PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tatonka

northernbillfan
10-07-2004, 04:41 AM
In this weeks roundtable, tatonka is a guest and I caught this gem of a quote. It sums up my feelings for Drew, although I have a tad more hope.

He can’t help himself. He doesn’t help this team. He is a "don’t lose the game" QB who loses games.

Well said. Time to move on to something better.

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2004, 04:45 AM
Well, you all know how I've felt about Drew since midway of the '03 season so it is a foregone conclusion I agree. My 1,623,342 posts on the subject prove I don't flip flop on that one. :;

NapalmDeath
10-07-2004, 04:50 AM
So, activate Zoloman off the Practice squad???

Tatonka
10-07-2004, 08:14 AM
thanks man!

:bravo:

Ebenezer
10-07-2004, 08:25 AM
thanks man!

:bravo:
I thought it was the best one yet!

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-07-2004, 08:59 AM
I like to get into arguments with Tatonka at times, but the dude knows his s***. (stuff)

chernobylwraiths
10-07-2004, 09:59 AM
I thought it was the best one yet!

Thanks a lot! :;

Tatonka
10-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I like to get into arguments with Tatonka at times, but the dude knows his s***. (stuff)

that is why eb included my statement about tom brady being a rookie when he won his first superbowl..

he did that to discredit me and smear my name!!

seriously though.. thanks.. that is why i love this board.. there are tons of smart posters.. i would say that the majority of people here really know their stuff well.. which is why there are so many great debates around here.

chernobylwraiths
10-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I think you guys were a little too critical of the Oline. I don't think they suck as bad as it was being made out to look like. I thought Drew had time on Sunday until it was almost over. I can't call MW a bust, overrated but not a bust. I wouldn't mind seeing him move to guard if he can't handle the speed of the outside. It is WAY too early to say the Vilarrial pickup was a bad move too. I have agreed that we have needed a good center now. I would have liked up to pick Jake Grove in the second instead of picking Losman.

Lastly, wasn't Vernon Carey a name mentioned as a possible pick for Buffalo in the first or second round before the draft? He is starting his first game (because of injury) and was inactive for his other games.

chernobylwraiths
10-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Nice roundtable btw. It is good to get a little back and forth instead of everyone agreeing. I was saying that to Eb yesterday. He didn't want to do it, but I thought picking people who have opposing views makes for better copy. I think the discussion last night bore that out.

Tatonka
10-07-2004, 12:15 PM
you saying that me and juice should do one?

:rofl:

chernobylwraiths
10-07-2004, 01:00 PM
you saying that me and juice should do one?

:rofl:

Well, it certainly would be entertaining. :D

R. Rich
10-07-2004, 01:19 PM
I think you guys were a little too critical of the Oline. I don't think they suck as bad as it was being made out to look like. I thought Drew had time on Sunday until it was almost over. I can't call MW a bust, overrated but not a bust. I wouldn't mind seeing him move to guard if he can't handle the speed of the outside. It is WAY too early to say the Vilarrial pickup was a bad move too. I have agreed that we have needed a good center now. I would have liked up to pick Jake Grove in the second instead of picking Losman.

Lastly, wasn't Vernon Carey a name mentioned as a possible pick for Buffalo in the first or second round before the draft? He is starting his first game (because of injury) and was inactive for his other games.

I still see the same problems with the offensive line from before. Only the names are different this time around. Still jumping offsides and killing drives, still cannot hold up at the point of attack in the interior, still have difficulty recognizing defensive line schemes and adjusting (poor line calls), and still being beat around the end for sacks/QB pressures. Those are things we saw in abundance before McNally was hired. We still see them now. None of them have shown much so far this season. Maybe Donahoe will want to do something about it at season's end. I wonder just how many beatings the Bills' quarterbacks (in the off chance that Bledsoe is injured or replaced) will endure until then.

This is my team and I will continue to root for them. I won't believe things will turn around until I see it though. If they're coming together as a unit, they should try harder to do that on Sundays instead of during the week.

chernobylwraiths
10-07-2004, 01:28 PM
I still see the same problems with the offensive line from before. Only the names are different this time around. Still jumping offsides and killing drives, still cannot hold up at the point of attack in the interior, still have difficulty recognizing defensive line schemes and adjusting (poor line calls), and still being beat around the end for sacks/QB pressures. Those are things we saw in abundance before McNally was hired. We still see them now. None of them have shown much so far this season. Maybe Donahoe will want to do something about it at season's end. I wonder just how many beatings the Bills' quarterbacks (in the off chance that Bledsoe is injured or replaced) will endure until then.

This is my team and I will continue to root for them. I won't believe things will turn around until I see it though. If they're coming together as a unit, they should try harder to do that on Sundays instead of during the week.

I do agree on the center issue. We need a smart center who is more natural to the position. This is Smith's first time starting and I am willing to cut him a little slack. I think it would have been much better had they been together since minicamps and all through the preseason, but it over now and I have to deal with what I have gotten. I have thought that they have played better. I think they looked a hell of a lot better in this last game than they had all season. Sure I would like to see them quit getting those drive killing calls. I hope something is done about that. I still think a little time is needed here. I think by midseason you will have a better idea on what this unit is capable of. I DO wish Donahoe had gone after another good free agent guard and/or center. But wishing isn't going to get them here. I have to cheer for what we have.

By the way, I thought you were closest to my thinking in the roundtable Rich except for the Oline. At least you sounded more like the fan that I am.

R. Rich
10-07-2004, 01:32 PM
I didn't mean to sound like you at all. I'm sorry.

juice
10-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Nice roundtable btw. It is good to get a little back and forth instead of everyone agreeing. I was saying that to Eb yesterday. He didn't want to do it, but I thought picking people who have opposing views makes for better copy. I think the discussion last night bore that out.
You made a good point about contrasting views in you original post.. It is alot more interesting when both participants aren't agreeing with each other's point-of-view.

Differing perspectives gave this Rnd Table a good flow, Dozer did a good job with discussion Topics.. I just wanted to hear what you guys thought about the Defensive breakdowns a little more.. and the Depressing O-Line and Bledsoe topics a little less.

juice
10-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Well, it certainly would be entertaining. :D
It would be a good debate.. Tonk could play Bush and I could be Kerry except it would be Tonk Flip-Flopping on the Wire Issue.

And I think we should have stayed the course with Ruben Brown, or at least bought in reserve Troops to fill the holes left in this Leaky Line.

Without Ruben we dont have enough Troops on the Front Line to win the War in the East.

I have a Specific Plan to win the Wildcard War from the Jets.. It starts be beating the Jets this Week.

Mr. Cynical
10-07-2004, 02:48 PM
that is why i love this board.. there are tons of smart posters.. i would say that the majority of people here really know their stuff well..You're too kind. Thanks for the compliments. :D

:;

P.S. You, me, eb and cherno should have a 4 way disscussion in a thread. With our avatars it would look really funny. :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
10-07-2004, 03:25 PM
You're too kind. Thanks for the compliments. :D

:;

P.S. You, me, eb and cherno should have a 4 way disscussion in a thread. With our avatars it would look really funny. :snicker:

Yeah, when I saw that you had the Calvin avatar yesterday, I changed mine accordingly.

I got this response from LOG.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=56650

I'm changing it back by tomorrow I think.

Tatonka
10-07-2004, 03:35 PM
It would be a good debate.. Tonk could play Bush and I could be Kerry except it would be Tonk Flip-Flopping on the Wire Issue.

And I think we should have stayed the course with Ruben Brown, or at least bought in reserve Troops to fill the holes left in this Leaky Line.

Without Ruben we dont have enough Troops on the Front Line to win the War in the East.

I have a Specific Plan to win the Wildcard War from the Jets.. It starts be beating the Jets this Week.

first off.. i didnt flip flop on anyone.. i said i thought wire was gonna be good and i am man enough to admit that i am wrong on him and that he is just not capable of being our starting safety.

second of all.. i would not want to do a round table with you just to discuss the same **** you repeat over and over and over again.. everyone is over brown except you.. everyone realizes that reese is average but you..

and your crazy about us making the playoffs.

it would be a boring round table.. because i would just keep saying "i have heard that before".

juice
10-07-2004, 04:16 PM
i would not want to do a round table with you just to discuss the same **** you repeat over and over and over again..

it would be a boring round table.. because i would just keep saying "i have heard that before".
Thats exactly how I felt about your Round Table "We cant win with Drew Bledsoe" is mosly what your input was, Over and Over. :tired:

Did you actually say "I think we *****ed about Drew Too Much".. Ya Think?

I was coached to never quit on your teammates, and dont cry about the starting QB when there is no viable option available to better the odds of Winning.. It gives you the look of a Quitter and undermines your team effort.

You stated the O-Line sucks, why do you think a Rookie could be a Factor when he hasn't even learned to avoid hits in practice.. Not a real option.

And why do you think the line Sucks so bad, what is the difference between this years line and last years.. That's right no Pro Bowlers, no run blockers and no Experience.

You dont seem to be as confident in L. Smith as a replacement for Ruben as you once were.. There lies your Flip Flop. Does the Line suck or does Drew?

You say DB is a born loser and always has been, yet you are the first to say the Line Sucks.. You cant have it both ways. :dance: FLIP FLOP

Tatonka
10-07-2004, 10:58 PM
i started to read your post.. but then i realized that your the board jackass and reading your posts makes us all stupider.. see.. i just used the word stupider.. i blame you for that.... i really cant stand you... your ****ing annoying as ****.. go jack off to your izelle reese pictures.

juice
10-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Teague is out this week maybe Wire can try his hand at Center.

You think TD can get Wire to take an Injury settlement once he recovers from his Losers Limp. :loser: