PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams

HotRod
10-09-2004, 03:04 PM
I hear that RW wants to "unretire", now that he found out he'd have to pay back 8+million dollars. IF, the fins were to take him back for this season, would he be a FA in '05? Who would want him? In my opinion, he'd be a huge risk to take. What effect is all of this having on the fins salary cap (if any)?

BillsRockSOMUCH
10-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Plus he also said he only wants to come back for 1 season.

HotRod
10-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Plus he also said he only wants to come back for 1 season.

That's right, I had forgotten about that.

The_Philster
10-09-2004, 04:59 PM
he can't come back til 05, I believe

SABURZFAN
10-09-2004, 05:02 PM
i was listening to a local sports show on radio and they said that ricky was living in a tent.

Marino13Phins
10-09-2004, 09:39 PM
I was listening to myself calling ricky a quiter, sources later confirmed this was true.

clumping platelets
10-10-2004, 10:24 PM
I hear that RW wants to "unretire", now that he found out he'd have to pay back 8+million dollars. IF, the fins were to take him back for this season, would he be a FA in '05? Who would want him? In my opinion, he'd be a huge risk to take. What effect is all of this having on the fins salary cap (if any)?

When he retired, Wicky had 3 years remaining (2004-2006) at $3.735 million, $3.74 million, and $3.5 million respectively. Since he "retired", the Fins do not get charged for his salary on the cap. He has no signing bonus amortization that counts on Miami cap because he was traded by the Saints and when a player is traded, all remaining signing bonus amortization is accelerated into the League Year of the trade. Right now, his cap number is zero on the 2004 cap. Since he's likely to miss the entire season, his contract will revert to the 2005-2007 seasons (or longer if he remains "retired"). I believe that once the 2004 season is over, his salary originally slated for 2004 will be applied to 2005 cap until his status is clarified. Fins (any team for that matter) would be stoopid to have them on their team. Wicky has apparently stated recently that he would play only one more season. That seriously depresses his trade value and if Miami can find a taker, have Zach Thomas and some of the vets on the Fins drive him to the airport after they "rough" him up a bit :D

Cntrygal
10-10-2004, 11:33 PM
When he retired, Wicky had 3 years remaining (2004-2006) at $3.735 million, $3.74 million, and $3.5 million respectively. Since he "retired", the Fins do not get charged for his salary on the cap. He has no signing bonus amortization that counts on Miami cap because he was traded by the Saints and when a player is traded, all remaining signing bonus amortization is accelerated into the League Year of the trade. Right now, his cap number is zero on the 2004 cap. Since he's likely to miss the entire season, his contract will revert to the 2005-2007 seasons (or longer if he remains "retired"). I believe that once the 2004 season is over, his salary originally slated for 2004 will be applied to 2005 cap until his status is clarified. Fins (any team for that matter) would be stoopid to have them on their team. Wicky has apparently stated recently that he would play only one more season. That seriously depresses his trade value and if Miami can find a taker, have Zach Thomas and some of the vets on the Fins drive him to the airport after they "rough" him up a bit :D

Thanks cp.

:squish: