PDA

View Full Version : Perfect trade scenerio for Henry

Mr. Miyagi
10-07-2004, 11:11 AM
There's no secret we are going to trade Travis Henry after this season. They won't trade McGahee because they'd be admitting that the drafted wrong last year. TD wouldn't ever admit that.

Tampa Bay would be a perfect trade partner for us. They desperately need a undisputed RB. Garner is old. Pittman is useless. Alstott can't carry the load. Gruden likes veterans, not rookie RBs, who can be shifty as well as power runners and can catch the ball. They're out of the conference so there's no issue for us. AND they'll have a heck of a nice high pick next season.

Make the deal TD. Do it.

clumping platelets
10-07-2004, 11:15 AM
If we lose the next two, I would be all for it. The trade deadline is 10/19, right after the Fins game. However, only make the trade if we get a minimum of a 1st rd pick plus a player. I wonder if Philly would be an option :idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
10-07-2004, 11:18 AM
I said AFTER THE SEASON. :mad:

BillsRockSOMUCH
10-07-2004, 11:19 AM
If we lose the next two, I would be all for it. The trade deadline is 10/19, right after the Fins game. However, only make the trade if we get a minimum of a 1st rd pick plus a player. I wonder if Philly would be an option :idunno:
I doubt the Bucs would trade a high first for Henry, but we can wish can't we? :idunno:

Gunzlingr
10-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Is there anybody we would want?

Simeon Rice would be nice :D

Is DeWayne White any good or Kenyatta Walker?

justasportsfan
10-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Make the deal TD. Do it.
throw in Drew and that would make it perfect :D

Gunzlingr
10-07-2004, 11:29 AM
throw in Drew and that would make it perfect :D
Drew & TH for Brad Johnson and Rice :up:

Johnson is at least serviceable.

TigerJ
10-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Kenyatta Walker can also be spelled b-u-s-t. Far more so than Mike Williams.

Mr. Miyagi
10-07-2004, 11:42 AM

You're kidding. Brad Johnson is riding the pine from this week on. He sucks as much if not more than Drew.

Marvelous
10-07-2004, 12:01 PM

I wanted Kenyatta Walker bad the year we drafted Clements instead. But i'm glad we didn't as Walker has been suspect more then a lil bit.

If Henry gets a 1000 rushing yards this year then i see us getting a mid- late 1st round pick.
RB's that have been consistent have value. Corry Dillon was cheap because he is a head case. And Dillon is by no means = to Henry.
My concern is what if Willis soesn't pan out. If we do trade Henry we had better have a good backup via free agency....

GO BILLS!!!!

tampabay25690
10-07-2004, 12:25 PM

Well I live here and you maybe right. BUT you better hope they dont pull the trigger to soon and trade McCardell to KC for Larry Johnson, thats what they are talking about here.....

I could see Henry in Tampa and atleast I would be able to watch him play.....I could see the Bucs giving us Kenyatta Walker who was drafted right before Clements in the 1st round I think we even trade with Tampa for the Swap of picks!!!! He is a decent tackle and could see him in Buffalo and Jennings will be with his pal oh PEERLESS one!!!!!!

I just dont know if the Bucs will give up a 1rd pick next year, but possibly!!!

tampabay25690
10-07-2004, 12:27 PM

TRUST me I would rather have Griese and Rice instead of a Bledsoe again!!

tampabay25690
10-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Kenyatta Walker can also be spelled b-u-s-t. Far more so than Mike Williams.

He has the talent just has a chip on his shoulder!!!! Maybe new team and he would be a good fit....

Tatonka
10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
gruden loves pittman and garner is there for at least next year..

no way it happens.. imho.

BFBills
10-07-2004, 12:41 PM

my thoughts exactly...good post!

don137
10-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Trading Henry to the Bucs would be ironic considering we drafted him with the extra pick we got from the Bucs when we traded down from the 14 spot to the 21 spot back in 2001 and they drafted Kenyatta Walker with the pick and we drafted Nate "I rather go for an interception than knock down the ball on 4th down" Clements.

tampabay25690
10-07-2004, 02:23 PM
gruden loves pittman and garner is there for at least next year..

no way it happens.. imho.

You are right there. Thats the reason the Bucs are 0-4, Gruden actually has to coach the players that he has now. Its funny but that team reminds me of the Bills now a QB that can't move a line that can't block and a good Defense........But atleast the Bucs can go to a good young QB in Simms now. I think if we lost the Jets game and Losman was not injured he would be starting against Miami!!!!

Jp'stheFuture
10-07-2004, 02:44 PM
That trade won't happen.:dance:

Billzz
10-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Never happen. Wishful thinking, but a long shot.

Tampa has a half-ass line much like ourselves and other more important concerns. Clayton is a good (Keyshawn) like reciever but who else do they have? No one. Jerivicious is hurt and probably done and McCardell/Brown will not be with them next year either.

There defense is good but definetly not what it once was. They are in a total rebuilding phase atm and bascially admitted it finally by starting Simms (offensively). Good move on Grudens part who is only keeping his job because he won a superbowl IMO, which on the contrary was not his.

They thought that they could squeeze one more decent year out of the players they had which is why they went with experience instead of youth. Nice way of saying old and worn out with maybe 1 year left in em. Anyway I have been to 1 buc's game this year (Seattle) and in a sick way made me happy to watch it all fall around chucky's head.

BTW you think our GM is bad try Bruce Allen.

FTG
10-07-2004, 04:51 PM
No team is going to give us a #1 pick for Henry.

Crisis
10-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Maybe we throw in a few magic beans and put Rice, Barber, and Gramatica ass toss-ins.

RedEyE
10-07-2004, 05:48 PM
:ill:

It's week 5 and we're already discussing the Bills movements in the upcoming off season.

RedEyE
10-07-2004, 06:06 PM
..but since we're on the subject.

The ball is in Buffalo's court. Buffalo should get ample return on Henry.

There will be several teams looking at Henry next season. Tampa, Arizona, Detroit, Miami, Dallas, Oakland and Atlanta, all come to mind.

Tampa: Pittman has been struggling for a couple of years for several reasons.

Arizona: How much longer can Emmitt carry the load. Scobey and Hambrick are good back ups but are a far cry from being NFL caliber backs, otherwise they'd already be running.

Detroit: Loves trading with Buffalo. It's no secret that they are a solid recieving back away from a decent West Coast offense.

Miami: The Bills shouldn't trade within the division, but if the price is right, TD sends him.

Dallas: Parcells is not sold on his current RB situation, especially with Eddie George and he has let the media know it. Parcells would love to get his hands on a back like Henry.

Oakland: Wheatley might be the best back in Oakland, but he most certainly has not sealed the deal. Fargas is weak. Henry would do well with this passing team.

Atlanta: Dunn is the man of the moment, but has been accused of being too small of a back to get the job done. T.J. Duckett was a wasted Dan Reeves first rounder. He's sluggish and would be better positioned at FB. Henry would jump on the chance to take some pressure of Vick. The Falcons are notorious of picking up Buffalo castaways and I don't think anyone has forgotten the Peerless deal.

The_Philster
10-07-2004, 06:06 PM
:ill:

It's week 5 and we're already discussing the Bills movements in the upcoming off season.
Paka is already thinking about the Bucs' draft as well so we're not alone :(

Crisis
10-07-2004, 06:08 PM
I don't see Detroit going after Henry after drafting Jones.

Also, Oakland may have found Zeroeau (sp) as their featured back.

RedEyE
10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
I don't see Detroit going after Henry after drafting Jones.

Also, Oakland may have found Zeroeau (sp) as their featured back.

Forgot about the Z man in Oakland, you could be right, but Jones hasn't proven himself in Detroit like Henry has in Buffalo. He would make for an excellent back up behind Henry. It's no secret that Mooch likes variety when running the ball. Bryson of course getting the axe.

Billzz
10-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Atlanta or Detroit are much better options.

Miami has no draft picks left don't forget. Not sure of their exact status but pretty sure they pissed away what they had.

We are looking at what we will get because the awful situation the team has put it's self in. No we don't like it but atleast it's a positive discussion instead of trying to figure out exactly which link in the chain is broken.

Anyway I hate to say it but the Patriots might be looking if Dillon dosen't stop dropping the rock in key situations :sad: and to quote off somone else we have a LONG TRADE history with them.

FTG
10-07-2004, 08:29 PM
You're kidding. Brad Johnson is riding the pine from this week on. He sucks as much if not more than Drew.

I'd take him over Drew any day.

FTG
10-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Anyway I hate to say it but the Patriots might be looking if Dillon dosen't stop dropping the rock in key situations :sad: and to quote off somone else we have a LONG TRADE history with them.

That will never happen. The Patriots already raped us once. We better never trade with them again.

Hemlepp53
10-07-2004, 09:00 PM
I wouldnt mind a Trade with Tampa if it was something like Alstot and a decent Draft Pick. I For One Like Mike Alstot... Hes A Warrior.. A Threat if not for blocking reasons... Puts anyone on there ass.. makes the DeFense wonder if hes gonna take it and plow for the first. I think Mike would be a great FB for Buffalo. MAybe cause hes a powerhouse.. Fumbles a bit more than I would like.. but still a serious Threat!!! What do ya think?

tampabay25690
10-08-2004, 10:58 AM
I wouldnt mind a Trade with Tampa if it was something like Alstot and a decent Draft Pick. I For One Like Mike Alstot... Hes A Warrior.. A Threat if not for blocking reasons... Puts anyone on there ass.. makes the DeFense wonder if hes gonna take it and plow for the first. I think Mike would be a great FB for Buffalo. MAybe cause hes a powerhouse.. Fumbles a bit more than I would like.. but still a serious Threat!!! What do ya think?

If Alstot leaves Tampa now this city and the fans would go crazy. If you think Lynch and Sapp were big in the commuinty, you should see Allstot here. I think he would retire if it came to that our he would take a paycut. He has so many ties to the Tampa area now. And he owns 2 restaurants here, so I dont see him leaving here..............

Mr. Miyagi
10-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Tampa: Pittman has been struggling for a couple of years for several reasons.

Arizona: How much longer can Emmitt carry the load. Scobey and Hambrick are good back ups but are a far cry from being NFL caliber backs, otherwise they'd already be running.

Detroit: Loves trading with Buffalo. It's no secret that they are a solid recieving back away from a decent West Coast offense.

Miami: The Bills shouldn't trade within the division, but if the price is right, TD sends him.

Dallas: Parcells is not sold on his current RB situation, especially with Eddie George and he has let the media know it. Parcells would love to get his hands on a back like Henry.

Oakland: Wheatley might be the best back in Oakland, but he most certainly has not sealed the deal. Fargas is weak. Henry would do well with this passing team.

Atlanta: Dunn is the man of the moment, but has been accused of being too small of a back to get the job done. T.J. Duckett was a wasted Dan Reeves first rounder. He's sluggish and would be better positioned at FB. Henry would jump on the chance to take some pressure of Vick. The Falcons are notorious of picking up Buffalo castaways and I don't think anyone has forgotten the Peerless deal.
Arizona is still high on Shipp, if he'd quit getting hurt. No.
Detroit has Kevin Jones. No.
Miami has few picks, plus it's within the division. No.
Dallas just drafted Julius Jones. He'll be ready next year. No.
Dunn will still be around next season, especially when he's lighting it up now. No.

That leaves Tampa and Oakland. Oakland is in the conference. That's why I said Tampa to begin with.

See I do think it through before I speak. :miyagi: