X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsouth
    • Jul 2002

how long will it turn this team into a winner

how many more years will it take to make this team a winner.

for those of u who remember the 4-12 years during the 80s, while the team sucked, there was steady improvement each year and three years later we were in the afc champ game (lost to the bungles)

this time around we are 3 years removed from 4-12 and are worse than we were in 2001. this is not a good sign. basically, it is like this year is a wash because we are starting all over.
    "once a raider always a raider"
  • BillsRockSOMUCH
    Exhausted of Losing
    • Mar 2004

You really have to wonder and ask TD, when is this team going to become a contender? I'm really losing patience, didn't we already rebuild? In parity like there is in the NFL you should never miss the playoffs 4 or 5 straight years.

Comment

• Chadwick King of NY
      • Oct 2004

hey guys, joined up 2 give my 2cents.

you have a quality young team here, you cant see it because your 0-3 and looks to get worse before it gets better,
      realisitcly what needs to happen?

reed to step up in his 3rd year, you all know he has the talent
      evans to keep showing the form hes been showing
      mcgahee to be the back he was at miami
      losman to show he can play in the nfl & be the qb for the bills for the next decade
      draft a good kicker, the guy down at ohio state looks good

and a couple of smart free agent additions to your line, should see you 10-6.

none of those predictions are beyond reality

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
        Exhausted of Losing
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Chadwick King of NY

you have a quality young team here, you cant see it because your 0-3 and looks to get worse before it gets better,

losman to show he can play in the nfl & be the qb for the bills for the next decade

But realisticly if Losman comes in and starts next year (which will happen, we're not any better off with Drew), he's going to have growing pains, he has to work on his mechanics. He's not going to lead this team to the playoff's right away. So that's why I feel this team isn't going to compete until the 2006 season.
        Last edited by BillsRockSOMUCH; 10-08-2004, 04:57 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

welcome to The Zone.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Best Scenario: JP, WM and MM all pan out. This team will be competitive in '06, ASSUMING TD wakes the f**k up and gets a real Oline put together.

Worst Scenario: JP, WM and MM don't pan out. Then we're in for even more misery, since Ralph won't pull the trigger on TD until end of '06. Which then means new staff and players for the '07 season, which then means most likely '09 until we see playoffs again in earnest.

So...

Best case: '06

Worst case: '09

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

Great GM's can turn a losing team into a winning team in 2 years. Good ones can do it in 3. Average to below average can do it in 4.

How long until we turn it around ... anywhere from 2-4 years after TD leaves.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

nice post and to the Zone
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

There are obviously two schools of thought here. One says that TD has totally screwed up the team and we need to start from square one to rebuild it, maybe a three year process, which is why you're calling for TD's head. I'm of the school of thought that this is a pretty talented team and things should click pretty quickly. Assuming whatever reason for the dumb penalties and lapses in concentration are easily fixiable, I think the team makes a run in the latter part of the season and we just miss the playoofs because it was too little too late. But Buffalo is set up to be a strong contender in 2005. I sure hope all the doom and gloomers out there are wrong because I don't want to wait three more years.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                    • Aug 2004

I give it 2
                    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                      • Jul 2004

to the zone. Your post get a for your 1st point. Lets GO buffalo

I give the Bills next season .. This season if we could pull it together. We ahve the talent and ability. Just stupid mistakes and mishaps have killed us.
                      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                        Best Scenario: JP, WM and MM all pan out. This team will be competitive in '06, ASSUMING TD wakes the f**k up and gets a real Oline put together.

Worst Scenario: JP, WM and MM don't pan out. Then we're in for even more misery, since Ralph won't pull the trigger on TD until end of '06. Which then means new staff and players for the '07 season, which then means most likely '09 until we see playoffs again in earnest.

So...

Best case: '06

Worst case: '09

Now, that is BS.

What is so wrong with the O-Line? Did you not watch the Patriots game where Bledsoe had ALL Day to throw for most of the game(before Jennings injury). Patriots O-Line let up 54 sacks to Drew Bledsoe in 2000 and only 41 to Tom Brady in 2001 with the SAME EXACT O-Line. What does that tell you?

IMO, this team can win NEXT YEAR if, the defense stays intact and they fix the little things on this team(Guard, Saftey, Pass rush).

We don't have the best O-Line but, by no means is it BAD. I would say it would be average if not for Drew Bledsoe.
                        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Billsouth
                          • Jul 2002

not for nothing but the panthers went from 1-15 to the superbowl in 2 years. the ravens made a similar move.

we have gone from 4-12 to 0-3 (my best guess now is a 6-10 season)

this is just unacceptable

TD did NOTHING to improve this line in the offseason except letting rb go and replacing him with villareal. how can that be enough?

our qb situation sucks. BLEDSOE is finished. losman is 2 years away at best and cant even play this year until the end of the season. we dont have a quality number 2 guy and man do we need draft picks.

HOWEVER, TD wasted our number one on wm (who is in his second year and seeing NO TIME at all) which was probably the one area we did not need to use our 1st rounder on. He then trades away next years #1 for losman,

DO u realize that we have traded 3 number one draft choices since 98 for qbs.
                          (#9 pick overall to jags= fred taylor); (our first in 03 to patsies=ty warren) and now probably the number one overall pick to dallas.

WTF!!! TD has traded 2 number ones in 3 years for qbs?

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND RALPHIE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY!
                          "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                            Now, that is BS.

What is so wrong with the O-Line? Did you not watch the Patriots game where Bledsoe had ALL Day to throw for most of the game(before Jennings injury). Patriots O-Line let up 54 sacks to Drew Bledsoe in 2000 and only 41 to Tom Brady in 2001 with the SAME EXACT O-Line. What does that tell you?

IMO, this team can win NEXT YEAR if, the defense stays intact and they fix the little things on this team(Guard, Saftey, Pass rush).

We don't have the best O-Line but, by no means is it BAD. I would say it would be average if not for Drew Bledsoe.
                            So all we have to do to make our OL look good is go out and get one of the best QB's in football? Simple!! We've waited almost 10 years since Kelly for someone to be better than average, but picking up a Tom Brady should be no problem at all.

I watched the Pats game ... that's the same one where the defense played ultra-conservative and only sent 4 rushers almost the entire game waiting for Drew to make mistakes. Considering their d almost scored as many points as our O, I'd say their game plan worked pretty well.
                            Of course, once they decided to blitz all out, that's when our OL couldn't handle a damned thing and how we ended up with 7 sacks allowed.

Just because a defense chooses to beat us a different way than through the blitz does not mean that our OL is doing a good job against the pass rush.

Comment

• bledslow
                              • May 2004

like elton john said at the end of his song rocket man-I THINK ITS GONNA BE A LONG LONG TIME

Comment

Working...
                              X