PDA

View Full Version : The future?

DraftBoy
10-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Im willing to start McGahee next week, Losman when he is ready, Baker at FS (move Reese to SS), Ritzman at a DE spot. I mean hell this team looks bad enough as is, this couldnt make them any worse.

Charlieguide
10-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Nope. Fix the OL and the heart of this team first. They don't believe in themselves. They're starting to (witness the 4th quarter offense), but until they do, you don't put rookies in. And once they believe, you won't need to make such radical changes.

Watching this from the sidelines -- regardless of if/when we turn the corner -- may be the best lesson Losman can have. It will be a textbook example of the value of spirit, confidence, and execution. Involve him in it, and he'll get caught up in it, and it may ruin him. The last thing we want is for him to be the next David Klingler/Akili Smith.

DraftBoy
10-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Nope. Fix the OL and the heart of this team first. They don't believe in themselves. They're starting to (witness the 4th quarter offense), but until they do, you don't put rookies in. And once they believe, you won't need to make such radical changes.

Watching this from the sidelines -- regardless of if/when we turn the corner -- may be the best lesson Losman can have. It will be a textbook example of the value of spirit, confidence, and execution. Involve him in it, and he'll get caught up in it, and it may ruin him. The last thing we want is for him to be the next David Klingler/Akili Smith.

While a valued opinion its also all speculation. I dont see this team showing any heart. We threw away a gift today, the Jets shoulda kicked the snot out of us. I see putting rookies in as a way to give this team new life. I dont see how sitting Losman out and letting Bledsoe get his ass kicked is gonna help JP. I agree with you the OL needs to be fixed but there is a hell of alot more than that too. WR, RB, OL, DL, and DB's.

mybills
10-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Screw McGahee. He's trade bait.

DraftBoy
10-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Screw McGahee. He's trade bait.

Intresting idea, but why not Henry? Please dont give me that washed up **** about him being a warrior. :yap:

ScottLawrence
10-10-2004, 09:48 PM
While a valued opinion its also all speculation. I dont see this team showing any heart. We threw away a gift today, the Jets shoulda kicked the snot out of us. I see putting rookies in as a way to give this team new life. I dont see how sitting Losman out and letting Bledsoe get his ass kicked is gonna help JP. I agree with you the OL needs to be fixed but there is a hell of alot more than that too. WR, RB, OL, DL, and DB's.

I still don't understand the OL comments.... Jennings had a bad game but, besides him in todays game what was wrong with it?

DraftBoy
10-10-2004, 11:16 PM
I still don't understand the OL comments.... Jennings had a bad game but, besides him in todays game what was wrong with it?

It seems everygame is a bad game for one or two of our OL. I cant recall one game all season where the OL had a good game, that constitutes it being a problem, and a big one at that.

tampabay25690
10-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Im willing to start McGahee next week, Losman when he is ready, Baker at FS (move Reese to SS), Ritzman at a DE spot. I mean hell this team looks bad enough as is, this couldnt make them any worse.

Losman will not start anytime soon, WHY hurry him in, SO HE GETS KILLED!!!!

Dozerdog
10-10-2004, 11:21 PM

I think you are hitting the panic button on the defense.

Get Milloy back and that solves a lot of problems.

We held Jax and Oakland to 13 points, the Champs to 24 (on offense) and The Jets to 16 -now you want to put in undrafted free agents?

Off of what- blown 4th quarter leads against 3rd and 4th stringers in preseason?

I understand the dissapointment on the lost 4th quarter leads- but trust me- with those guys in there there won't be 4th quarter leads to blow.