PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm done with the Henry era!

Nighthawk
10-10-2004, 04:29 PM
This guy is constantly missing holes, trying to go outside (which he is terrible at) and falling down. Give us some looks at McGahee, what could it hurt? What? Are we going to lose...umm, we're already doing that! :fury:

FTG
10-10-2004, 04:31 PM
the draft pick we're getting for this guy gets worse every game he plays

Nighthawk
10-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah, I forget to mention that he can't catch either. What the hell is he in there for? Give the rock to McGahee!

eifmp
10-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Henry is not a bad back. Not even close! He, and maybe the fans as well as the rest of the Buffalo Bills staff, underestimated the speed of the linebackers.

Multiple 1000 yard season and double digit TD seasons don't all go away because of one bad game.

gr8fuldad13
10-10-2004, 07:11 PM
have you been counting all of his fumbles, and dropped passes, over the past few years.............i have and henry is nota good back....by any means, and yes our trade bait is looking worse every week.. :cry:

on a good note we are having twin girls tomorrow, that will pick up a bad season !!!!!!!!! for me anyway, i hope you all have ways !!

Philagape
10-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Multiple 1000 yard season and double digit TD seasons don't all go away because of one bad game.

Henry has not done anything all year. His YPC in the four games are 3.3, 3.2, 4.1 and 2.7 ... his longest run is 14 yards ... and he has ZERO touchdowns (one if you count the non-call against the Raiders). For a starting RB, that SUCKS. He was the goat on the potential game-tying drive against the Pats. Now some will say the line's not blocking for him. But when someone brings that up about Drew, he gets slammed for making excuses.
Henry doesn't take one-tenth of the crap hurled at Drew. There have been more calls for Shane Matthews to start than for McGahee, who is more talented and multifaceted than Henry. I'm not saying start WM, but TH has lost the right to be the "feature" back for this team. He needs a good line to succeed, and we don't have one. Any offense depends on a running game as much as the QB, and Henry has been more of a failure this year than Drew.

BillsFever21
10-10-2004, 11:58 PM
I had a bad feeling we would regret waiting till next year before trading Henry. His trade value was the highest it was ever gonna be going into this year and we missed the boat.

He just came off a couple productive seasons, he had 2 years of cheap pay on his contract and he was also a year younger with a year less wear and tear which is huge in RB years. Most RB's are washed up by the time they're 30.

We probably could've scored a 1st round pick for him this year. Now we'll be lucky to get a 2nd next year.

socalfan
10-11-2004, 12:13 AM
This guy is constantly missing holes, trying to go outside (which he is terrible at) and falling down. Give us some looks at McGahee, what could it hurt? What? Are we going to lose...umm, we're already doing that! :fury:

FTG - give Travis a break, no blocking no running.

socalfan
10-11-2004, 12:14 AM
the draft pick we're getting for this guy gets worse every game he plays

Nighthawk...what draft pick are you talking about?

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2004, 12:23 AM
:bf1:

socalfan
10-11-2004, 12:25 AM
:bf1:

Dozer - what makes you agree with FTG on this point?

Dozerdog
10-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Dozer - what makes you agree with FTG on this point?

OK- no faking Alzheimer's disease to escape the suffering with the rest of us! :mad:

socalfan
10-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Nice try.

BillsFever21
10-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Travis Henry is just an average RB that's why we drafted McGahee with the hope he will pan out after his knee injury.

DC's don't sit up all night in a cold sweat worrying about how they're gonna stop Henry. I'll give him the fact that he is a good hard runner but that's all you're gonna get from him.

There is more to the RB position then just running. Henry is less then average at blocking and poses no receiving threat at all. The most you can hope for is that he'll catch the outlet pass when it's thrown his way.

Plain and simple Henry just isn't a gamebreaker type of RB. He has almost no vision at all, no receiving threat, lacks balance and doesn't have the speed(along with the vision) to break off them long runs.

I'll give the guy credit though. He is a warrior and plays his heart out but it doesn't make up for his other limitations.

I feel that most of his success the past couple years were from the defenses gameplanning around the pass. They were keying in on the pass because that's what our offensive game planning revolved around. That lead to less focus on the run along with running against more defensive passing formations. That allowed him more open space and the entire shabang.

Now this year we pass less and our offense is based around a run first mentality so now he sees more run blitzing and 8 man fronts that are focused for the run more and he's not having the same success.

Demon
10-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Sadly..... when the smoke clears and the debates end, this will be the outcome.

McGahee = Henry.

Neither is anything special.

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2004, 03:05 AM
OK- no faking Alzheimer's disease to escape the suffering with the rest of us! :mad:
:rofl:

shelby
10-11-2004, 04:08 AM
on a good note we are having twin girls tomorrow, that will pick up a bad season !!!!!!!!! for me anyway, i hope you all have ways !!
Congratulations, and good luck!