PDA

View Full Version : Cheer up y'all, looks like Wire may not be playing on Sunday.

shelby
10-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Strong safety Coy Wire was also listed as questionable because of a bruised quadriceps, further depleting a banged-up secondary.

link (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/preview/NFL_20041010_BUF@NYJ)

clumping platelets
10-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Maybe you could console him :;

Jayhawk
10-09-2004, 09:16 AM
right there, there's the win for us!

HenryRules
10-09-2004, 09:59 AM
So who are our healthy safeties heading into this game? Prioleau, Reese, and Baker? That's horrible.

casdhf
10-09-2004, 10:35 AM
I doubt he's seriously injured, other than his moral from sucking lately.

juice
10-09-2004, 01:32 PM
I'd be happier if Coy was availabe to make a BIG PLAY on ST.. something like a Big Hit to cause a fumble, or downing the ball on the one yardline. Wire should be our best STer, instead of our worst DB.

Most of the Wire Critics probably dont HATE Coy Wire, I for one just hate how he is being misused in a position that he is lacking the skills to play... Not only hurting the Team Effort but also being injured and not available to be used in a part of the game in which he would be a Factor.

I hope he is able to play just not PLAY at SS ever again, especially against a Pass attack like the Jets or Pats have.

casdhf
10-09-2004, 02:13 PM
I'd be happier if Coy was availabe to make a BIG PLAY on ST.. something like a Big Hit to cause a fumble, or downing the ball on the one yardline. Wire should be our best STer, instead of our worst DB.

Most of the Wire Critics probably dont HATE Coy Wire, I for one just hate how he is being misused in a position that he is lacking the skills to play... Not only hurting the Team Effort but also being injured and not available to be used in a part of the game in which he would be a Factor.

I hope he is able to play just not PLAY at SS ever again, especially against a Pass attack like the Jets or Pats have.

Just what position would you put him at?

Stewie
10-09-2004, 02:48 PM

Left Out.

ArcticWildMan
10-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Left Out.

:rofl:

SABURZFAN
10-09-2004, 05:06 PM
wire is ANOTHER donahoe mistake. :mad:

juice
10-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Put him at Gunner if he has as much speed as many claim he has.. Since he has a college background as a RB he can also lead block on Punt Return before Fletcher separates a shoulder or fumbles the ball.

I would limit how much he plays DB to MAYBE some Blitz stunts but NEVER USE HIM IN COVERAGE. Short yardage Run Stuffing situations up close to the line where he wont be a victom of taking bad angles.

Basically use him as an additional LB type to disrupt run plays and plug run lanes.

Special Teams and very specialized Defensive schemes in which his strengths of Speed and ability to disrupt Offensive play timing are effective.

Wire is part of a team effort and will be needed during the season to justify using a Draft Pick on a Pet Project.

GreenMachine
10-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Maybe Buff should start Moorman at CB, he's got some speed!

juice
10-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Maybe Buff should start Moorman at CB, he's got some speed!
Moorman's speed, along with Quincy's Coke will turn this into a Bills Coming Out Party... Bills win 24-17. :jetsuck:

LABillsFan
10-10-2004, 03:19 AM
I wonder if any of the Bills will be playing Sunday :baghead:

Đ²
10-10-2004, 08:52 AM
I won't be happy untill they trade him to the Vikings for a 7-year old Juggs machine.

juice
10-15-2004, 08:01 PM
wire is ANOTHER donahoe mistake. :mad:
That Mistake may be starting according to Josh Mora on Empire.

Update.. WGR says MM is going with PP.