X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

The BS Must End This Weekend

If Drew pulls his usual performance, and Henry for that matter, management needs to wake up and smell the coffee and admit they made a huge mistake with Drew.
    I wanted Drew gone in the offseason. And here we are.
    Am I blaming everything on him? NO.
    But he will never get any better.
    The question, after another lackluster performance this weekend, will Donahoe and Mularkey pull the plug?
    For the love of God, how much of this do we have to watch?
    I'm already dreading the game like the rest of you.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • ArcticWildMan

Won't happen. TD seems unwilling to admit that Drew was a mistake.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
      Won't happen. TD seems unwilling to admit that Drew was a mistake.

not to mention that he didn't do anything on the OL since bledsoe got here either.it's a bad combination all the way around.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Turf
        If Drew pulls his usual performance, and Henry for that matter, management needs to wake up and smell the coffee and admit they made a huge mistake with Drew.
        I wanted Drew gone in the offseason. And here we are.
        Am I blaming everything on him? NO.
        But he will never get any better.
        The question, after another lackluster performance this weekend, will Donahoe and Mularkey pull the plug?
        For the love of God, how much of this do we have to watch?
        I'm already dreading the game like the rest of you.
        I'm with ya 100%. This team needs some veteran lineman this offseason. To go with JP.
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Two questions-
          1. Would you rather we still had RJ? Drew's play has been ridiculously bad, but when we got him, we needed a QB. Who else was available when we got him? Again, this isn't to make excuses for his play- I'm just saying that whether or not Drew was a "mistake" two years ago depends on what the other choices were.

2. Shane Matthews- do you really think he'd do any better? If Losman were healthy or even if we had Travis Brown, I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do. But Matthews is as old as Drew and has less experience, both in the NFL and with the Buffalo Bills. Right now I think Drew's the lesser of two evils.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Two questions-
            1. Would you rather we still had RJ? Drew's play has been ridiculously bad, but when we got him, we needed a QB. Who else was available when we got him? Again, this isn't to make excuses for his play- I'm just saying that whether or not Drew was a "mistake" two years ago depends on what the other choices were.
            No I would not rather have RJ. RJ would be just as useless then get hurt.
            2. Shane Matthews- do you really think he'd do any better? If Losman were healthy or even if we had Travis Brown, I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do. But Matthews is as old as Drew and has less experience, both in the NFL and with the Buffalo Bills. Right now I think Drew's the lesser of two evils.
            I agree Drew is the lesser of the evils as well. From seeing Matthews here in DC for the Skins and even throughout his career, all he's done is lose starting jobs (to the likes of Danny W-'awful' and Jim Miller no less). I do however think when Losman is healthy, its time to get him some reps in-game.

Comment

• BFBills
              "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
              not to mention that he didn't do anything on the OL since bledsoe got here either.it's a bad combination all the way around.
              you call drafting Mike Williams and signing Chris Vallarial not doing any thing...not to mention the acuasision (way misspelled) of Jim McNalley nothing...not Donahoes fault he's doing a fine job with this team if maybe they would play up to their potential then we would have these canversations...

have a nice day
              "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BFBills
                you call drafting Mike Williams and signing Chris Vallarial not doing any thing...

2 guys in 3 years.....

i forgot about that.i should throw a F'n party.what was i thinking?
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

you call drafting Mike Williams and signing Chris Vallarial not doing any thing...not to mention the acuasision (way misspelled) of Jim McNalley nothing...not Donahoes fault he's doing a fine job with this team if maybe they would play up to their potential then we would have these canversations...

have a nice day
                  Nope, not TDs fault at all. He isn't the one who hires the coaches, drafts the players and signs the FAs. Nope. TD is definitely not the problem.

It is the Jills' fault. They arent' cheering loud enough.

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

have a nice day
                    Hmm ... TD is the one that drafted Mike Williams and signed Chris Vallerial, but it's not his fault that they're not good enough? Exactly who is responsible for the players on this team?

You know what almost every team with a losing record says? "If we could play to our potential, we'd be a better team". No team plays to their potential ... hell, the Pats won the Super Bowl last year and guys like Ty Law, Troy Brown, and Antowain Smith didn't live up to their potentials (as varied as they are). No team gets 100% of the expected results from 100% of their players every season - but the good ones don't have to rely on that.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

Two questions-

I think I would have cut Drew, signed anyone of the FA QB's out there, maybe went into the season with Losman as backup ready to start, and would have focused on spending Drews money on getting quality linemen on both sides of the ball. In other words, talented lineplay allows you to not need star players at every position.
                      What we have now is no line play, and NO stars on offense whatsoever. That's why we're the most pitiful offense in the league! And who put this mess together? TD.
                      Also, I would NOT have hired another rookie head coach after the first three years failed with another rookie head coach.
                      There is no hope with Drew. Move on.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        Originally posted by Sippio
                        I'm with ya 100%. This team needs some veteran lineman this offseason. To go with JP.
                        Agreed with both. TD should of and needs to assist the QB's with Protection. TD should focus on Protecting the weaknesses and exploiting the Strenghts. Not Drafting Offensive weapons and hoping the QB will get it to them in time. Drew is no Vick or McNab... He's as Immobile as a Red Wood Tree... He needs time and the ability to see the field before him and make the right choices. TD has given neither to Drew since he brought him to Buffalo. Now JP will fair well but he too needs some protection for the simple fact that he will need time to slow down and fully grasps the game at warp speed. I think JP will pan out and work for us in the future... But TD needs to do what he should of done with Drew... Protect JP's Weaknesses and Exploit his Strenghts. Look at all the Playoff Contender Teams.. The Team is set and ran around their premier players... If you are placing this much faith in one player make it to where he can sucseed.
                        @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
                        X