PDA

View Full Version : So what happened to Bledsoe not showing up...

Wraith
10-10-2004, 06:43 PM
He looked pretty damn good to me. Two 4th quarter touchdown passes to give us the lead late. If our so called "premiere" defense does it's job, or Travis Henry does his job (33 yards rushing? Good lord), we win this game and Bledsoe is the hero.

He's always the scape goat, but this is two games now where he's done exactly what he's been asked to do (for better or worse, questionable game planning against the Jags, too conservative in my mind) and put his team in a position to win late against teams with very good records.

cordog
10-10-2004, 06:47 PM
He looked pretty damn good to me. Two 4th quarter touchdown passes to give us the lead late. If our so called "premiere" defense does it's job, or Travis Henry does his job (33 yards rushing? Good lord), we win this game and Bledsoe is the hero.

He's always the scape goat, but this is two games now where he's done exactly what he's been asked to do (for better or worse, questionable game planning against the Jags, too conservative in my mind) and put his team in a position to win late against teams with very good records.

I dont care what anyone says about Bledsoe, he can still bring it and fling it. When he as time, and a pocket, he is still one of the most dangerous qbs in the league. Look at the 4th Quarter. When he has time he can tear a D apart

FTG
10-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Why do you feel the need to start a thread like this? Bledsoe played very good today. I give him props but we still lost. You don't seem to care about that as long as you can say "see I told you so" about Drew.

cordog
10-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Why do you feel the need to start a thread like this? Bledsoe played very good today. I give him props but we still lost. You don't seem to care about that as long as you can say "see I told you so" about Drew.

Well because everytime he plays poorly someone starts a thread bashing him.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 06:51 PM
no...more like 10 of them :puke:

Wraith
10-10-2004, 06:51 PM
I start this thread because there are a good deal of people out there who blame EVERYTHING on Bledsoe and never give him credit when it's due. When he has good games they say he didn't find a way to win. Well, this time he did, and his teammates blew it for him.

There's no "I told you so" here, I've never said once that Bledsoe wasn't part of the problem. He sure is. But he's splits that blame with a whole lot of other people, and that should be acknowledged. He did well today, that also deserves acknowledgement. I take positives where I can find them.

don137
10-10-2004, 06:53 PM
He did give up a very costly sack instead of throwing the ball away on the last drive. That cost critical time. He never seems to know when to get rid of the ball. I will say he did have a couple nice throws but he has always been a great vertical passer. It's his short passes, inability to avoid the sack and his lead feet that are his achilles heel.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 06:53 PM
I start this thread because there are a good deal of people out there who blame EVERYTHING on Bledsoe and never give him credit when it's due. When he has good games they say he didn't find a way to win. Well, this time he did, and his teammates blew it for him.

There's no "I told you so" here, I've never said once that Bledsoe wasn't part of the problem. He sure is. But he's splits that blame with a whole lot of other people, and that should be acknowledged. He did well today, that also deserves acknowledgement. I take positives where I can find them.
:10:

FTG
10-10-2004, 06:55 PM

Drew played well. Good for him. How about some credit for the O-line, recievers, etc. You guys always want to blame them when he plays bad

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 07:00 PM
:rolleyes: We've called Drew out for his poor play...just not in every other ****ing post

cordog
10-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Drew played well. Good for him. How about some credit for the O-line, recievers, etc. You guys always want to blame them when he plays bad

Okay, you got me,

Good job O-line thanks for giving drew time to throw on 2 whole drives. If it wasnt for that we wouldnt have been in the game.

Good job receivers, Other than those drops it was a pretty good day. If you ever find Josh Reed, send him my regards

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 07:09 PM

Bledsoe did not look good in the first 3 quarters. We are coming in with our season on the line and he didn't start out amazing. In fact, he started out mediocre or even worse in the pass-happy NFL that is this season. He put together 2 good drives against a prevent defense, but then came up craps again in the 4th.

He wasn't the sole reason for the loss this game ... but he definitely wasn't a reason we won it.

Tatonka
10-10-2004, 07:09 PM
i love how drew sucks a dick all day and the offense punts like 9 times in a row.. then throws 2 td passes.. one aided by a defensive INT.. and he is a hero

did everyone miss the fact that he gave up a **** sack that cost us almost 30 seconds.. with only a minute left?

bledsoe did not play horrible.. but the guy is still not a winner..

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Wha...he hit Bobby Shaw right between the 8 and the 1 on third down...to bad the dummy was facing the wrong way.

cordog
10-10-2004, 07:11 PM
did everyone miss the fact that he gave up a **** sack that cost us almost 30 seconds.. with only a minute left?

Did i miss when Bledsoe came in and played O-Line?

ScottLawrence
10-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Out of the last 8 minutes of the game, what was good about him?

Before the last quarter, I don't think we had over 100 yards on offense.... hows that for a quarterback?

And, how bout that sack he took on the final drive of the game?

I was ready to be ALL OVER Drew on this message board if not for the last quarter.

Tatonka
10-10-2004, 07:12 PM
did i miss the part where sacks are always the olines fault?

cordog
10-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Out of the last 8 minutes of the game, what was good about him?

Before the last quarter, I don't think we had over 100 yards on offense.... hows that for a quarterback?

And, how bout that sack he took on the final drive of the game?

I was ready to be ALL OVER Drew on this message board if not for the last quarter.

Your right, the offense did look horrible the first 3 1/2 quarters but when the offensive line gave him some time, he completed passes.

cordog
10-10-2004, 07:15 PM
did i miss the part where sacks are always the olines fault?

Did i miss the part where he ever had over 2 seconds before he was sacked?

Tatonka
10-10-2004, 07:16 PM
bottom line is drew is a loser.. the oline is not that good (although drew makes them look worse).. the running backs are barely above average.. the wrs drop too many catchable passes.. and the defense cant step up when it needs too.

this team is just miserable to watch.

Tatonka
10-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Did i miss the part where he ever had over 2 seconds before he was sacked?

yeah.. obviously you did.. i think that is obvious.

Wraith
10-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Bledsoe had a lot of nice throws on third and long to keep drives alive early on. Two on the first drive stand out, at least.

Coming into the year the main desire from a lot of people was a ball control offense. Run the ball a lot, have Bledsoe make short, controlled throws, don't do anything stupid. He does that, and he starts getting ribbed for not being a "winner," whatever that means. I thought the whole point here was that our defense and our running game was going to carry us?!?! He does plays a very controlled game again today, doesn't hurt his team, makes some nice throws when it counts, and when the game is on the line throws not one but two huge touchdowns.

I think he deserves a little bit of credit here. I'm not asking for him to be made a saint. That's just me.

Tatonka
10-10-2004, 07:22 PM
he starts getting ribbed for not being a "winner," whatever that means. I thought the whole point here was that our defense and our running game was going to carry us?!?!

not being a winner means that he doesnt win games.. he chokes every time when his back is against the wall.. when we got the ball with one minute left i bet my buddy 20$ that bledsoe would either fumble or throw an int.. guess who is eating for free tonight.

the whole reason that we need a defense and running game to carry us is because we dont have a qb that can hold up his end of the bargain.

what is drew bledsoes record as a starter? have you ever looked at it? what is his record in the playoffs? take a quick look at those and you will see the definition of not being a winner.

Wraith
10-10-2004, 07:25 PM
The game was just as much "on the line" when he threw the two touchdowns as they were on that last drive. That interception bounced off Moulds' chest.

The Natrix
10-10-2004, 07:25 PM
I knew there was going to be a thread like this. :lol:

It really is sad that this is what it has come down to in regards to Bledsoe. He throws a dart to Campbell and a nice bomb to Evans and it makes him look like a pro bowler because it is in stark contrast to how horrible he has been. Those clutch plays were nice for once, but it doesn't make me anymore hopeful that he can be on a successful Buffalo Bills footbal team in the future. If all the pieces came together and a little luck was thrown in I think there was a chance he could have been effective here, but it's just to late to try to make it work with him.

Tatonka
10-10-2004, 07:27 PM
The game was just as much "on the line" when he threw the two touchdowns as they were on that last drive. That interception bounced off Moulds' chest.

your right.. maybe if bledsoe could have directed an offense even into field goal range in the first 3.5 quarters.. he wouldnt have been in that situation.

i dont care who or what happened with the int.. i said it was going to happen and won money on it.. because, like clockwork, he cant make it through a game without giving the ball to the other team.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 07:28 PM
what is drew bledsoes record as a starter? have you ever looked at it? what is his record in the playoffs? take a quick look at those and you will see the definition of not being a winner.:jawdrop: and all this time I thought there were more players than the QB on the field

The Natrix
10-10-2004, 07:40 PM
:jawdrop: and all this time I thought there were more players than the QB on the field

Phil, find one post where T, or myself for that matter has said it is all on Drew. You won't find one. However, try looking for a post by you that is basically the same thing as your above quote. There's probably eight hundred.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Phil, find one post where T, or myself for that matter has said it is all on Drew. You won't find one. However, try looking for a post by you that is basically the same thing as your above quote. There's probably eight hundred.
If you put wins-losses on one player, you're ignoring that there are other players who contribute

Philagape
10-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Travis Henry has had a much worse season than Drew, and I don't see threads full of venom directed at HIM.

The Natrix
10-10-2004, 07:46 PM
If you put wins-losses on one player, you're ignoring that there are other players who contribute

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 07:49 PM
make it 802 :D

It's the ultimate team game ...everyone has to perform. In the NFL, with the parity that exists, the margin for error is just too slight

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Travis Henry has had a much worse season than Drew, and I don't see threads full of venom directed at HIM.
That's because some don't seem to be able to see past the QB...then when you call them on it, they claim you've got your head up Bledsoe's ass and refuse to see his faults...just a few posts after calling him out for something :roflmao:

The Natrix
10-10-2004, 07:52 PM
make it 802 :D

It's the ultimate team game ...everyone has to perform.

It's not the ultimate team game but everyone does have to perform.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for you to find one post.

Bill Cody
10-10-2004, 08:15 PM
not being a winner means that he doesnt win games.. he chokes every time when his back is against the wall.. when we got the ball with one minute left i bet my buddy 20$ that bledsoe would either fumble or throw an int.. guess who is eating for free tonight.

the whole reason that we need a defense and running game to carry us is because we dont have a qb that can hold up his end of the bargain.
Football is a team game, just thought that you might need to be reminded of that. The Bills had their back against the wall when they were down 13-7 with five minutes left...and Drew threw a perfect pass for a TD. BTW if I was your friend, I wouldn't pay up when he throws the pick on a hail mary.

The Bills almost won tonight despite their total lack of a running game. And the defense choked as they seem to always do when they need a stop late.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 08:21 PM
It's not the ultimate team game but everyone does have to perform.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for you to find one post.
correct everyone including the QB...but just the QB and look up in the thread
what is drew bledsoes record as a starter? sorry...but that's a ridiculous question...it's never just the QB...you can't give the won-loss record to a QB any more than you can a RB, the TE, or the FS They all have a part to play and by giving the win-loss record to one player, you're ignoring the contributions of the rest of the team...

DaBills
10-10-2004, 08:28 PM
"Did i miss the part where he ever had over 2 seconds before he was sacked?"

On a lot of throws in the first half when he had well over two secs, as much as 5 sec, he blew throws. Not threw it away to avoid sacks, just over or underthrew. Couldn't blame the line for that?

He moves the team in two drives of a 4th quarter and we're supposed to forget the 6 and out punt drives earlier? That's the problem. His play is so sporadic that he hasn't lead the team on sustainable drives consistantly in a single game let alone consecutive game(s).

Yeah, I put it on him. He's the QB. He's the vet leader that has to have responsibility end with him. That's what QB's do. The Giants have given up 16 sacks to our 19, and yet they're 4-1. That's what a vet QB does. He overcomes a 'lousy' O-line and wins.

DaBills
10-10-2004, 08:32 PM
The Bill's lack of running game? The Jets had only 5 more yards than us rushing. Difference was they had a real QB that could run their O and sustain a drive.

Bill Cody
10-10-2004, 08:35 PM
The Bill's lack of running game? The Jets had only 5 more yards than us rushing. Difference was they had a real QB that could run their O and sustain a drive.
We ran it a lot more than they did, and it helps the passing game when you have Wayne Chrebet wide open on every third down.

finsrclowns
10-10-2004, 08:42 PM
We ran it a lot more than they did, and it helps the passing game when you have Wayne Chrebet wide open on every third down.

If Josh Reed WAS Wayne Chrebet we'd have a pretty strong receiving corp. But he isn't.

bledslow
10-10-2004, 08:47 PM
congrats to drew for throwing 2 td's against prevents. one td pass was a pushoff on evans that didnt get called btw.

ppl i got news for you,MOST teams do not have great o-lines. how can this pile of garbage(drew) take a sack on that last drive? this guy(drew) has no ability to overcome,asking him to slide left/right in the pocket is science fiction,he just cant do it.most qb's can except for this joke.he cost this team precious seconds because of that sack and all he had to do was get in fg range, did they also ave a timeout that went un-used? if so,thats sad. drew did not do enough in this game (AS USUAL).

Tatonka
10-10-2004, 08:47 PM
funny how brett farve is always able to perform.. no matter how their oline looks.. dan marino never had a bad oline i guess huh? mike vicks oline is not that good.. but he makes it look good.

bottom line.. drew cant move the offense.. we score 11 points a game on average under him this year.. and it has never been much better in the past year.. and really has only been good the first half of drews first season.

he just isnt good. he never has been. he cant win.. sorry but he has not always been on bad teams.. and good qbs make their teams look better.. bledsoe makes his team look much worse. always has..

people always say about bledsoe.. "well, if he had a good oline.. well, if he had a great running game.. well, if he had great wrs.. or a great te.. "

guess what.. if we had those things ANY QB IN ThE NFL RIGHT NOW would be successful under those circumstances.

and phil get over the "stop blaming it all on bledsoe" bull****.. it is obviously not all his fault.. the defense and coaching sucked a dick today too.. but bledsoe is just never capable enough to win a game.. he cant steal one or two like alot of other qbs can.. win games for us that we shouldnt win.. in fact.. the only thing he is capable of doing is just not screwing it up from time to time.. which he screws up with most of the time.

The_Philster
10-10-2004, 08:55 PM
Brett has mobility, Tatonka..Drew never has...few QBs can carry a team on their shoulders and only a fool would think Drew was ever one of that rare breed. I even wrote an article stating that http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2004/03/23/jim_kelly_and_drew_bledsoe_similar_yet_different.php
As far as blaiming it all on Drew, everytime someone states that the QB's win loss record is such and such...they're ignoring the rest of the team

Bill Cody
10-10-2004, 09:03 PM
funny how brett farve is always able to perform.. no matter how their oline looks
Sorry, I didn't read the rest of this post, (although I'm sure it was brilliantly crafted) but Brett Favre has the best O-line in football right now, and they have never been bad since he's been there.

LarryBoy
10-10-2004, 09:05 PM
mike vicks oline is not that good.. but he makes it look good.

Umm.....Bledsoes QB rating is better then Vick, just so you know.

DaBills
10-10-2004, 09:18 PM
But Atlanta is 4-1. What's the connection? There is none. Thats' my point earlier when I said the Giants have 16 sacks to our 19. Doesn't matter. As long as you have a QB that can overcome sacks, INT's and go on to win, who cares how low his rating is?

The only stat I care about is W-L. And right now, according to THAT stat, we suck.

LarryBoy
10-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Um, Atlanta is 4-1. The only stat I care about is W-L. And right now, according to THAT stat, we suck.

Maybe they have a better team and dont rack up 100 yards a game in penalites?

:idunno:

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Maybe they have a better team and dont rack up 100 yards a game in penalites?

:idunno:

Last year Atlanta's record with Vick as a starter was 3-1. Without him, it was 2-10. QB's can make a huge difference in W/L records.

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Umm.....Bledsoes QB rating is better then Vick, just so you know.

Vick also has over 200 yards rushing.

LarryBoy
10-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Vick also has over 200 yards rushing.

And as a team then have almost 800 yards to our 400 with 7 TD's to none.....seems like their O-lines a tad better then ours anyway.

BillsFever21
10-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Bledsoe stinks up the place all day and finally gets us a couple TD's and his ass sniffers are ready to make him the league MVP this season. I should've figured.

He can play like dog crap game after game and it's not his fault but when he finally looks respectable for a quarter the sniffers wanna admire him.

When Drew plays bad it's the OL, WR's and coaches fault. When Drew finally has his occasional non-stinker it's because he is great. I see how it goes.

Big deal he finally has a couple TD passes in a game and now he's great again. How many POS QB's in the league throws a couple TD's in a game every week but they still suck regardless?

We broke out with an offensive explosion of 14 points this week. Wow I can hardly even contain myself.

I give him credit. He finally came through in the 4th quarter and put us in the lead for once. That doesn't make up for all the games he has been miserable.

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 09:51 PM
And as a team then have almost 800 yards to our 400 with 7 TD's to none.....seems like their O-lines a tad better then ours anyway.

I agree about the OL, in fact I think everyone has a better OL (well, maybe Miami's is worse).

But I think Vick helps out their rushing performance more than almost any other QB. Opposing defences need to have a LB to key on Vick on every single play, so it's almost a case of 11 playing on 10.

mybills
10-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Bledsoe did not look good in the first 3 quarters.

He wasn't the sole reason for the loss this game ... but he definitely wasn't a reason we won it.

THANK YOU HenryRules! :up:

mybills
10-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Bledsoe stinks up the place all day and finally gets us a couple TD's and his ass sniffers are ready to make him the league MVP this season.
It worked for Brady in both SB even though Vinateri won them! :rofl:

blitzkrieg
10-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Here's an excerpt of Bledsoe after the game in NFL.com:

"We've been close," Bledsoe said. "Whatever the answer is to executing with more precision and avoid the stupid little mistakes, we've got to do it. That's why we're not winning."

Tatonka
10-10-2004, 10:47 PM
typical company line.. i dont even read them any more.. you mine as well cut and past the same damn quotes from every loss this season.

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 10:54 PM
But Atlanta is 4-1. What's the connection? There is none. Thats' my point earlier when I said the Giants have 16 sacks to our 19. Doesn't matter. As long as you have a QB that can overcome sacks, INT's and go on to win, who cares how low his rating is?

The only stat I care about is W-L. And right now, according to THAT stat, we suck.

Atlanta is winning on a tenacious defense (16 sacks and 12 TO's going into today) and a strong running game.

Vick has been dissapointing so far (based on expectations) - He can't seem to find any WRs and is making Price look like a bust for all that money and a #1 pick. He's also turning the ball over- 4 lost fumbles. Mora Jr has turned him into a caretaker QB - and it is producing wins.

He's also killing my fantasy team. :mad:

Philagape
10-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Bledsoe stinks up the place all day and finally gets us a couple TD's and his ass sniffers are ready to make him the league MVP this season. I should've figured.

He can play like dog crap game after game and it's not his fault but when he finally looks respectable for a quarter the sniffers wanna admire him.

There are others on offense stinking up the place worse than Bledsoe; namely, Travis Henry. 12 carries for 33 yards, and he has done NOTHING this year. A big reason this offense is not moving is because it doesn't have a running game, and it's Henry who has played like dog crap more than Drew. It's Henry who has been miserable -- 80 carries, 273 yards, 3.4 YPC, zero TDs. For a lead RB, that simply sucks.
By comparison, Drew is 64 of 109 (58.7 %) for 795 yards (7.3 YPA), 5 TDs, 3 INTs, 2 fumbles, 19 sacks. Not real good either, but not the vortex of putridity.

When Drew plays bad it's the OL, WR's and coaches fault. When Drew finally has his occasional non-stinker it's because he is great. I see how it goes.

I see that it's just the opposite on the other side of the fence; when things go wrong, his fault; when he does well, excuses. Bias runs both ways.

I'm not trying to defend Drew, he has sucked at times too, but the level of venom directed at him is NOT proportional to the amount of blame the whole offense deserves. At least Drew has made some plays.

socalfan
10-10-2004, 11:16 PM
"We've been close," Bledsoe said. "Whatever the answer is to executing with more precision and avoid the stupid little mistakes, we've got to do it. That's why we're not winning."

No one really cares what he has to say about why the Bills are losers.

What I think is interesting now is Grey's future. Does he look like head coaching material if the Bills go 2-14 this year? How about the defense that lets about 50% of all 3rd down conversions when the yardage is for more than 5 yards?