledsoe would have more faith in Moulds. I do

northernbillfan
10-07-2004, 04:04 AM
What I find funny is when announcers say that "inert receiver here" is thrown to, they blame the QB for throwing into double and even triple coverage. It's not the QBs fault for trying to hit "Moulds" for example, when he's sort of open. In a one on one situation I'd try to hit Moulds, or any of the leagues elite WRs. What it boils down to is the other DB who makes the adjustments to get in on the play, hence the double coverage.

That being said, that is one of Drew's faults. He likes to lock onto a receiver without looking at the rest of the field. DB's read that and key in on Bledsoe's target. At that point it's tool ate for Drew to make the adjustment and he's caught either eating the ball, or tossing one up.

Drewpac
10-07-2004, 10:31 AM
What I find funny is when announcers say that "inert receiver here" is thrown to, they blame the QB for throwing into double and even triple coverage.

By nature an "inert" receiver is rarely open. I assume you are talking about Josh Reed. :;

At that point it's tool ate for Drew to make the adjustment and he's caught either eating the ball, or tossing one up.

And I agree that Drew has been eating a lot of "tool" lately. That's why I've been calling for his benching.