PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning can't succeed with our line

STAMPY
10-08-2004, 05:42 PM
pocket passers will never do well here. we give our qb no time to do anything. even the mighty manning would struggle!

HenryRules
10-08-2004, 05:47 PM
pocket passers will never do well here. we give our qb no time to do anything. even the mighty manning would struggle!

Would he do as well as he is now? Nope.

Would he do better than Drew? Hell, yes. You see, even though Manning isn't mobile, he still has a good ability to buy time in the pocket by recognizing where the rush is coming from and stepping away from it or dumping it off. He also has the intelligence to completely change the play at the line of scrimmage - putting the rest of the offense and himself in position to succeed.

Indianapolis' OL is far from the best in the league and Peyton does quite well with them.

SABURZFAN
10-08-2004, 05:48 PM
he'd take less sacks too.

Mr. Cynical
10-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Yes they are both immobile, BUT... the difference is that Drew:

Is a slow decision maker
Can't make quick touch passes < 20 yards
Holds the ball too long trying to make the big play
Has zero confidence left
Is confused half the time for some reason (can't blame Gilbride for that anymore)
Won't/can't throw to a space so he waits for the receiver to be 100% wide open before throwing it (a la RJ)
That is why Manning would still do alot better than Drew. He is none of those things.

Hemlepp53
10-08-2004, 10:35 PM
Yes they are both immobile, BUT... the difference is that Drew:

Is a slow decision maker
Can't make quick touch passes < 20 yards
Holds the ball too long trying to make the big play
Has zero confidence left
Is confused half the time for some reason (can't blame Gilbride for that anymore)
Won't/can't throw to a space so he waits for the receiver to be 100% wide open before throwing it (a la RJ)
That is why Manning would still do alot better than Drew. He is none of those things.

What TD should of done is... If DREW was to be the PRIMARY BACK for the Bills he should of structured the Offense to fit his needs and weaknesses. Instead TD gives him all the means to win but the time and protection he needs. It is common sense that Drew is no Vick or McNab when it comes to pressure that is why TD should of built the team around Drew, TD seems to think Drew is the Man Behind Center for us so he should give Drew the oppertunity to win. Look at all the Prime QB's in the leauge .. the Offense is structured and built to exploit the QB's Strength and Protect his weaknesses. TD should of made Drew shine on the strong points and the time Drews had here would be spoken of differently... Just my 2 cents...

Tatonka
10-08-2004, 11:05 PM
can i get the 50 zone bucks you owe me stampeed.

Charlieguide
10-08-2004, 11:57 PM
OL are hard to come by this year. Didn't SF sign two retirees?

Also, I read that the OL did pretty well until very late in the NE game . . . after the Henry stumble. For that matter, weren't the Bills in the game up to that point? Weren't bad calls and stumbles just as much a problem as Drew's shortcomings? Didn't Gray keep blitzing despite absolutely no success?

I'd like to see every player keep his head on straight this week. Our roster can stand up to almost any in this league, if they play as mistake-free as the Pats, Cowboys, or Giants. That, my friends, is the big picture, and it's the next practical step the team needs to take.

casdhf
10-09-2004, 07:04 AM
can i get the 50 zone bucks you owe me stampeed.

No kidding, me too.

Jayhawk
10-09-2004, 08:39 AM
dats why TD needs to sign a running qb and not Matthews or Bledsoe. (I know Losman is one)

ScottLawrence
10-09-2004, 09:05 AM

HAHA.

Does Peyton Manning hold the ball as long as Drew Bledsoe?NO

Is Peyton Manning as immobile as Drew Bledsoe?NO

Does Drew Bledsoe ever feel the rush coming?NO, Peyton Manning KNOWS when to get the ball out of his hands.

Manning probably wouldn't have as good as numbers as he does in Indianapolis but, the numbers would be similar