When does the NFL review and then announce the bad calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

When does the NFL review and then announce the bad calls?

I counted at least 8 poor calls or non-calls by the officials. The officials were horrible.

But will the NFL come clean and say what calls were screwed up by the refs? The league officials review every game tape. Remember the controversey with the Raiders game wasn't that they announced the bad calls it's that they supposedly sent an apology letter to the Bills - which of course the NFL later denied sending.

But this is the Patriots. The Golden Boys. Would announcing that 8 bad calls that went the Pats way tarnish their streak? Here's what I saw...in no particular order.

1. Roughing the passer (Brady first series) No helmet contact

2. No Call - Bledsoe swung around and thrown down 3 seconds after whistle blew on a Bills false start. The Dlineman had to know the play was dead - everyone was standing still.

3. No call - on offensive pass interference on Givens when he broke up Clements int attempt.

4. Pats reception in the endzone correctly ruled out of bounds - BUT just as the ball got there the WR clearly pushed off - right in front of ref, no off pass interference called. Pats scored a TD a few plays later.

5. Euhus thrown to ground in front of ref well after the play, Pat player then clapped in Bills face. No unsportsmenlike call. But Fletcher hitting a guy after the ball went through his hands is called unneccesary roughness.

6. No call on Dillon's fumble - non reviewable. Clearly a fumble.

7. No call on Pats WR fumble (caused by ground.) Clearly a fumble.

8. Offsides called on Pats FG (later a TD) But no one else has seen this offsides - strangely familiar to the phantom holding call on the return in the Raiders game.

I'm probably missing some. This ain't whining. I just want to see if the league will announce their findings like after the Raiders game...or are bad calls in a game against the mighty Pats treated differently.
    Last edited by BuffaloRanger; 10-07-2004, 02:09 PM.
    Buffalo Only and Always.
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
    I counted at least 8 poor calls or non-calls by the officials. The officials were horrible.

But will the NFL come clean and say what calls were screwed up by the refs? The league officials review every game tape. Remember the controversey with the Raiders game wasn't that they announced the bad calls it's that they supposedly sent an apology letter to the Bills - which of course the NFL later denied sending.

But this is the Patriots. The Golden Boys. Would announcing that 8 bad calls that went the Pats way tarnish their streak? Here's what I saw...in no particular order.

1. Roughing the passer (Brady first series) No helmet contact

2. No Call - Bledsoe swung around and thrown down 3 seconds after whistle blew on a Bills false start. The Dlineman had to know the play was dead - everyone was standing still.

3. No call - on offensive pass interference on Givens when he broke up Clements int attempt.

4. Pats reception in the endzone correctly ruled out of bounds - BUT just as the ball got there the WR clearly pushed off - right in front of ref, no off pass interference called. Pats scored a TD a few plays later.

5. Euhus thrown to ground in front of ref well after the play, Pat player then clapped in Bills face. No unsportsmenlike call. But Fletcher hitting a guy after the ball went through his hands is called unneccesary roughness.

6. No call on Dillon's fumble - non reviewable. Clearly a fumble.

7. No call on Pats WR fumble (caused by ground.) Clearly a fumble.

8. Offsides called on Pats FG (later a TD) But no one else has seen this offsides - strangely familiar to the phantom holding call on the return in the Raiders game.

I'm probably missing some. This ain't whining. I just want to see if the league will announce their findings like after the Raiders game...or are bad calls in a game against the mighty Pats treated differently.
    The hit Fletcher made on the first play was definitely deserving of a late hit. He body slammed the guy for pete's sake.

I would add the late hit Harrison had on Neufeld where he laid on the carpet for a minute. I'm sure there were calls missed against the Bills too, but those two fumbles were the most costly IMO. Either of those would have helped us tremendously since they scored TDs soon after in both of those drives.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
      • Mar 2003

OK body slamming doesn't equal late hit. If he had the ball would he have been alowed to tackle him that way?

Harrison's hit was a clear spearing penalty (using the helmet in an attempt to injure) But those calls don't go against the golden boys.

Again, how IRONIC that they didn't call that but then screwed up the roughing the passer call when there was no helmet to helmet call.

Each of the those refs should be suspended for incompetence. I screamed that at each one of the zebras as they left the field (I have seats next to the tunnel.)

Man I hate refs in all sports.
      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

Working...
      X