X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

My Rant on the Bills

Call it coaching, call it Bledsoe, call it not finishing a drive or game, I call it Buffalo Bills football. After somehow managing to be up 14-13 on the Jets with only a few minutes left in the game, I was never excited. Sure it was good to see the Bills actually put the ball in the endzone, but I knew what was going to happen. It boils down to one Lombardi quote...

Winning is a habbit...so is losing.

Winning teams find ways to win, and losing teams find ways to lose. The defense crumbling on the final drive on opening day. Coming short against Oakland. The offense choking on the last, critical drive against the Patriots of course after the idiotic offsides on the pat's field goal attempt which cost us 4 points (not to mention special teams penalties which cost us over 100 yards). Losing is inherent in Buffalo Bills football. Missed opportunities, mental lapses, half-assed efforts, and just plain chokin; all have become accustomed into this organization. Before last season and yes, even this season, my emotions over-took me and I believed we had a shot at at least winning season. Well, I sit here today being as bitter and as frustrated as ever. I wake up every Sunday of the season to watch the Bills game. I go to bed almost every Sunday of the season dissappointed.

How many times the Bills choke in critical situations is almost comical. I expect Bledsoe to get sacked everytime he drops back. I expect Travis Henry to slip in the backfield and miss the wide open hole for the first down on third and short in the fourth quarter. I expect the Jaguars to convert on 4th and 12 and score a touchdown on the last play of the game. After all, this is Buffalo Bills football baby!!!

I don't know where it would start to turn this organization around. Donahoe has never addressed our offensive line problem. Donahoe has brough in a head coach with zero experience at the position and who's history is not that impressive. Maybe a change in GM's would do the job. Maybe Mularkey just has to mature, after all it is his rookie season. Maybe we will bring in some respectable offensive linemen. Maybe Losman and McGahee will be our saviors next season.....wait a minute, there's my optimism again. I have to remember none of those things will happen. Why do I know that?

BECAUSE THIS IS BUFFALO BILLS FOOTBALL
    the dude abides
  • mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

6 hours later I have cooled off a bit. We can't expect much with a rookie head coach. Sure we need help on our o-line but it looks like that might be it. Besides the fact that we're as close as 4-0 as possible without winning a single game, we have many proven players thus far that will be on the team for a while; moulds, spikes, moorman, clements, henry/mcgahee, villereal, mcgee, schobel, evans, losman (preseason at least), and milloy. this isnt even considering the players that still have tons of room for improvement like mike williams, josh reed, rashad baker, jonas jennings, kelsay/denney, edwards/bannan, etc.

We have a great foundation for a team once everything clicks. we have the talent as we always have but i think in as soon as a couple weeks we can really turn things around and at least show that we have hope for next year.
    the dude abides

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I'm dissaponted as well.

Bad breaks, bad calls, bad penalties, bad turnovers.

Comment

• socalfan
        Old Fogey from Cali
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        I'm dissaponted as well.

Come on now Mr Cynical...it isn't that bad now.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I hope the sun comes up in the morning

I feel the pain

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
            I hope the sun comes up in the morning

I feel the pain
            the sun will come up in the morning, but not because it wants to

(i dont know the relevance, i just thought id throw that in there)
            the dude abides

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Good post, mypoorfriendme.

I've been in a few cities before in my life, but it just seems like to me, that Buffalo fans take it to a extreme with passion for our love of our teams. We just have too much pride. We get cought up in little moments and when they don't work, it seems like the world is over.

I'll admit, i thought McGahee was gonna really solid this season and that Mularkey, being a offensive genius, would use both Henry and McGahee and make them both productive on a team who would fight for the divison. I though Lee Evans would be having a Roy Williams type season, and Bledsoe would look awsome. Our defense would step up to the next level and our OL would improve a lot, give the RB and Bledsoe tons of time. I expected alot. I thought this season would be really good, a playoff season, and the future would look unreal.

Now, i just don't know. Don't know about McGahee. Don't know about Mularkey. Don't know about Losman. Don't know about our future.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                Bad team.

Comment

Working...
                X