• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Reality
    • Nov 2002

Who's gonna win the AFC East?

Or should I ask, "Who's gonna blow it?"

Right now nobody looks like they want it too bad. The Jets might be playing the best right now. Seriously. They handled Rickey Williams and LaDanian Thomlinson. It's not the Dolphins. They're playing like they need Jay Fiedler. I never knew that was possible. The Bills are kind of squeaking by. . . against the bad teams.

I think it's still a toss up.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I think it's going to come down to the final week of the season with 3 of the 4 teams still in the hunt.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Buffarama
      Football-Sport of the Gods
      • Jul 2002

The officials are bent on giving it to NE again.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

i think buffalo has a good chance if they beat KC and MR.Reality
        welcome to the zone but just cuz a team goes on a loseing streak doesnt mean they dont WANT it they just arent haveing a good week

Comment

• Phins054
          Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
          • Jul 2002

Right now it is a dog fight in this division and every team has a legitimate belief that they can win it. That makes the divisional games all the more important for tie breaker edges. I think that 2 teams from this division will be in the playoffs and they will probably have the same record.

As far as to who wins the division...I think the first team to 10, wins the division.

Bills remaining games...KC Jets Miami NE SD GB and Cincy...The only definate win I see is Cincy. Buffalo has to win its division games to keep hope alive for the playoffs.

Phins remaining games...Balt SD Buffalo Chi Oak Minn NE...We only have 2 more division games. We need to get healthy quickly or we won't make the playoffs.

NEs remaining games...Oak Minn Det Buff Ten Jets Miami...NE could make a big push here. They should be able to beat Minn and Det easily.

Jets...Det Buff Oak Den Chi NE GB...Pretty tough schedule for them. It will be hard for them to get in the lead with that schedule.
          Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• BillsNYC
            Man of the People
            • Jul 2002

i wish the nfl "annalysts" would stop counting teams in and out halfway through the season! i'm so sick of them!!!!
            Thank you.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

no doubt!!

Originally posted by Buffarama
              The officials are bent on giving it to NE again.
              It appeared that way to me....how much do the Patsies pay these :angry:ing refs??

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

The Phins will struggle and probably lose to Baltimore and S.D. the way Lucas is playing. 10 PPG simply isn't enough points to beat any team in this league. They may be 5-6 by then and if that happens,they're done. Even if they can beat Baltimore, they'll lose to S.D. and it'll be an uphill struggle to go 4-1.

The Jets have a very tough schedule w/ their Home games being against us, Denver, and G.B. to finish out the season. They're playing better, but not good enough to win 6 of their remaining 7 against superior teams in 3 or 4 of those games.

N.E. has the easiest schedule and is the best team in the AFCE led by superior coaching. A win this week @ Oakland and cakewalks the following two weeks v. Minnesota and Detroit should prime the Pats team big enough to win the division. They'll also dust Miami and beat either us or the Jets, maybe both, to be 4-2 or 5-1 in the division. All three remaining divisonal games are home games for them.

Attention: ***Unpopular Viewpoint from here down***

***PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE OFFENDED AT CRITICISM ABOUT THE BILLS!!!***

The Bills face 6 teams the caliber of which they have not beaten thus far this season. For us to make the playoffs, we would need to win at least 5 of those 7 games and beat N.E. @ N.E. as well. Based on performance to date, and performance that appears to be weakening as the season rolls on, both defensively and offensively, the chances of victories vs. N.E. and G.B. on the road are unlikely. Given that, we would need to win the other 5 games against 4 teams that will likely all be .500 or better by the time we face them. We simply haven't had success against decent teams this season.

Having said that, a more realistic goal for us would be to be .500, maybe 9-7. Barring a total turn of events, trends, performance, and other occurrences combined w/ a lapse by the Pats who are through the tough part of their schedule, and a win vs. N.E. in Foxboro, we are ill-positioned to make the playoffs.

Sorry. JMO however. But, if we are going to make them, I would add that this K.C. game is a "must-win". A loss on Sunday and our playoff hopes go down the drain. Actually, a loss on Sunday and all of a sudden we're in a fight for .500.

Sorry boys and girls, but that's the gravity of the situation.

N.E. wins the division again on grit and a soft schedule after having had a horrendous schedule up front.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I never thought they'd reverse that interception call. The view showed him juggling the ball, but then the ball was not in view beofre the fumble, where he could have had it under control. There was not enough evidense to reverse that call.

I still don't see why they stopped the clock after the 4th and 1 QB sneak either.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Attention: ***Unpopular Viewpoint from here down***

***PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE OFFENDED AT CRITICISM ABOUT THE BILLS!!!***

Wys...!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

It's gonna come down to the remaining divisional games for everyone:

Jets: 2-2 AFCE w/ divisional games vs.

@ N.E.
                      Buffalo

Miami: 2-2 AFCE w/ divisional games vs.

@Buffalo
                      @N.E.

Bills: 1-2 AFCE w/ divisional games vs.

@ Jets
                      @ N.E.
                      Miami

N.E.: 2-1 AFCE w/ divisional games vs.

Buffalo
                      Jets
                      Miami

The best that the Jets, Phins, and we can be is 4-2 while it's likely that the Pats will be at least 4-2. We won't win all three remaining divisional games, or at least aren't likely to. 3-3 is possible, but that won't be enough to break a tie if we're even lucky enough to achieve a tie.

It's gonna be tough for anyone but N.E.to hold the tiebreaker.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

NE certainly looks like they have the best shot based on schedule alone, but Blo is a young team and should be getting better week to week.

I think if we can beat KC and the Jets, then we put ourselves in a situation where we have 3 home games in December to warm weather teams/ the freaking Bengles, so if we can muster up some guts and take out NE in NE, we might win this thing.

I think we will be able to tell after playing KC. I think we match up very well against the Jets and should win that game, and then locking down and running Henry in the cold might put us into the playoffs. GW will either establish himself as a capable young coach or get his ass run out of town in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                          NE certainly looks like they have the best shot based on schedule alone, but Blo is a young team and should be getting better week to week.

I think if we can beat KC and the Jets, then we put ourselves in a situation where we have 3 home games in December to warm weather teams/ the freaking Bengles, so if we can muster up some guts and take out NE in NE, we might win this thing.

I think we will be able to tell after playing KC. I think we match up very well against the Jets and should win that game, and then locking down and running Henry in the cold might put us into the playoffs. GW will either establish himself as a capable young coach or get his ass run out of town in the next few weeks.
                          Yes, "should be" getting better.

What's YO? Do you think we've improved thus far as the season has gone on?

I'd say that's pretty much right on colin. As you said, this K.C. game is essentially for "all the marbles." Unfortunately, with a win even, every other game after this becomes for "all the marbles" as well for the most part.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

We can win games compared to last year when we didn't have a chance. We just need people to step up and Bledsoe to keep firing TD's. Yes WYS I know the stats from the past couple games. We need the offense to get back to the scoring pace it was at earlier in the season. We need the defense to play better. We can do it. It's a long shot but stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

The Pats had their hands full with the sorry Bears. They are no world beaters. Wys keeps making the assumption that it will take 10 wins to take the division. 9 might do it, and our boys can get to 9.

Comment

Working...
                              X