PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy, but...

Wolffman
10-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Who thinks we should fire Mularky and promote Wyshe to Head Coach?

It wouldn't hurt anything. :fury:

Michael82
10-10-2004, 06:37 PM
:rolleyes:

cordog
10-10-2004, 06:38 PM
CRAZY!!! MM has been a HC for 4 games. 4 GAMES!!!!!!! And our team has been in the game up to the last few minutes every game!!!!

Michael82
10-10-2004, 06:40 PM
CRAZY!!! MM has been a HC for 4 games. 4 GAMES!!!!!!! And our team has been in the game up to the last few minutes every game!!!!
I guarantee if the Bills defense didn't **** the brick at the end of this game and the Bills actually pulled off the win...the Bills would have gone on a big winning streak. All they need to do is smell a win and savor a win...once that happens, things will start clicking. :pray:

Wolffman
10-10-2004, 06:41 PM
But don't you think Wyshe should at LEAST be on the field? I mean, its kinda hard to be a QB coach when you really can't talk to your QB.

cordog
10-10-2004, 06:42 PM
But don't you think Wyshe should at LEAST be on the field? I mean, its kinda hard to be a QB coach when you really can't talk to your QB.

He still talks to Bledsoe. You ever seen the phones on the sidelines?

Wolffman
10-10-2004, 06:42 PM
He still talks to Bledsoe. You ever seen the phones on the sidelines?
You can't tell me talking over the phone is the same as talking face to face.

cordog
10-10-2004, 06:44 PM

Do you see how many COORDINATORS both defensively and offensively around the league sit up in the booths? This is probably the least of the bills worries. He talks to Wyche, im sure of it. Bledsoe is one of the least of the Bills worries.

Wolffman
10-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Do you see how many COORDINATORS both defensively and offensively around the league sit up in the booths? This is probably the least of the bills worries. He talks to Wyche, im sure of it. Bledsoe is one of the least of the Bills worries.

A coordinator is a lot different than a position coach. A coordinator's only real job is to call plays, which is why hes up in the booth. A QB coach's job on the other hand is to help out the individual player, and is not needed to be up in the booth.

Wyshe should be on the field showing Drew what he did wrong and to correct it, not trying to explain it over a phone.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Besides, Bledsoe probably hears Wyche better via the phone..Wyche's voice is shot to hell

cordog
10-10-2004, 06:52 PM
A coordinator is a lot different than a position coach. A coordinator's only real job is to call plays, which is why hes up in the booth. A QB coach's job on the other hand is to help out the individual player, and is not needed to be up in the booth.

Wyshe should be on the field showing Drew what he did wrong and to correct it, not trying to explain it over a phone.

Okay i shouldnt have said Coordinators, but there are alot of coaches around the league that sit up in the booth. I guess it really cant be too much of a problem, Bledsoe played well today. Gilbride was on the sidelines. A lot of good that s*** did.

Michael82
10-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Besides, Bledsoe probably hears Wyche better via the phone..Wyche's voice is shot to hell
That's why Wyche is in the booth. The stadium is so loud all the time, Bledsoe wouldn't be able to hear him.

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Pure wishful thinking-

1- Wyche doesn't want the job. He can't speak, and had heart surgery- you expect him to coach?

2- He has not shown any extra-ordinary coaching abilities- Somewhat innovative and gimmick- like- he was a slightly better version of Mike Martz in the 1980's.

He wouuld go 12-4 one year, 6-10 the next with identical talent - very inconsistent.

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 07:05 PM

Name one thing you can't talk about over headphones that you can face to face.

At least in the booth he can see the entire play developing and comment on stuff. You can't see **** on the sidelines at field level

Demon
10-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Who thinks we should fire Mularky and promote Wyshe to Head Coach?

It wouldn't hurt anything. :fury:

Crazy. Give MM a team he can coach and then we'll judge him.

I got into a huge arguement at a sports bar today about firing Mularkey. A guy said they need to fire him, he was swearing and i told him there's no way. He said they need to find a proven head coach. So... basicially, we want to pay him for the next 3 seasons, then pay a proven coach, who will demand prolly a 4 year contract (not to mention most good proven coaches are taken) and if that guy fails after 2 seasons, we get another coach.... and soon, our payroll on Head Coaches will be higher then any player on the roster...... i can definetly see Ralph Wilson agreeing to that. Sorry i had to get that story in.

Mularkey is staying, for this season, and atleast next season.

Mr. Cynical
10-11-2004, 03:13 AM
Name one thing you can't talk about over headphones that you can face to face.

At least in the booth he can see the entire play developing and comment on stuff. You can't see **** on the sidelines at field levelWhile I don't want to see Wyche be HC, I disagree about the phone and face to face being the same. Yes you can call plays from the booth but plays are easy to communicate and are objective, e.g., 21XBlackR, etc. There's no need for interpretation. But you can't replace facial expresssions and body language when trying to communicate anything subjective. And you can't motivate someone over the phone anywhere near as well as face to face.