So what happened to Bledsoe not showing up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wraith
    • Mar 2003

So what happened to Bledsoe not showing up...

He looked pretty damn good to me. Two 4th quarter touchdown passes to give us the lead late. If our so called "premiere" defense does it's job, or Travis Henry does his job (33 yards rushing? Good lord), we win this game and Bledsoe is the hero.

He's always the scape goat, but this is two games now where he's done exactly what he's been asked to do (for better or worse, questionable game planning against the Jags, too conservative in my mind) and put his team in a position to win late against teams with very good records.
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Wraith
    He looked pretty damn good to me. Two 4th quarter touchdown passes to give us the lead late. If our so called "premiere" defense does it's job, or Travis Henry does his job (33 yards rushing? Good lord), we win this game and Bledsoe is the hero.

He's always the scape goat, but this is two games now where he's done exactly what he's been asked to do (for better or worse, questionable game planning against the Jags, too conservative in my mind) and put his team in a position to win late against teams with very good records.

I dont care what anyone says about Bledsoe, he can still bring it and fling it. When he as time, and a pocket, he is still one of the most dangerous qbs in the league. Look at the 4th Quarter. When he has time he can tear a D apart

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

Why do you feel the need to start a thread like this? Bledsoe played very good today. I give him props but we still lost. You don't seem to care about that as long as you can say "see I told you so" about Drew.
      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• cordog
        eat, drink, and be merry
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by FTG
        Why do you feel the need to start a thread like this? Bledsoe played very good today. I give him props but we still lost. You don't seem to care about that as long as you can say "see I told you so" about Drew.
        Well because everytime he plays poorly someone starts a thread bashing him.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
          no...more like 10 of them
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Wraith
            • Mar 2003

I start this thread because there are a good deal of people out there who blame EVERYTHING on Bledsoe and never give him credit when it's due. When he has good games they say he didn't find a way to win. Well, this time he did, and his teammates blew it for him.

There's no "I told you so" here, I've never said once that Bledsoe wasn't part of the problem. He sure is. But he's splits that blame with a whole lot of other people, and that should be acknowledged. He did well today, that also deserves acknowledgement. I take positives where I can find them.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

He did give up a very costly sack instead of throwing the ball away on the last drive. That cost critical time. He never seems to know when to get rid of the ball. I will say he did have a couple nice throws but he has always been a great vertical passer. It's his short passes, inability to avoid the sack and his lead feet that are his achilles heel.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

I start this thread because there are a good deal of people out there who blame EVERYTHING on Bledsoe and never give him credit when it's due. When he has good games they say he didn't find a way to win. Well, this time he did, and his teammates blew it for him.

There's no "I told you so" here, I've never said once that Bledsoe wasn't part of the problem. He sure is. But he's splits that blame with a whole lot of other people, and that should be acknowledged. He did well today, that also deserves acknowledgement. I take positives where I can find them.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• FTG
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cordog

Drew played well. Good for him. How about some credit for the O-line, recievers, etc. You guys always want to blame them when he plays bad
                  Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

We've called Drew out for his poor play...just not in every other ****ing post

Comment

• cordog
                      eat, drink, and be merry
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                      Drew played well. Good for him. How about some credit for the O-line, recievers, etc. You guys always want to blame them when he plays bad

Okay, you got me,

Good job O-line thanks for giving drew time to throw on 2 whole drives. If it wasnt for that we wouldnt have been in the game.

Good job receivers, Other than those drops it was a pretty good day. If you ever find Josh Reed, send him my regards

Comment

• HenryRules
                        • Jul 2002

Bledsoe did not look good in the first 3 quarters. We are coming in with our season on the line and he didn't start out amazing. In fact, he started out mediocre or even worse in the pass-happy NFL that is this season. He put together 2 good drives against a prevent defense, but then came up craps again in the 4th.

He wasn't the sole reason for the loss this game ... but he definitely wasn't a reason we won it.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i love how drew sucks a dick all day and the offense punts like 9 times in a row.. then throws 2 td passes.. one aided by a defensive INT.. and he is a hero

did everyone miss the fact that he gave up a **** sack that cost us almost 30 seconds.. with only a minute left?

bledsoe did not play horrible.. but the guy is still not a winner..
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Wha...he hit Bobby Shaw right between the 8 and the 1 on third down...to bad the dummy was facing the wrong way.

Comment

• cordog
                              eat, drink, and be merry
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

did everyone miss the fact that he gave up a **** sack that cost us almost 30 seconds.. with only a minute left?
                              Did i miss when Bledsoe came in and played O-Line?

Comment

Working...
                              X