PDA

View Full Version : Is this team really this bad???

youngunz
10-10-2004, 06:53 PM
As I watch the game today in to the forth quarter, I started asking myself is this team really this bad. After watching Lindell kick the extra point to give the Bills the lead, my question was being answered for me.

Where did the Number 2 NFL rated defense go from last year. Week after week opposing QB's are given all day to sit in the pocket and pick apart the secondary.

Is Jerry Gray that afraid to put pressure on teams when it comes down to crunch time. <Jerry...lets remember week 1>

With a minute to go and the Jets defense protecting the long ball, Drew you dont have to look for those 20+ patterns. The intermediate routes are always wide open, and they can get out of bounds. <Hell ... even my son can do it in Madden>

I can honestly say that I am numb now.
1. I was PISSED after the Jags game
2. I was STUNNED after the Raider game
3. I was recovering during the BYE
4. I was REALIZING the TRUTH after the Patriot game
5. I AM JUST NUMB

J.P. hurry up and get better so that you can take your Rookie lumps this season and not watse another year.

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the boards!

We invent new ways to suck each week.

If the offense found that sense of despiration in the 2nd quarter instead of the 4th each week- we might be able to do something.

Charlieguide
10-10-2004, 07:26 PM
:welcome: :wave:

No, I don't think we're really that bad. We're not even as bad as our net points would indicate. We just find ways to lose . . . which may be worse than anything . . . but there's potential here. If MM can find it, he'll be considered a good, if not great, coach. If he can't find it, it's another bad hire for TD.

FTG
10-10-2004, 07:29 PM
we will be 3-4 going into the Jets rematch.

snow1989
10-10-2004, 07:35 PM

3-4? 3-4? And who said hope was a lost human sentiment on the truth. No offense....we could beat miami (we should), but I don't see us beating Baltimore or even Arizona. Not unless there are huge changes made.

FTG
10-10-2004, 07:39 PM
3-4? 3-4? And who said hope was a lost human sentiment on the truth. No offense....we could beat miami (we should), but I don't see us beating Baltimore or even Arizona. Not unless there are huge changes made.

I'm trying to be positive here :D

We should beat Miami
With Lewis on suspension we have a decent shot at Baltimore
Arizona is still the cards. They choked again today. We should beat them too.

TigerJ
10-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Let me preface my remarks by saying I'm thoroughly disgusted with what the Bills have done so far this season. I expected more of Mularkey and the players, and what I say following this is not to be construed as an excuse. I think Buffalo could have and should have won several if not all of the games they have played so far.

That said, No one else has played a schedule so far with two undefeated opponents. Going by opponents' records Buffalo has played far and away the toughest schedule in the league. Buffalo has played one opponent who now has a sub .500 record, that being Oakland. I thought we should have beaten Oakland, but not only was it an away game for Buffalo, it is tougher to cross the continent and win a game than to win an away game in your own time zone. That is a pretty well established fact. All that changes when Buffalo takes on winless Miami next week. I fear that so much damage has been done both to the psyche of the players, as well as to any chances of making the playoffs, that even if the Bills win (which they should) it may not be enough to shake the monkey of losing four straight off their backs.

LABillsFan
10-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Yes this team is that bad.
1.) Good teams win
2.) Good teams don't beat themselves
3.) Good teams don't take penalties at crucial times
4.) Good teams don't commit many penalties
5.) Good teams have a tried and true system
6.) Good teams go out and get players and coaches that help the team, not to try and stick it to a team that some used to work for.
7.) Good teams beat teams they should beat and beat teams that are at their level.
8.) Good teams get it together in the last 2 min's of the game.
9.) Good teams have offenses that can score at least 2 td's a game.
10.) Good teams rebound quickly and stop the schnied.

I got more if you you're not satisfied.

ScottLawrence
10-10-2004, 08:43 PM

Thats exactly how I feel.

shelby
10-11-2004, 04:30 AM
Welcome to the Zone!