PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Mularky will sit anyone,...

im4bflo
10-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Make them accountable for their mistakes.
They need refs at our practices, letting guys know if they're commiting a penalty, making them aware of it before the games begin.
GO BILLS! :clap:

juice
10-07-2004, 07:02 PM
They need refs at our practices, letting guys know if they're commiting a penalty, making them aware of it before the games begin.
Yeah.. COY WIRE him thinking he was a DB was a Huge Mistake.

Ebenezer
10-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Let's see...the new coach is going to tell the vet leadership of this team (who are making as much or more per year than the coach) to "sit". Yeah, that'll work. I can see it now. A defense without London Fletcher. An offense without Eric Moulds. 31-17 wasn't enough of a loss. Stop with the "sending a message" argument. It's the era of salary cap and free agency. You sit a guy making that kind of cash for a back up making the minimum and you are asking for more trouble. Depth in the NFL these days is non-existant. People have been calling talk shows this week and crying about Fletcher, Posey, Spikes, Moulds and Reed. Tell me who you are going to beat with Crowell, Haggan and Stamer as your starting LBs and Evans and Aiken as your starting WRs. These guys have been playing since they have been 7. If they need a "wake up call" then this team is in bigger trouble than even the most pessimistic Bills fan thinks.

DaBills
10-07-2004, 10:16 PM
So does this mean Jennings won't be sitting this weekend?

Damn.

:nervous:

TigerJ
10-07-2004, 10:28 PM
I think Mularkey has enough authority to do that. I think maybe he ought to limit it to flagrant personal fouls and unsportsmanlilke conduct penalties. They can check upstairs if a penaltie is undeserved (the helmet to helmut personal foul Fletcher was charged with last week. Here's how I would do it. First in fraction - sit the remainder of the drive. If the foul occurs in the last series of downs before a change of possession it carries over to the following drive. Second infraction - add a second drive etc. It can also carry over to the next game, until the player can go a whole game without committing the same stupid penalty. If Fletcher commits a couple personal fouls in the Jets game, then one in the Miami game, Mularkey can sit him for three drives. I think that is enough to get the attention of the players, which is mainly what Mularkey needs to do. It's not so hefty that it denies the team the presence of a key player for so much time that it is likely to seriously hurt the team. If that doesn't gwet Fletcher under control a little better, then Mularkey will have to take more drastic steps.

Turf
10-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Let's see...the new coach is going to tell the vet leadership of this team (who are making as much or more per year than the coach) to "sit". Yeah, that'll work. I can see it now. A defense without London Fletcher. An offense without Eric Moulds. 31-17 wasn't enough of a loss. Stop with the "sending a message" argument. It's the era of salary cap and free agency. You sit a guy making that kind of cash for a back up making the minimum and you are asking for more trouble. Depth in the NFL these days is non-existant. People have been calling talk shows this week and crying about Fletcher, Posey, Spikes, Moulds and Reed. Tell me who you are going to beat with Crowell, Haggan and Stamer as your starting LBs and Evans and Aiken as your starting WRs. These guys have been playing since they have been 7. If they need a "wake up call" then this team is in bigger trouble than even the most pessimistic Bills fan thinks.

Who do you blame, Ralph or TD for the head coach?
Mularkey is the highest paid coach in Bills history.
We never hire a coach that can have total control. Outside of Knox and Saban, who never had total control, we never hired a NAME coach.
Marv, if you remember, was broadcasting preseason games as he is now like Tasker before he became a head coach again after a CFL stint after bombing in KC.
We like to hire from the bottom.
As I write this, I wonder if Polian wanted Marv.
Oh yeah, Bill got fired. Hmmm. Guess he had a set of balls.