PDA

View Full Version : Players

bdogg
10-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Lets stop blaming the coaches, We have so many supposedly good players on this team. This is not MM fault or any other coaches fault, These stupid players are the reason, That OL is terrible. The offense leaves the defense on the field way to long, and they get tired. I will not blame our defense,they have kept us in every ball game!

OpIv37
10-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Lets stop blaming the coaches, We have so many supposedly good players on this team. This is not MM fault or any other coaches fault, These stupid players are the reason, That OL is terrible. The offense leaves the defense on the field way to long, and they get tired. I will not blame our defense,they have kept us in every ball game!

MM isn't to blame for the dropped balls, missed blocks, etc. But the last two weeks, this team has had an incredible amount of penalties, including personal fouls. Some players are making mental mistakes (receivers running the wrong routes, defenders biting on play fakes, etc). These are things that coaching can correct.

At the same time, other things have gone wrong that are clearly coaching errors. Every damn week, we burn 1, if not 2, timeouts early in the half. Since all the games have been close, this clock management really hurts us. MM abandons the run early, and the offense never took a shot down the field against Oakland to keep the defense honest.

Did any of this lead directly to a loss? I doubt it, but these are the kinds of mistakes that teams like New England and Philadelphia don't make, and in the long run, it leads to better performance and more wins.

Charlieguide
10-10-2004, 08:13 PM
I'm not laying the blame in any one place, but let's see the coaches try to find a way to better protect Drew. They aren't opening holes for RB's, and they aren't consistently giving him enough time. Line up 2TE's, or a FB, or even an extra OT, but do something besides more of the same!