PDA

View Full Version : AVP ~ Great Article!

RedEyE
10-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Players Need to be Held Accountable

Alex Van Pelt, buffalobills.com
10/05/2004 3:00 PM

Former Bills quarterback and current radio color analyst, Alex Van Pelt, sits down with buffalobills.com every Tuesday to offer his insight to last week's game, this week's game, and his performance in the radio booth.

The Patriots game on Sunday was exactly how I expected it to be. It was a hard-fought, physical battle with a division rival. Both teams came out with a lot of intensity and a lot of enthusiasm, the crowd was into it and it turned out to be a great game.

more....> http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2781

I especially enjoyed this part:

The players need to be held accountable for their actions. You hate to take your best players off the field, but you have to send a message. You can't play stupid football. Stupid football will make you lose every time, it doesn't matter if you're the most talented team in the league. If you don't play smart, you're not going to win. That's been the biggest issue so far. Until they get this problem cleaned-up it's going to remain a serious issue. Obviously you hate to take certain guys off the field, but if you have repeat offenders that just aren't getting the message then maybe, you need to bench them. Hopefully it won't come to that, but if you're able to damage a guy's ego he may think long and hard about what he's doing on the field and it may help to fix some of those mistakes.

Gunzlingr
10-07-2004, 04:21 PM
I think AVP should be our coach :(

Jayhawk
10-07-2004, 04:21 PM
good stuff

ryjam282
10-08-2004, 06:45 AM
Great article, AVP. Love it that you call the guys out to make something happen but be smart about it.

carybillsfan
10-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Too bad he's not still on the team, at least there'd be one player with a little heart.

Voltron
10-08-2004, 08:52 AM
What is it with Buffalo and our love affair with Back up QBs? I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. I just don't remember any team having so many well-known Back-ups. Reich, Flutie, AVP ... Is it the whole underdog type thing?

Just a thought :D

northernbillfan
10-08-2004, 02:59 PM
I think AVP should be our coach :(
At least our QB coach. He learned so much from Jim Kelly that he has a wealth of knowledge to share. Perhaps after Drew leaves he could step into the position. A vet like Bledsoe wouldn't listen to a has been like AVP.

Hemlepp53
10-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Players Need to be Held Accountable

Obviously you hate to take certain guys off the field, but if you have repeat offenders that just aren't getting the message then maybe, you need to bench them. [/i]

Agreed.. Make Waves Like This.. Make Others Step Up To The Task Of Leadership Even If Its Temporarly.

Cntrygal
10-11-2004, 03:34 PM
How right he is.