PDA

View Full Version : RB Contreversy

HenryRules
10-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Well, the contreversy starts now. Mularkey and Donahoe said there wasn't going to be one, but there's no doubt in my mind that the media is going to be calling for McGahee to start this week.

DraftBoy
10-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Well, the contreversy starts now. Mularkey and Donahoe said there wasn't going to be one, but there's no doubt in my mind that the media is going to be calling for McGahee to start this week.

Wont just be the media Im calling for it too, and many fans are going to start doing so also.

snow1989
10-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Not sure why there should be a controversy. Right now I don't care who you line up in the backfield. They wouldn't gain much behind the weak O-Line.

DraftBoy
10-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Not sure why there should be a controversy. Right now I don't care who you line up in the backfield. They wouldn't gain much behind the weak O-Line.

Well Henry ran what 11 times and avg under 3 yds a carry all the sudden McGahee comes in and gets gains of 13 and 21, yet nobody can run behind this line?

snow1989
10-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Well Henry ran what 11 times and avg under 3 yds a carry all the sudden McGahee comes in and gets gains of 13 and 21, yet nobody can run behind this line?

And Henry ripped off one for 14. Of course you'll get some gains, but I don't see it being consistent 100 yard days for anyone behind that line.

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 06:59 PM
RB controversy is the least of our worries.

What controversy? Which RB is going to carry for 3.2 yard averages?

DraftBoy
10-10-2004, 07:00 PM
And Henry ripped off one for 14. Of course you'll get some gains, but I don't see it being consistent 100 yard days for anyone behind that line.

Id be willing to bet that if McGahee was given the same amound of carries as Henry he would easily out gain him. He consistently gains yardage while Henry has a drive or 2 of good gains then he's avg-bad the rest of the game. Im not willing to settle with this mediocrity.

fushetti
10-10-2004, 07:01 PM
THERES NO CONTROVERSY....

DraftBoy
10-10-2004, 07:01 PM
THERES NO CONTROVERSY....

haha :crazy:

FTG
10-10-2004, 07:12 PM

there were two 3rd and 1's where there was absolutely nothing there and McGahee found a way to eek out the first down. Henry would have been thrown for a loss. I don't know about a full blown controversy but Willis sure should be the goal line and short yardage back from here on out

snow1989
10-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm not against giving the guy a shot...my point is don't be surprised if its not pretty much more of the same until we get an O-Line that can block more than someone's way to the buffet counter.....
.....and why the heck wouldn't TD invest more in the O-Line when he knew he traded for an immobile QB anyway??

RedEyE
10-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Ridiculous. The entire offense is inept. You can hardly say that it's just Henry underperforming.

FTG
10-10-2004, 07:23 PM
.....and why the heck wouldn't TD invest more in the O-Line when he knew he traded for an immobile QB anyway??

good question. I have no clue what his answer would be. Oh thats right...........we have a lot of good young linemen that are developing :snicker:

Charlieguide
10-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Id be willing to bet that if McGahee was given the same amound of carries as Henry he would easily out gain him. He consistently gains yardage while Henry has a drive or 2 of good gains then he's avg-bad the rest of the game. Im not willing to settle with this mediocrity.

Absolutely not. Take a look at their season ypc. Both have been inconsistent, thanks to the OL, but TH is averaging about a yard more per carry than WM.

Fix the OL before making any moves at RB. It's a good 1-2 the way it is.

TigerJ
10-10-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm not going to call for McGahee to start, just to get a reasonable number of carries so he can continue to gain confidence. I also think the Bills ought to rethink the notion that Henry ought to be the only one of the two that is on the field when the game is on the line. I don't think McGahee is any less of a clutch player than Henry.

I think my biggest gripe with the coaching staff in this game is that they insisted on a game plan overbalanced toward running the ball even though the Jets telegraphed all the way from last week that they were going to overplay the run. I think it's OK for the coaching staff to have a goal of achieving balance with the offence, and if the defense plays a balanced game to run more than you pass, but if they are lining up in the box and daring you to try and run through a wall, you have to take what they give you, and that is passes. I think the offence came allive in the fourth quarter not because the Jets let up so much as because Buffalo started taking what the Jets were giving, again too little too late. And of course the defence couldn't stop the Jets when it counted, or much of the rest of the time either. This was easily the defense's worst outing.

shelby
10-11-2004, 04:34 AM
Ridiculous. The entire offense is inept. You can hardly say that it's just Henry underperforming.
Exactly!

shotgun
10-11-2004, 04:37 AM
trade travis now no god damm td in 4 game and allwasy runs into the o-line jesus f*((& christ come on