PDA

View Full Version : Nice letter

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 08:13 AM
It's time to take the 12th man down from the Wall of Fame at Ralph Wilson Stadium and hang it in the bathroom. Then rename it the Wall of Shame.

Anytime we have a bad start or a few losses, a great number of fans jump ship! Already they're saying the season is over, pointing fingers at Bledsoe, the offense, the coaches or bad calls.

They whined about the loss to Jacksonville, when the defense disappeared the last two minutes of the last quarter.

They said the Bills need to play 110 percent the whole game, which is true. But so should the fans and not only when we're winning. I can't afford to go to all the games, but I have been there for some of the good, the bad and the ugly....scroll down (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041010/1002326.asp)

shelby
10-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Mark Wyno?!?! Poor bastard!:snicker:

Great letter.:up:

RedEyE
10-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Let's see what we have to shout about:

The consistant lack of execution by the offense?

A pourous offensive line?

The fact that Bledsoe has been sacked 14x in the last 2 games?

Oh yeah...Coy Wire... he's certianly something to be proud of....

The improper utilization of McGahee?

No, I now know, the fact that we haven't won a game since mid last season.

So much for the fans to get into.

mybills
10-10-2004, 08:25 AM
I'll never "jump ship" :D

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 08:26 AM
That's exactly what the writer was talking about, RedEyE :;

RedEyE
10-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Hardly, Phil. If you guys want to get excited about an under performing team, have at it. I'm not jumping ship, but I'm not accepting this bull**** either.

shelby
10-10-2004, 08:29 AM
:mad:
i've already conceded that Coy Wire is the devil and should be burned at the stake, BAMF.

:doh:

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Hardly, Phil. If you guys want to get excited about an under performing team, have at it. I'm not jumping ship, but I'm not accepting this bull**** either.
it's not about accepting that the team is underperforming. The 12th man used to be a part of the team that helped us win. Back in 98 against the Niners was one of the biggest examples of this (4th game of the season..we started 0-3)...we were so loud that Steve Young lined up behind the guard on one play....that the Left Tackle kept false-starting...yeah, we're upset, but when it comes time to do the job, we need to step it up like the players do

Cntrygal
10-10-2004, 08:54 AM
That is a crock. The fans are not the ones failing in "their duties".

Billz_fan
10-10-2004, 09:29 AM
I see what the guy is saying however......

The players get paid to play and the fans have to pay to watch them. If your paying for a product your gonna complain when you get a bad one.

The fans are still in the stands paying for there seats so I don't see where anyone has jumped ship. Also having thousands of Pat fans in the stadium is no surprise. They have won 2 super bowls which means there bandwagon is loaded and rolling nicely right now.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 10:39 AM
The crowds used to be consistently loud. Now it's only loud at times. We need to get back to what we used to be. :cynic:

SABURZFAN
10-10-2004, 10:49 AM

i'm with Red on this one.if he thinks that criticizing the teams play is "jumping ship,"i'd personally tell him to go wipe his ass with that article.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 10:52 AM
I don't think the letter writer meant that criticizing the team is bad..but that clamming up and not getting loud and leaving the game early is the problem :idunno:

SABURZFAN
10-10-2004, 10:52 AM
The crowds used to be consistently loud. Now it's only loud at times. We need to get back to what we used to be. :cynic:

this football team USED to be consistently good.now we have a bumbling moron running it.we need to get rid of donahoe.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2004, 10:55 AM
I don't think the letter writer meant that criticizing the team is bad..but that clamming up and not getting loud and leaving the game early is the problem :idunno:

they paid for the tickets.they can leave anytime.when donahoe can do something to get the fans excited,the crowd will be loud again.until then,people are going to criticize and do everything that he wrote in that article.

Nighthawk
10-10-2004, 10:56 AM
It's time to take the 12th man down from the Wall of Fame at Ralph Wilson Stadium and hang it in the bathroom. Then rename it the Wall of Shame.

Anytime we have a bad start or a few losses, a great number of fans jump ship! Already they're saying the season is over, pointing fingers at Bledsoe, the offense, the coaches or bad calls.

They whined about the loss to Jacksonville, when the defense disappeared the last two minutes of the last quarter.

They said the Bills need to play 110 percent the whole game, which is true. But so should the fans and not only when we're winning. I can't afford to go to all the games, but I have been there for some of the good, the bad and the ugly....scroll down (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041010/1002326.asp)

As long as fans are talking about this football team...whether they're complaining or chating about what they did great...then the fans are still supporting the team. As soon as there are no posters on this site, then it would be time to worry. I'm not going to support the mistakes and say that everything is OK, when it is not. If that is being a "bad" fan, oh well...so be it. I'd like to think that I'm an educated fan who doesn't have to believe everything that is force fed to me from One Bills Drive. I think that people who support the team and everything they do are kidding themselves. We pay good money for what we see and we have the right to let the team know how we feel...enough said!

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Do you need a good team to get riled up in the seats?

If they are 0-16, or 16-0- I bring the same enthusiasm.

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 10:57 AM
i'm with Red on this one.if he thinks that criticizing the teams play is "jumping ship,"i'd personally tell him to go wipe his ass with that article.

Agreed ... and it's not just 3 losses - it's the last 34 that we've had that are doing it in.

If this was one bad start after 3 playoff seasons, I'd say fans thinking the season was headed down the drain were overreacting. However, we haven't had a winning season in years and this season just looks like more of the same.

Why not go to the root of the cause instead of the symptom? If this team's fans are not as enthusiastic at games, it's a direct reflection of the inability of the team to perform on Sundays for the last 4 years or so. We've been loud and boisterous the last few years, but I think fans have finally had enough.

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Do you need a good team to get riled up in the seats?

If they are 0-16, or 16-0- I bring the same enthusiasm.

To maintain my enthusiasm through the tough times in a game, I do think they need to be a good team or at least one that comes up with decent performances now and again.

Against Houston in the playoffs 10+ years ago, I had a feeling that if any team was capable of winning, it'd be the Bills (wasn't in buffalo at the time, I watched it on tv).

Now, we can have a lead in the 4th quarter and I can almost guarantee that we'll blow it. Sorry, but I find it difficult to get enthusiastic about a team like that.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2004, 11:00 AM
does mark wyno have season tickets????i'd be surprised if he does.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 11:03 AM
does mark wyno have season tickets????i'd be surprised if he does.

I can't afford to go to all the games, but I have been there for some of the good, the bad and the ugly :;

:bf1: Dozer

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 11:05 AM
One big issue with noise is the ticket situation.

The Bills have one of the largest stadiums to fill, have to draw from 2 countries, the NFL's cheapest tickets, and they still have to sell a large block to the opposition's fans to guarantee a sellout.

The NFL's cheapest seats also work against us...New England fans, Jets Fans, Dolphin fans, and fans from other nearby cities (Cleveland, Pittsburgh) have the ability to scarf up a relatively easyto get and cheap ticket.

Cntrygal
10-10-2004, 01:39 PM

Well damn! This guy had better be hightailing it to the Meadowlands and telling all the Bills fans there that all they have to do is GET LOUD and the team will win.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 01:41 PM
:huh:

BFBills
10-10-2004, 02:09 PM
that is a great letter

BFBills
10-10-2004, 02:10 PM
i think that we should make the stadium so its as loud as possible